Do you believe in take over?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
USA LEE
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:00 am
Location: Chicago USA

Do you believe in take over?

Post by USA LEE »

Clayton wouldn't be sold if we were, in the middle of take over.Smoke and mirrors
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Do you believe in take over?

Post by Twiggster »

USA LEE wrote:Clayton wouldn't be sold if we were, in the middle of take over.Smoke and mirrors
What a stupid comment? Warnock didn't want him. Grayson did. Clayton wanted to move. End of :roll: Eff all to to with the T/O which IS ongoing. Calm down FFS. :duno:
USA LEE
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:00 am
Location: Chicago USA

Re: Do you believe in take over?

Post by USA LEE »

Twiggy what rattled your cage. All I mentioned we sell and sign a few freebies. Hmmm irons in the fire Ken. I don't mine Clayton going if we upgrade . If you didn't know season starts next month.
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7373
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:51 am
Location: Leeds.

Re: Do you believe in take over?

Post by Emsley »

If we have sold a player that means the takeover is signed.
transfer embargo is lifted... so...
where is the cash?
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
User avatar
Gurj
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2755
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 am
Location: Birmingham

Re: Do you believe in take over?

Post by Gurj »

I agree with USA Lee.....its not so much about Clayton but the fact that we appear have to sell players to get others in ?
For example, It seems like we cant get Kenny until Lonegan is sold.......Surely a club on the verge of a serious cash injection wouldnt have to do this ? Something just isnt adding up here.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
User avatar
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 15029
Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
Twitter: @motforum
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Do you believe in take over?

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Emsley wrote:If we have sold a player that means the takeover is signed.
transfer embargo is lifted... so...
where is the cash?
What transfer embargo?
joluafc4eva

Re: Do you believe in take over?

Post by joluafc4eva »

As Twiggs said, Clayton was not in Warnocks plans and Grayson wanted him so as Clayton said himself - he wasnt going to stay where he wasnt wanted.

I thought Paddy Kennys move was gonna be finalised this week after the player had come back off a weeks holiday he was having. Didnt think it had anything to do with the money we get for Lonegan.
Chester
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 274
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Do you believe in take over?

Post by Chester »

I've been told it's not going to be a takeover, only an investment . Ken still wants to be chairman.
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Do you believe in take over?

Post by becchio bear »

Chester wrote:I've been told it's not going to be a takeover, only an investment . Ken still wants to be chairman.
Told by who? :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Chester
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 274
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Do you believe in take over?

Post by Chester »

Everyone seems to have someone who is ' In the Know '. It seems all these ITK contacts have a different story to tell. I'm just passing you on information from my ITK contact. I hope he's incorrect...
User avatar
CardiffWhite
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1268
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:27 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Do you believe in take over?

Post by CardiffWhite »

Chester wrote:Everyone seems to have someone who is ' In the Know '. It seems all these ITK contacts have a different story to tell. I'm just passing you on information from my ITK contact. I hope he's incorrect...
I don't think any 'source' or anyone 'in the know' has actually been right yet. But if enough people pop-up and eventually cover every possibility, at least someone will be able to say I told you so.
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Do you believe in take over?

Post by becchio bear »

CardiffWhite wrote:
I don't think any 'source' or anyone 'in the know' has actually been right yet. But if enough people pop-up and eventually cover every possibility, at least someone will be able to say I told you so.
A sensible post. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
User avatar
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 15029
Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
Twitter: @motforum
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Do you believe in take over?

Post by YorkshireSquare »

becchio bear wrote:
A sensible post. :bear:
Right thats it! I'm closing the thread and banning him. Can't be having 'sensible posts'.
User avatar
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 10635
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
Twitter: @MartynStead
Location: and Momentum both uncertain

Re: Do you believe in take over?

Post by Martyn »

Yes, I believe in the takeover.

Anybody who has been involved in a business takeover knows that due diligence takes a long time even when the company being bought has been totally above board.

Add in the complications caused by being owned via a string of off-shore companies, other companies that "have no connection with Mr Bates" yet are mysteriously generous enough to write off £18 Million as long as he is chairman, plus his history of the last 50 years of involvement in extremely dodgy deals and due diligence was never going to be straightforward.

The silence from bates speaks volumes.

This is real, it is happening.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
User avatar
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 15029
Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
Twitter: @motforum
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Do you believe in take over?

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Guildford White wrote:The silence from bates speaks volumes.

This is real, it is happening.
I think that is the key point!
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78986
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Do you believe in take over?

Post by The Subhuman »

Guildford White wrote:Yes, I believe in the takeover.

Anybody who has been involved in a business takeover knows that due diligence takes a long time even when the company being bought has been totally above board.

Add in the complications caused by being owned via a string of off-shore companies, other companies that "have no connection with Mr Bates" yet are mysteriously generous enough to write off £18 Million as long as he is chairman, plus his history of the last 50 years of involvement in extremely dodgy deals and due diligence was never going to be straightforward.

The silence from bates speaks volumes.

This is real, it is happening.
Just because a company goes through the process of due diligence doesn't mean they then are guaranteed to buy?..do I have that right? They have an exclusivity to purchase, I think, but can decide to buy or not to buy depending on what they find during the aforementioned process. We're told there maybe another buyer prepared to go through the same process if the current intended purchasers pull out. This process could easily take us well into the new season and maybe come to naught in the end.

This (I figure) is why NW is proceeding in the transfer market in this way..We still have to operate as a football club and we're still playing by Ken's rules...fingers crossed this gets done soon otherwise we could be treading water for the first half of the season
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 10635
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
Twitter: @MartynStead
Location: and Momentum both uncertain

Re: Do you believe in take over?

Post by Martyn »

faaip wrote:
Just because a company goes through the process of due diligence doesn't mean they then are guaranteed to buy?..do I have that right? They have an exclusivity to purchase, I think, but can decide to buy or not to buy depending on what they find during the aforementioned process. We're told there maybe another buyer prepared to go through the same process if the current intended purchasers pull out. This process could easily take us well into the new season and maybe come to naught in the end.

This (I figure) is why NW is proceeding in the transfer market in this way..We still have to operate as a football club and we're still playing by Ken's rules...fingers crossed this gets done soon otherwise we could be treading water for the first half of the season
Absolutely right. If, during due diligence, they find anything untoward they can pull out.

Thing is, to be granted a period of exclusivity you have to pay for the privilege, so whoever the mystery buyers are, they are serious, not tyre-kickers.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19690
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: Do you believe in take over?

Post by weasel »

Emsley wrote:If we have sold a player that means the takeover is signed.
transfer embargo is lifted... so...
where is the cash?
The takeover doesn't affect players being sold at all (unless the new potential owners said specifically they wanted player x to be kept). Regardless of the outcome of the takeover selling Clayton benefits the club as NW doesn't want him. IF the takeover fall through we'd sell him, if the takeover has been completed we'd sell him. Different about buying cos KB isn't going to spend money on a player cos then it would be out of his budget if the takeover fell through. Likely though that NW will be allowed to spend the Clayton money.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
USA LEE
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:00 am
Location: Chicago USA

Re: Do you believe in take over?

Post by USA LEE »

We always seem eager to sell players. Where's the upgrade to Clayton - maybe Barton - Ambrose ?. The biggest challenge if there is a takeover, I hope he or her have the passion for the club.Bring back prem football to Leeds.
Looking at today s squad. Mid table.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78986
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Do you believe in take over?

Post by The Subhuman »

USA LEE wrote:We always seem eager to sell players. Where's the upgrade to Clayton - maybe Barton - Ambrose ?. The biggest challenge if there is a takeover, I hope he or her have the passion for the club.Bring back prem football to Leeds.
Looking at today s squad. Mid table.

Green
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
Post Reply