I don't think I am making excuses, I just don't think we can compare Becchio & Paynter. As for Becchio being rubbish this season, don't think any player can hold their heads high and say they have had a good season!!!1964white wrote:
Make al the excuses you like for Becchio Pat, he has been rubbish this season !
Btw most of teams above us have a better centre forward than we do on this season's performances
Leeds vs Posh
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- patlufc
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 872
- Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:09 pm
- Location: Armley
Re: Leeds vs Posh
EVERYTHINGLEEDS
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155176
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Leeds vs Posh
Your'e right therepatlufc wrote:
I don't think I am making excuses, I just don't think we can compare Becchio & Paynter. As for Becchio being rubbish this season, don't think any player can hold their heads high and say they have had a good season!!!
- YorkshireSquare
- Administrator

- Posts: 15035
- Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
- Twitter: @motforum
- Location: Leeds
- Contact:
Re: Leeds vs Posh
Paynter can hold the ball up better than Becchio, lets be fair Becchio's first touch is abysmal most of the time. Will be hard for Paynter to prove himself and gain himself a place in the squad, especially given how fond Warnock is of Becchio.
- YorkshireSquare
- Administrator

- Posts: 15035
- Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
- Twitter: @motforum
- Location: Leeds
- Contact:
Re: Leeds vs Posh
I think thats a little harsh on McCormack, out of favour last year, didn't get a look in. Got his chance this season and scored 19 (?) goals.patlufc wrote:
I don't think I am making excuses, I just don't think we can compare Becchio & Paynter. As for Becchio being rubbish this season, don't think any player can hold their heads high and say they have had a good season!!!
- Kepler
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 787
- Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:20 am
- Location: Copenhagen
Re: Leeds vs Posh
did we play a 4-4-2 today, or 4-2-3-1?
It is good to see NW try other players out today, and even if it did cost us a goal today, I hope he will give one or 2 more youngsters a game, for the srest of the season
It is good to see NW try other players out today, and even if it did cost us a goal today, I hope he will give one or 2 more youngsters a game, for the srest of the season

Winning doesn't really matter as longe as you win
- Vinnie Jones
-
Genghers
- Superstar

- Posts: 5801
- Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm
- Location: Newcastle
Re: Leeds vs Posh
Sounds like we were playing a more fluid formation, changing between 4-2-3-1 and 4-4-2. Nice to have that capability in the squad.Kepler wrote:did we play a 4-4-2 today, or 4-2-3-1?
It is good to see NW try other players out today, and even if it did cost us a goal today, I hope he will give one or 2 more youngsters a game, for the srest of the season
Sounded like Colin was going to play strong squads for the last 3 games, that one was his tester...
- patlufc
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 872
- Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:09 pm
- Location: Armley
Re: Leeds vs Posh
ok, maybe a bit harsh on McCormack, but you get the gist of my point?Shields53 wrote:
I think thats a little harsh on McCormack, out of favour last year, didn't get a look in. Got his chance this season and scored 19 (?) goals.
EVERYTHINGLEEDS
-
eastyorkshirewhite
- First Team

- Posts: 2054
- Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 10:47 am
Re: Leeds vs Posh
It would be totally unfair to not play strong sides for the rest of the season seeing that two of the games are against teams in play-off positions.
-
Drs.Dad
- Manager

- Posts: 3048
- Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:20 pm
Re: Leeds vs Posh
eastyorkshirewhite wrote:It would be totally unfair to not play strong sides for the rest of the season seeing that two of the games are against teams in play-off positions.
I can't even see the FL allowing a team of reserves and youngsters... after all we're not Scum United!

- Gino 1959
- Superstar

- Posts: 11810
- Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
- Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)
Re: Leeds vs Posh
One swallow doesn't make a summer and all that - and it is hard to tell from the highlights just how well Billy did (think most of us could have scored his goals), but it sounded on the radio like his general all round CF play was pretty good.
Ross playing off of him could be a possibility and - having watched Austin roar back into form recently for Burnley - may reuniting them be worth a go?
Just glad that the confidence came back and I hope we can finish the season on a high.
Ross playing off of him could be a possibility and - having watched Austin roar back into form recently for Burnley - may reuniting them be worth a go?
Just glad that the confidence came back and I hope we can finish the season on a high.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
-
Genghers
- Superstar

- Posts: 5801
- Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm
- Location: Newcastle
Re: Leeds vs Posh
Think we'll see more of Billy in these games, his all round effort yesterday seemed much better than Luci has been for weeks, and with a bit more confidence he might come good (finally!).Gino 1959 wrote:One swallow doesn't make a summer and all that - and it is hard to tell from the highlights just how well Billy did (think most of us could have scored his goals), but it sounded on the radio like his general all round CF play was pretty good.
Ross playing off of him could be a possibility and - having watched Austin roar back into form recently for Burnley - may reuniting them be worth a go?
Just glad that the confidence came back and I hope we can finish the season on a high.
I think one of the main problems we've had recently is Becchio being very cut off so that even when he does win balls, there's no one there to feed off them, but Ross and Billy seemed to link up a bit better yesterday for whatever reason wich can only be a good thing.
Hope Rogers injury isn't too bad, always interesting to see what new players can add and he's only played about 20 minutes with his two injuries!