Could You Ever Stop Supporting Leeds ?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Could You Ever Stop Supporting Leeds ?

Post by Twiggster »

Must admit - after over 50 years of all the "ups and downs", supporting our club - it would be wonderful to have a decent period of the "UPS" for once? :duno: I don't recognise the club I started supporting as a lad anymore. No more heroes or figureheads to count on. No LUFC pride or commitment from anyone representing the club anymore, at board or team level. :evil:
But after all the games I've attended over the years and meeting so many wonderful Leeds fans in person and sharing so many adventures at our games with them and more recently, on line contact with Leeds fans around the world - I doubt I could stop supporting Leeds even if I wanted to. Because of the FANS.

ON ON ON! :tup:
User avatar
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8966
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 am
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds
Location: Sunny Doncaster

Could You Ever Stop Supporting Leeds ?

Post by Dr.Leeds »

Silky wrote:
You're so cheery lately Doc... been a few weeks since you posted anything other than a short, angry sentence...

Hope all is well for you, mate...

I hope my posting the exact same thing over and over haunt contributed to your loss of patience :sing:
All is well Silky. I am a Leeds United supporter, and Leeds United FC is the greatest team football the world has ever seen.
Image
User avatar
PaulUSA
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2197
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:37 am
Location: Arlington, VA

Re: Could You Ever Stop Supporting Leeds ?

Post by PaulUSA »

HarryofOz wrote:Yes, very easily.
Treasonous talk from the model mod :shock:

I'm Leeds-specific in my fandom and so is Harry, appearances notwithstanding. :tup:
Helplessly hoping
joluafc4eva

Could You Ever Stop Supporting Leeds ?

Post by joluafc4eva »

HarryofOz wrote:Yes, very easily.
:shock: :shock:
Last edited by joluafc4eva on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 16442
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am

Re: Could You Ever Stop Supporting Leeds ?

Post by HarryofOz »

PaulUSA wrote: Treasonous talk from the model mod :shock:

I'm Leeds-specific in my fandom and so is Harry, appearances notwithstanding. :tup:
I've done it before. In the mid-80s I was sick of that second division crap so I started following Everton and went back to Leeds when we got promoted. This time I've stuck around for longer because I've found fellow fans on the Net but if we don't go up this season I'll be looking for a new team again. Probably Spurs this time but maybe Sunderland if O'Neill keeps them near the top.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
joluafc4eva

Re: Could You Ever Stop Supporting Leeds ?

Post by joluafc4eva »

HarryofOz wrote:
I've done it before. In the mid-80s I was sick of that second division crap so I started following Everton and went back to Leeds when we got promoted. This time I've stuck around for longer because I've found fellow fans on the Net but if we don't go up this season I'll be looking for a new team again. Probably Spurs this time but maybe Sunderland if O'Neill keeps them near the top.
Glory hunter - what not support scum then :evil:
User avatar
CardiffWhite
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1268
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:27 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Could You Ever Stop Supporting Leeds ?

Post by CardiffWhite »

HarryofOz wrote:
I've done it before. In the mid-80s I was sick of that second division crap so I started following Everton and went back to Leeds when we got promoted. This time I've stuck around for longer because I've found fellow fans on the Net but if we don't go up this season I'll be looking for a new team again. Probably Spurs this time but maybe Sunderland if O'Neill keeps them near the top.
:o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock:

Blimey Harry! From my point of view I'll always be a Leeds fan. I'd never ever support another team. The way I look at it is the more downs we have all the more glory when the ups arrive. :wink:
User avatar
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 16442
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am

Re: Could You Ever Stop Supporting Leeds ?

Post by HarryofOz »

joluafc4eva wrote: Glory hunter - what not support scum then :evil:
Because they are already at the top, so supporting them would be an immoral choice. I have to pick a team that's close to the top.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
User avatar
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 16442
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am

Re: Could You Ever Stop Supporting Leeds ?

Post by HarryofOz »

CardiffWhite wrote:
:o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock:

Blimey Harry! From my point of view I'll always be a Leeds fan. I'd never ever support another team. The way I look at it is the more downs we have all the more glory when the ups arrive. :wink:
Why waste your time with the downs - stick with the ups
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
User avatar
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 14815
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
Location: Lisburn, N.I

Re: Could You Ever Stop Supporting Leeds ?

Post by lufc1304 »

HarryofOz wrote:
I've done it before. In the mid-80s I was sick of that second division crap so I started following Everton and went back to Leeds when we got promoted. This time I've stuck around for longer because I've found fellow fans on the Net but if we don't go up this season I'll be looking for a new team again. Probably Spurs this time but maybe Sunderland if O'Neill keeps them near the top.
I'm still a virgin on this site, please, PLEASE tell me this is just your particularly warped sense of humour :shock:
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Could You Ever Stop Supporting Leeds ?

Post by Twiggster »

HarryofOz wrote:
I've done it before. In the mid-80s I was sick of that second division crap so I started following Everton and went back to Leeds when we got promoted. This time I've stuck around for longer because I've found fellow fans on the Net but if we don't go up this season I'll be looking for a new team again. Probably Spurs this time but maybe Sunderland if O'Neill keeps them near the top.
:roflmao: Image
User avatar
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 14815
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
Location: Lisburn, N.I

Re: Could You Ever Stop Supporting Leeds ?

Post by lufc1304 »

Twiggster wrote:
:roflmao: Image
Seems I may have swallowed the bait, hook line and sinker!!! :oops:
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Could You Ever Stop Supporting Leeds ?

Post by Twiggster »

lufc1304 wrote:
Seems I may have swallowed the bait, hook line and sinker!!! :oops:
Glub Glub.... :fish1: :fish2:
User avatar
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 16442
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am

Re: Could You Ever Stop Supporting Leeds ?

Post by HarryofOz »

lufc1304 wrote:
Seems I may have swallowed the bait, hook line and sinker!!! :oops:
Well you did ask if I was only kidding, so you must have suspected something.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
User avatar
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 14815
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
Location: Lisburn, N.I

Re: Could You Ever Stop Supporting Leeds ?

Post by lufc1304 »

HarryofOz wrote:
Well you did ask if I was only kidding, so you must have suspected something.
1-0, you got me :tup:
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7373
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:51 am
Location: Leeds.

Re: Could You Ever Stop Supporting Leeds ?

Post by Emsley »

Stopped supporting them for 67 minutes yesterday, didnt feel any worse for it, so went back to it.
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
User avatar
Obobby-bobby
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:50 am
Location: Left voluntary

Re: Could You Ever Stop Supporting Leeds ?

Post by Obobby-bobby »

Leeds United...just typing Lufc gives me a fuzzy feeling.I've supported Leeds for 25yrs now.I will never forget going to Elland Road in the nineties with Mick on here,we used to have a few pints in the 3 legs and the vine then catch the P2 down to the ground,the atmosphere,MOT sung all around the ground,what a f buzz.
I will never ever stop supporting Leeds,EVER.Its more of a bond really Lufc and me,something that will never be broken.

btw Mick what was that pub we went in closer to the P2's?
Armleywhite

Re: Could You Ever Stop Supporting Leeds ?

Post by Armleywhite »

Dr.Leeds wrote:Basically, if you can genuinely answer yes to this question get the flipp off the forum. You are not welcome here.
Twiggsters protégé coming along nicely it appears!
Armleywhite

Re: Could You Ever Stop Supporting Leeds ?

Post by Armleywhite »

In answer to the initial question... No. However, I do follow barca very closely, allus have, ever since I lived there for several years. So, if LUAFC went out of business i'd merely follow them instead.
User avatar
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8966
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 am
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds
Location: Sunny Doncaster

Could You Ever Stop Supporting Leeds ?

Post by Dr.Leeds »

Armleywhite wrote: Twiggsters protégé coming along nicely it appears!
Go. Boll. Ox.
Image
Post Reply