Is this now the new music thread?Twiggster wrote:
I still have the original single by the Hollies!![]()
Quite like that Locomotive version tho.
Official TOMA (Take Over My Arse) thread
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
-
joluafc4eva
Re: Official TOMA (Take Over My Arse) thread
- hibbi86
- First Team

- Posts: 1367
- Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:56 pm
- Twitter: @Hibbi86
- Location: Wakefield / London
Re: Official TOMA (Take Over My Arse) thread
i would have to completly disagree with that statement, i dont think bates was the owner who went and spent money Leeds did not have on players that in the end left us relegated from the premier league and in 200+ million debt.markolufc wrote:He didn't save us from administration because he caused the administration.
Bates bought a debt ridden club that was dropping at an alarming rate, now we will never know if back then there were other potential buyers. what we do know is we are still Leeds because bates bought the club. If he hadnt have then who knows what may or may not have happened!
Forever and ever we shall follow are team, because we're Leeds United we rule supreme!
- Bakerjamessteven
- First Team

- Posts: 2461
- Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:49 pm
- Location: Rochester Kent
Official TOMA (Take Over My Arse) thread
Hi silkySilky wrote:
I'm not talking about Chelsea... I dont know [or care] what he did before Leeds.... I'm talking about the cold hard facts.
The club was bankrupt, now it's profitable.... and if he hands it over to a billionaire businessman and we continue to climb the ladder, how can anyone possible question what he achieved?
Well posted silky. Spot mate.
I'm not KB biggest fan. But we are a dam site better than we was. Back in those dark days
- Bakerjamessteven
- First Team

- Posts: 2461
- Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:49 pm
- Location: Rochester Kent
Official TOMA (Take Over My Arse) thread
I think u for get marko that LUFC has moved forwards over the last few years not backwards. Ok we didn't have great season but we play in the championship not L1 anymore . I call that moving forwardmarkolufc wrote:
The cold hard facts are that his strategy for Leeds United is exactly the same as it was for Chelsea, and that their attitudes towards him haven't changed because he left them in a crappy situation and their saviour was Roman Abrahmovic.
If a billionaire businessman buys the club and we START to climb the ladder (look at the current state we're in, we're not continuing anything), I will praise the billionaire businessman for having the stones to buy a business from bates and deal with the financial mess he's left behind. I will still think bates is a crook that held us back and achieved sweet FA once again just like with every other business he's ever been in charge of. Oh, except the millions he got by shafting hard working people. He deserves no praise. He didn't save us from administration because he caused the administration. His speciality is working with loopholes of insolvency to make money from assets. The magically written off £18 million on the condition that bates stays in charge... come on, common sense, please. Please use your common sense. It's just too freaking obvious. 2+2=4. Man who specialises in making money from insolvent company, puts a company into administration, owners then offer to write of half the debt on the condition that, guess who, the insolvency specialist remains in charge... not suspicious at all. Then money goes missing. Yes he's brilliant isn't he.
You cannot possibly say you're considering the cold hard facts if you're willing to dismiss that his business history suggests he is a man who has set up a financial labyrinth for the next owners to wade through while he sits on a beach somewhere counting money, having once again done something that benefits nobody but himself. Yes, lets all praise him on how many millions he's made. Look at all the good it's done.
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: Official TOMA (Take Over My Arse) thread
Erm, Baker Boy - what league were we in when bates took over?Bakerjamessteven wrote: I think u for get marko that LUFC has moved forwards over the last few years not backwards. Ok we didn't have great season but we play in the championship not L1 anymore . I call that moving forward
- hibbi86
- First Team

- Posts: 1367
- Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:56 pm
- Twitter: @Hibbi86
- Location: Wakefield / London
Re: Official TOMA (Take Over My Arse) thread
Erm, Baker Boy - what league were we in when bates took over?Twiggster wrote:
In life sometimes you have to take a step back to be able to go forward, progress can be measured in more ways than one, and in our case progress has been made in the clubs financial stability.
Forever and ever we shall follow are team, because we're Leeds United we rule supreme!
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: Official TOMA (Take Over My Arse) thread
In life sometimes you have to take a step back to be able to go forward, progress can be measured in more ways than one, and in our case progress has been made in the clubs financial stability.[/quote]hibbi86 wrote:
Erm, Baker Boy - what league were we in when bates took over?Hardly progress, it it?
THAT is very debatable....
If no money is injected into buying good players, we will be looking at crowds of 17K next season and relegation would mean most of our sponsors dropping out.
Last season was a total disaster on and off the pitch, so it WAS a step backward.
-
Armleywhite
Official TOMA (Take Over My Arse) thread
In life sometimes you have to take a step back to be able to go forward, progress can be measured in more ways than one, and in our case progress has been made in the clubs financial stability.[/quote]hibbi86 wrote:
Erm, Baker Boy - what league were we in when bates took over?Hardly progress, it it?
at the cost of the previous investors in the club. Not just money men but traders that provided a service to the club that bates fukced over to get the club and his bank balance stable. Still, the east stand is nice isn't it?
- Bakerjamessteven
- First Team

- Posts: 2461
- Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:49 pm
- Location: Rochester Kent
Official TOMA (Take Over My Arse) thread
THAT is very debatable....Twiggster wrote:
In life sometimes you have to take a step back to be able to go forward, progress can be measured in more ways than one, and in our case progress has been made in the clubs financial stability.
If no money is injected into buying good players, we will be looking at crowds of 17K next season and relegation would mean most of our sponsors dropping out.
Last season was a total disaster on and off the pitch, so it WAS a step backward.[/quote]
well Baker Boy thinks.....
If all absent LUFC fans stopped feeling sorry for them selfs and got there arse down to ER and supported our team, it will make our club stronger and give our club more cash to splash out on players. KB won't do it by him self.
So I Baker Boy call on all LUFC fans to get behind our club and get our arse to ER and yes I also didn't go to as many games has I normal do. But next season I have the faith and I have believe. Because I baker boy am a LUFC fan. Long live our wonderful beautiful club. MOT keep the faith and keep believing because we are Leeds. :-) MOT
- Swell Shark
- Youth Team

- Posts: 204
- Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:19 pm
- Location: London
Re: Official TOMA (Take Over My Arse) thread
Bakerjamessteven wrote:
THAT is very debatable....OFFICIALLY we don't own ER or TA, thus have no stable assets. The season ticket money has been used to fund anything but the squad - renewals are down and the club is apparently losing money....
![]()
If no money is injected into buying good players, we will be looking at crowds of 17K next season and relegation would mean most of our sponsors dropping out.
Last season was a total disaster on and off the pitch, so it WAS a step backward.
well Baker Boy thinks.....
If all absent LUFC fans stopped feeling sorry for them selfs and got there arse down to ER and supported our team, it will make our club stronger and give our club more cash to splash out on players. KB won't do it by him self.
So I Baker Boy call on all LUFC fans to get behind our club and get our arse to ER and yes I also didn't go to as many games has I normal do. But next season I have the faith and I have believe. Because I baker boy am a LUFC fan. Long live our wonderful beautiful club. MOT keep the faith and keep believing because we are Leeds. :-) MOT[/quote]
Well Said Baker Boy.
'Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapeños--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......'
- Swell Shark
- Youth Team

- Posts: 204
- Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:19 pm
- Location: London
Re: Official TOMA (Take Over My Arse) thread
I love all the banter flying around at the moment..
People thinking they know it all, people hearing things off their sisters other halfs dads mates uncle, people delving into the darkness of Twatter, and people swotting other people down for having an opinion even it its educated or not...
Nowt like have a bit of takeover talk to bring out the optimist / pesimist in people depending on what side of the fence you sit on...
I for one, am not a Bates lover like some of the people on this forum, but my thoughts are better the devil you know. Unfortunately during the ridsdale era some of our fans got used to the frugle spending and expect us to still do it, even when we havent got a pot to p!ss in. My thoughts reference the team are, give some of the youth a chance... Someone once said you'll never win things with kids.. look how that worked out.
My thoughts regarding the takeover are simple. If it happens, Happy days. Lets hope its some Oil rich magnate who doesnt really want to interfere in our wonderful club, but doesnt mind chipping in a couple of hundred £million buys it, otherwise, like I said, better the devil you know.
People thinking they know it all, people hearing things off their sisters other halfs dads mates uncle, people delving into the darkness of Twatter, and people swotting other people down for having an opinion even it its educated or not...
Nowt like have a bit of takeover talk to bring out the optimist / pesimist in people depending on what side of the fence you sit on...
I for one, am not a Bates lover like some of the people on this forum, but my thoughts are better the devil you know. Unfortunately during the ridsdale era some of our fans got used to the frugle spending and expect us to still do it, even when we havent got a pot to p!ss in. My thoughts reference the team are, give some of the youth a chance... Someone once said you'll never win things with kids.. look how that worked out.
My thoughts regarding the takeover are simple. If it happens, Happy days. Lets hope its some Oil rich magnate who doesnt really want to interfere in our wonderful club, but doesnt mind chipping in a couple of hundred £million buys it, otherwise, like I said, better the devil you know.
'Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapeños--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......'
- Bakerjamessteven
- First Team

- Posts: 2461
- Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:49 pm
- Location: Rochester Kent
Official TOMA (Take Over My Arse) thread
Swell Shark wrote:
well Baker Boy thinks.....
If all absent LUFC fans stopped feeling sorry for them selfs and got there arse down to ER and supported our team, it will make our club stronger and give our club more cash to splash out on players. KB won't do it by him self.
So I Baker Boy call on all LUFC fans to get behind our club and get our arse to ER and yes I also didn't go to as many games has I normal do. But next season I have the faith and I have believe. Because I baker boy am a LUFC fan. Long live our wonderful beautiful club. MOT keep the faith and keep believing because we are Leeds. :-) MOT
Well Said Baker Boy.
Hi swell shark
Thank you so much my friend
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: Official TOMA (Take Over My Arse) thread
The "devil we know", has taken us into the 3rd division for the first time EVER in our history.
He has spent money (not his own) to pay for ridiculous building projects, at the cost of us getting in decent players to get the club promoted.
He is using the next two season's season ticket money to pay off his debts, as the building projects have gone over budget.
He has taken advantage of Leeds fans' passion, by charging prem prices for 3rd and 2nd division football and then publicly abused the fans in the media and had the bare faced cheek to lie and blame those fans for an alleged "investment failure" last year.
I have no doubt that if I was able to go to games, I would still be going regularly. I too am a Leeds fan and have been for a lot longer than most posters on here and the vast majority of the fans who go to games these days. It's in my blood.
But you can stick your "devil you know" where the sun don't shine. This devil we know has only ever done his best for himself and NOT the club we all love. If you are happy with that as "going forwards" then god help the future of this club.
He has spent money (not his own) to pay for ridiculous building projects, at the cost of us getting in decent players to get the club promoted.
He is using the next two season's season ticket money to pay off his debts, as the building projects have gone over budget.
He has taken advantage of Leeds fans' passion, by charging prem prices for 3rd and 2nd division football and then publicly abused the fans in the media and had the bare faced cheek to lie and blame those fans for an alleged "investment failure" last year.
I have no doubt that if I was able to go to games, I would still be going regularly. I too am a Leeds fan and have been for a lot longer than most posters on here and the vast majority of the fans who go to games these days. It's in my blood.
But you can stick your "devil you know" where the sun don't shine. This devil we know has only ever done his best for himself and NOT the club we all love. If you are happy with that as "going forwards" then god help the future of this club.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79067
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Official TOMA (Take Over My Arse) thread
well that was a disastrous quoting period...
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- becchio bear
- Superstar

- Posts: 19296
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
- Twitter: @Becchiobear
- Location: Bramley Leeds
Re: Official TOMA (Take Over My Arse) thread
It was rather, and with me nowhere in sightfaaip wrote:well that was a disastrous quoting period...
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
- Gino 1959
- Superstar

- Posts: 11810
- Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
- Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)
Re: Official TOMA (Take Over My Arse) thread
One future generations of posters will look back upon with shame...faaip wrote:well that was a disastrous quoting period...
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
- leedsatlanta
- Youth Team

- Posts: 50
- Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:24 pm
Re: Official TOMA (Take Over My Arse) thread
This ! ! !Twiggster wrote:The "devil we know", has taken us into the 3rd division for the first time EVER in our history.
He has spent money (not his own) to pay for ridiculous building projects, at the cost of us getting in decent players to get the club promoted.
He is using the next two season's season ticket money to pay off his debts, as the building projects have gone over budget.
He has taken advantage of Leeds fans' passion, by charging prem prices for 3rd and 2nd division football and then publicly abused the fans in the media and had the bare faced cheek to lie and blame those fans for an alleged "investment failure" last year.
I have no doubt that if I was able to go to games, I would still be going regularly. I too am a Leeds fan and have been for a lot longer than most posters on here and the vast majority of the fans who go to games these days. It's in my blood.
But you can stick your "devil you know" where the sun don't shine. This devil we know has only ever done his best for himself and NOT the club we all love. If you are happy with that as "going forwards" then god help the future of this club.
It is amazing that all these facts are out in the open, but yet people choose to ignore them.
I wonder how many people would have renewed their season tickets this year, if they knew it was going to pay for building works and not go on the team. I cannot believe he has already accounted for 2013-2014 season ticket money to pay for the rest of the cream cladding!
- leedsatlanta
- Youth Team

- Posts: 50
- Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:24 pm
Re: Official TOMA (Take Over My Arse) thread
This ! ! !Twiggster wrote:The "devil we know", has taken us into the 3rd division for the first time EVER in our history.
He has spent money (not his own) to pay for ridiculous building projects, at the cost of us getting in decent players to get the club promoted.
He is using the next two season's season ticket money to pay off his debts, as the building projects have gone over budget.
He has taken advantage of Leeds fans' passion, by charging prem prices for 3rd and 2nd division football and then publicly abused the fans in the media and had the bare faced cheek to lie and blame those fans for an alleged "investment failure" last year.
I have no doubt that if I was able to go to games, I would still be going regularly. I too am a Leeds fan and have been for a lot longer than most posters on here and the vast majority of the fans who go to games these days. It's in my blood.
But you can stick your "devil you know" where the sun don't shine. This devil we know has only ever done his best for himself and NOT the club we all love. If you are happy with that as "going forwards" then god help the future of this club.
It is amazing that all these facts are out in the open, but yet people choose to ignore them.
I wonder how many people would have renewed their season tickets this year, if they knew it was going to pay for building works and not go on the team. I cannot believe he has already accounted for 2013-2014 season ticket money to pay for the rest of the cream cladding!
- Gino 1959
- Superstar

- Posts: 11810
- Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
- Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)
Re: Official TOMA (Take Over My Arse) thread
Although the last 2 words of your post make Ken sound sexy, you have to understand that some people are not prepared to "lose face" i.e. admit they are/were wrong about Bates and are content to keep peddling the same old tired lies in the midst of their self-delusion.leedsatlanta wrote:
This ! ! !![]()
It is amazing that all these facts are out in the open, but yet people choose to ignore them.
I wonder how many people would have renewed their season tickets this year, if they knew it was going to pay for building works and not go on the team. I cannot believe he has already accounted for 2013-2014 season ticket money to pay for the rest of the cream cladding!
I no longer engage in direct debate with these people for this reason. FFS Ken could stand up in court and say that he is a liar, a cheat, a shyster etc and they would still defend his record at ER.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
- Swell Shark
- Youth Team

- Posts: 204
- Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:19 pm
- Location: London
Re: Official TOMA (Take Over My Arse) thread
And you dont think the "devil" was having to deal with the Ridsdale legacy per chance?Twiggster wrote:The "devil we know", has taken us into the 3rd division for the first time EVER in our history.
He has spent money (not his own) to pay for ridiculous building projects, at the cost of us getting in decent players to get the club promoted.
He is using the next two season's season ticket money to pay off his debts, as the building projects have gone over budget.
He has taken advantage of Leeds fans' passion, by charging prem prices for 3rd and 2nd division football and then publicly abused the fans in the media and had the bare faced cheek to lie and blame those fans for an alleged "investment failure" last year.
I have no doubt that if I was able to go to games, I would still be going regularly. I too am a Leeds fan and have been for a lot longer than most posters on here and the vast majority of the fans who go to games these days. It's in my blood.
But you can stick your "devil you know" where the sun don't shine. This devil we know has only ever done his best for himself and NOT the club we all love. If you are happy with that as "going forwards" then god help the future of this club.
I for one am not a fan of Bates, as Ive previously stated. I dont like the fella one bit, I agree he is a schyster & a cheat, but he is getting this club on an even keel, and making us a more attractive proposition to sell. Why do you think he has mortgaged future season ticket sales on doing all the things you said? possibly in the hope that someone comes along and buys before he has to worry about it? At least he's not spending £100 million we havent got? do you reckon people would be happy about that a la Ridsdale? YOU probably would be, because we'd have all these great threads about sh!te players coming in for well over the odds again...
Better the devil you know was aimed at us getting a Ridsdale type character in, who puts us to the point of folding again. This is exactly why i said in my post its great people having their opinions (Educated or not) p!ssed on from a great height...
'Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapeños--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......'