Who's Next?
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- Duffman
- Ballboy

- Posts: 16
- Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:17 am
Re: Whos Next?
If it is to be a cheap appointment (i.e. no compensation) then I think O'Driscoll could be a good shout. Built a solid foundation with a good philosophy at Doncaster with limited funds
-
Genghers
- Superstar

- Posts: 5801
- Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm
- Location: Newcastle
Re: Whos Next?
He hates Leeds almost as much as Bates. No way I would want him anywhere near our club.leedsclare wrote:i understand why people dont like the person neil warnock but his promotion success rate is secobnd to none
We are only 3 points off sixth place. 5 winnable fixtures coming up. Warnock would get us up. if not this year, next year. No doubt
- joelufc20
- First Team

- Posts: 2099
- Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:35 pm
- Location: Lincoln UK
Re: Whos Next?
Neil Warnock for me would be able to get the experienced players frozen out playing again. Did a good job at palace with limited funds. Able to get his hands on championship players and the players will respect him. Under Si MATTEO we would play good football. Bruce would be an ok choice but if I had to pick anyone other than Warnock it would be strachan with macca as his assistant. Can see an interim coach incharge for the rest of the season which could possibly be Eddie gray. We need some decent coaches.
REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND
[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
-
leedsclare
- Ballboy

- Posts: 17
- Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:03 am
Re: Whos Next?
that would be a disaster and defeat the purpose of sacking grayson. The logic I am trying to take from it is that a new manager comes in now they still might get promoted this year but if they dont they will be expected to go up next year. Di Matteo would be a good shout but he would probably have to pay for him so cant see it happeningjoelufc20 wrote:Neil Warnock for me would be able to get the experienced players frozen out playing again. Did a good job at palace with limited funds. Able to get his hands on championship players and the players will respect him. Under Si MATTEO we would play good football. Bruce would be an ok choice but if I had to pick anyone other than Warnock it would be strachan with macca as his assistant. Can see an interim coach incharge for the rest of the season which could possibly be Eddie gray. We need some decent coaches.
not bruce and definately not keane.
- Gino 1959
- Superstar

- Posts: 11810
- Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
- Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)
Re: Whos Next?
Deffo not that feckin traitor Keane and I despise Billy Davies to an unbelievable degree. Ditto Megson. Intrigued by the mention of O'Driscoll, though not sure I want a Leeds manager with SOD on his tracksuit top.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
- The Monk
- Ballboy

- Posts: 21
- Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:00 pm
- Location: Leeds
Re: Whos Next?
I've got to admit that I would much rather have Warnock than anyone else at the moment. Know a few Leeds fans won't be happy with that appointment but from a results stand point I don't think there is anyone better qualified to get us into the Premier League at this time.
However, I can't see Bates taking him on. Warnock is too outspoken, Bates wants a lapdog that will do as he is told. I am predicting that we got someone like Iain Dowie or Jim Magilton, which would be absolutely appauling.
If not youve got to be looking at Gianfranco Zola or Roberto Di Matteo.
Or even Wise!!
Oh dear......... :fish1:
However, I can't see Bates taking him on. Warnock is too outspoken, Bates wants a lapdog that will do as he is told. I am predicting that we got someone like Iain Dowie or Jim Magilton, which would be absolutely appauling.
Or even Wise!!
A good fight should be like a small play...but played seriously. When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity... l do not hit...it hits all by itself.
- Crude
- Superstar

- Posts: 5674
- Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
- Location: 'Merica
Re: Whos Next?
Who's next? Who would want to work under Bates and his antics? It's a 'eff all job at this point, instead of one of the most coveted positions in English football.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023
Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000
Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000
Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
- YorkshireSquare
- Administrator

- Posts: 15047
- Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
- Twitter: @motforum
- Location: Leeds
- Contact:
Re: Whos Next?
Why doesn everyone keep saying warnock hates Leeds?Genghers wrote: He hates Leeds almost as much as Bates. No way I would want him anywhere near our club.
I've never heard him say that, in fact the only things I've heard him say about us as a club have been fairly positive.
- Toby
- First Team

- Posts: 1735
- Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:25 pm
- Location: 3 Mins from ER
Re: Whos Next?
It's gonna be Bruce or Warnock.
Bruce has his son here, i think steve would snap at the chance to come here..
Warnock would get us promoted, he just know's how to do it.
Bruce has his son here, i think steve would snap at the chance to come here..
Warnock would get us promoted, he just know's how to do it.
- mchldavies7
- First Team

- Posts: 1222
- Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:37 pm
- Location: Mooching about..
Re: Whos Next?
Well whoever we get we wont get a say in it
"God will forgive them...he'll forgive them and allow them into heaven...i cant live with that"
- DallasWhite
- Reserve Player

- Posts: 263
- Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:09 pm
- Twitter: @LUFCTX
Re: Whos Next?
I can't stand Warnock, don't want him. I'd like to see Curbishley, not sure he would want to work with Batesscum though
Sent via The Pony Express
Sent via The Pony Express

-
Genghers
- Superstar

- Posts: 5801
- Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm
- Location: Newcastle
Re: Whos Next?
I'm pretty sure I've seen post game interviews with him where he's been pretty scathing.Shields53 wrote:Why does everyone keep saying warnock hates Leeds?
I've never heard him say that, in fact the only things I've heard him say about us as a club have been fairly positive.
I also just don't like the way he comes across, completely up himself and evidently out of his depth in the Premiership.
- GlennLUFC
- Reserve Player

- Posts: 476
- Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:28 am
- Location: Belfast.
- YorkshireSquare
- Administrator

- Posts: 15047
- Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
- Twitter: @motforum
- Location: Leeds
- Contact:
Re: Whos Next?
Really?GlennLUFC wrote:Walter Smith hands down.
I just remember him at Everton. I mean SPL is just League One isn't it?!
- Toby
- First Team

- Posts: 1735
- Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:25 pm
- Location: 3 Mins from ER
Re: Whos Next?
Some people saying it's gonna be Keith Hill..
It probably will aswell.. what an awful manager he is.
It probably will aswell.. what an awful manager he is.
-
Emsley
- Superstar

- Posts: 7373
- Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:51 am
- Location: Leeds.
Re: Whos Next?
Me.
Just got the call from Bates turned it down.
Just got the call from Bates turned it down.
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!
Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
- rand3ll
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 846
- Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:13 pm
- Location: Hartlepoolish
Re: Whos Next?
Paul Tisdale? Not having a great season this season but he's done an overall terrific job with Exeter, they play good football, he has a reputation for making money in the transfer market, and certainly won't cost much.
At 39 he could have a bright future in management.
Any thoughts?
At 39 he could have a bright future in management.
Any thoughts?
- becchio bear
- Superstar

- Posts: 19296
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
- Twitter: @Becchiobear
- Location: Bramley Leeds
Re: Whos Next?
Nah! Bates would never have gone for your free ice cream idea EmsEmsley wrote:Me.
Just got the call from Bates turned it down.
Feel sorry for Simon
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
-
revie-era
- First Team

- Posts: 1571
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:37 pm
Re: Whos Next?
Mentioned it before, and at 40/1 would be a good bet.
Ladies and gents , - Ole Gunner Solskjaer.
Put away all that Scum bias, there's no way we want Warnock, Davies or any of the other merry go round wasters. Can we spot the next Lambert/Mackay/Rogers?
And as for Keith Hill. We'll probly get him. Bates will give him a salary of £100 a week and he's walk here to get it.
Ladies and gents , - Ole Gunner Solskjaer.
Put away all that Scum bias, there's no way we want Warnock, Davies or any of the other merry go round wasters. Can we spot the next Lambert/Mackay/Rogers?
And as for Keith Hill. We'll probly get him. Bates will give him a salary of £100 a week and he's walk here to get it.
- GlennLUFC
- Reserve Player

- Posts: 476
- Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:28 am
- Location: Belfast.
Re: Whos Next?
the UEFA cup final in 2008, trophy after trophy.Shields53 wrote:
Really?
I just remember him at Everton. I mean SPL is just League One isn't it?!
SPL is just about as good as the championship.

Be just & fear not; Leeds United A.F.C.