Does anyone know owt about this, as I understand the date to end the 5 years is the 13th July?
5 years up soon
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
-
Drs.Dad
- Manager

- Posts: 3048
- Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:20 pm
5 years up soon
It has been mentioned recently that the new/old owners are waiting for the 5 year plan to be over before committing themselves to a purchase. I understand that if we were sold within 5 years from x date, the bods which Leeds United owed money to would get a good sum of it back.
Does anyone know owt about this, as I understand the date to end the 5 years is the 13th July?
Does anyone know owt about this, as I understand the date to end the 5 years is the 13th July?

- YorkshireSquare
- Administrator

- Posts: 15039
- Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
- Twitter: @motforum
- Location: Leeds
- Contact:
Re: 5 years up soon
As I understood this it was one of the clauses which was mentioned as part of brokering a deal with HMRC but was never put in place. The only cluase we have to deal with is the 10 year promotion clause.Drs.Dad wrote:It has been mentioned recently that the new/old owners are waiting for the 5 year plan to be over before committing themselves to a purchase. I understand that if we were sold within 5 years from x date, the bods which Leeds United owed money to would get a good sum of it back.
Does anyone know owt about this, as I understand the date to end the 5 years is the 13th July?
- billysboots
- First Team

- Posts: 1491
- Joined: Mon May 26, 2003 7:29 am
- Location: N.Ireland
Re: 5 years up soon
13th July is my lad's 8th birthday! We've got him a new Leeds home shirt, along with others things.
Would be nice if the new owners were in place by then.
Would be nice if the new owners were in place by then.
There Is Only One United.
- Gino 1959
- Superstar

- Posts: 11810
- Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
- Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)
Re: 5 years up soon
A Newry City away shirt perchance?billysboots wrote:13th July is my lad's 8th birthday! We've got him a new Leeds home shirt, along with others things.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
-
Drs.Dad
- Manager

- Posts: 3048
- Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:20 pm
Re: 5 years up soon
Shields53 wrote:
As I understood this it was one of the clauses which was mentioned as part of brokering a deal with HMRC but was never put in place. The only cluase we have to deal with is the 10 year promotion clause.
I have seen it on another forum that this is in fact a 5 year period after Bates purchased the club from the administrator under the FSF umbrella, which was on 11th July 2007. Unsecured creditors lose any rights to compensation after 5 years apparently. I still dunno whether it's true or not, but could give a guide towards completion.

- Dr.Leeds
- Superstar

- Posts: 8966
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 am
- Twitter: @DoctorLeeds
- Location: Sunny Doncaster
5 years up soon
Svend had provided documentary evidence on Twitter that this is not the case.Drs.Dad wrote:
I have seen it on another forum that this is in fact a 5 year period after Bates purchased the club from the administrator under the FSF umbrella, which was on 11th July 2007. Unsecured creditors lose any rights to compensation after 5 years apparently. I still dunno whether it's true or not, but could give a guide towards completion.
Apparently the only clause we face is that we would have to pay in the region of £4.2 million to creditors if we were promoted to the Premiership within 10 years of coming out of admin (I.e. July 2017) This would be small beer compared to what we would receive on promotion and would not be a barrier to aiming for that promotion.

- billysboots
- First Team

- Posts: 1491
- Joined: Mon May 26, 2003 7:29 am
- Location: N.Ireland
Re: 5 years up soon
No, not leaning that way yetGino 1959 wrote: A Newry City away shirt perchance?
There Is Only One United.
- Gino 1959
- Superstar

- Posts: 11810
- Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
- Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)
Re: 5 years up soon
lol - get him down the road to Warrenpoint for an up-and-coming team :mrgreen:billysboots wrote: No, not leaning that way yet(Another team with money troubles).
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
- YorkshireSquare
- Administrator

- Posts: 15039
- Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
- Twitter: @motforum
- Location: Leeds
- Contact:
Re: 5 years up soon
It's not true, I've already told you that.Drs.Dad wrote:
I have seen it on another forum that this is in fact a 5 year period after Bates purchased the club from the administrator under the FSF umbrella, which was on 11th July 2007. Unsecured creditors lose any rights to compensation after 5 years apparently. I still dunno whether it's true or not, but could give a guide towards completion.
- Gino 1959
- Superstar

- Posts: 11810
- Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
- Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)
Re: 5 years up soon
It's his age - you may have to tell him LOUDER :mrgreen:Shields53 wrote:
It's not true, I've already told you that.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
-
Drs.Dad
- Manager

- Posts: 3048
- Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:20 pm
Re: 5 years up soon
Gino 1959 wrote: It's his age - you may have to tell him LOUDER :mrgreen:
Ehhhh? Yer what???

- Gino 1959
- Superstar

- Posts: 11810
- Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
- Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)
Re: 5 years up soon
Drs.Dad wrote:
Ehhhh? Yer what???
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
-
Drs.Dad
- Manager

- Posts: 3048
- Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:20 pm
Re: 5 years up soon
Gino 1959 wrote:you really are an endearing old codger, aren't you!
What'd you say, sonny?????

- Gino 1959
- Superstar

- Posts: 11810
- Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
- Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)
Re: 5 years up soon
Would you like another son :luv:Drs.Dad wrote:
What'd you say, sonny?????
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
-
Drs.Dad
- Manager

- Posts: 3048
- Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:20 pm
Re: 5 years up soon
Gino 1959 wrote: Would you like another son :luv:
My lads won't let me, summat about killing me if I tried to water down their inheritance!

-
mav
- First Team

- Posts: 2340
- Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm
Re: 5 years up soon
except of coarse, Bates "bought" the club more recently than that didn't he!
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
-
mattj13
- Youth Team

- Posts: 92
- Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:41 pm
- Location: Pontefract
Re: 5 years up soon
I always wondered why the ownership was layered up like it was. Didn't Bates buy FSF, which own Leeds City Holdings (Sp?), which owns Leeds United FC Ltd?mav wrote:except of coarse, Bates "bought" the club more recently than that didn't he!
If the clause was in the Leeds United FC Ltd. business, then it wouldn't cover Leeds City Holdings or FSF changing hands?
Confused myself now.
-
mav
- First Team

- Posts: 2340
- Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm
Re: 5 years up soon
Yes, unless it was written by an idiot.mattj13 wrote:
I always wondered why the ownership was layered up like it was. Didn't Bates buy FSF, which own Leeds City Holdings (Sp?), which owns Leeds United FC Ltd?
If the clause was in the Leeds United FC Ltd. business, then it wouldn't cover Leeds City Holdings or FSF changing hands?
Confused myself now.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
- YorkshireSquare
- Administrator

- Posts: 15039
- Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
- Twitter: @motforum
- Location: Leeds
- Contact:
Re: 5 years up soon
I think it's supposed to confuse you.mattj13 wrote:
I always wondered why the ownership was layered up like it was. Didn't Bates buy FSF, which own Leeds City Holdings (Sp?), which owns Leeds United FC Ltd?
If the clause was in the Leeds United FC Ltd. business, then it wouldn't cover Leeds City Holdings or FSF changing hands?
Confused myself now.
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Re: 5 years up soon
It's not quite as simple as Bates owning Leeds.
Leeds United Football Club Limited is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Leeds City Holdings.
Leeds City Holdings has 5 shareholders:
Ken Bates owns Outro.
Here's a handy picture
Leeds United Football Club Limited is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Leeds City Holdings.
Leeds City Holdings has 5 shareholders:
- Forward Sports Fund (FSF), incorporated in Nevis, West Indies hold 72.85% of the shares.
Outram ventures, registered in Tortola, British Virgin Isles own 7.70%
Donald Manasse, a Monaco lawyer, owns 7.15%
Homer Trust, registered at Chateau Fiduciaire, Geneva, own 7.15%
Halton Sports Limited, location unknown, own 5.15%
Ken Bates owns Outro.
Here's a handy picture
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.