Any team that can field a mix of prem and big money buys in it's back 5 does not have a crap squad. As the goals against pop in at the rate of 2 and 3 a game in most league games and all around me say nowt's changed, we still can't defend, the last thing on my mind is a siege. Why, only last week we were over run by a Bolton side so poor they have since sacked their manager. Against Blackpool we were as outplayed as any lufc team i have seen. Other teams seem to cope quite nicely with a team some on here declared the finest in the league. Siege is just an imaginary state of mind. What we actually have is a team doing ok (points gathering) but playing safety first football. That excites you, fair enough. I feel entitled to expect something better. I visit ER for a number of reasons. Entertainment would be one of them.Vausey wrote:
The whole "we've got a crap squad but we're going to battle our way through these trying times" mentality.
Whereas with Grayson, whom I had a lot of time for make no mistake, sort of whimpered and made signings like Nunez, Grella and Rogers... not exactly the type of players I'd want in my corner when the going got tough.
Dirty Leeds
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
-
white.riot
Re: Dirty Leeds
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155177
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Dirty Leeds
Entertainment value was top notch under Larrywhite.riot wrote:
Entertainment would be one of them.
- Bakerjamessteven
- First Team

- Posts: 2461
- Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:49 pm
- Location: Rochester Kent
Dirty Leeds
Who cares about a dirty Leeds squad, dirty women is what I prefer :-):-):-) lol:-):-)
-
white.riot
Re: Dirty Leeds
But, thankfully, never 7. Larry's side often played scintillating football. Colin's just play dead. Larry'GD as good as Colin's anall. Aye we are living in truly bleak times. I could spit.1964white wrote:
Ente
rtainment value was top notch under Larryas poor opposition regularly knocked in 3, 4, 5 & 6's past us
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155177
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Dirty Leeds
Blackburn in the 2nd half when we battered them which included McCormacks scintillating finish, Oxford & Everton in the cup were very good...Austin's goal & rocket of a shot that almost broke the crossbar were a joy to watch...White's goal v the Toffees....Diouf's intelligent play & flicks are a delight....young Sam Byram has been immense....Pearce is the best No.5 that has played at ER in a long time....Paddy is the best No.1 we've seen for a long time...Becchio has scored 11 goals even though he hasn't played that well this season....unbeaten v three of the relegated prem teams, beat a Forest team that had'nt lost this season...three clean sheets.... A manager who has nous & knows what he is doing...Need i say more !white.riot wrote:
But, thankfully, never 7. Larry's side often played scintillating football. Colin's just play dead. Larry'GD as good as Colin's anall. Aye we are living in truly bleak times. I could spit.
Now do tell me about last season's fiasco before you gob in my eye
- Vausey
- Youth Team

- Posts: 62
- Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:53 pm
- Location: Pontefract
Re: Dirty Leeds
Even if the stats don't explicitly suggest it right now - if you can't see an improvement from what we were last season then I guess we're never going to see eye to eye on this matter.
Leeds Fans - You are the reason I got up yesterday. The reason I got up today and the reason I will get up tomorrow
MOT
MOT
-
white.riot
Re: Dirty Leeds
I discount the cup - we played poor sides early doors and Colin let the lads have their heads against Everton who totally underestimated the task. Our best [only decent - as in both halves] performance. Goals from Penalties and dead ball situations are seldom great. We are not scoring from open play - Becchio has 3 pens, how many goals has he in the league other than those three. We are on the edge of the play offs playing unambitious football. Last year we were up and down but played some great attacking stuff at times and were on the edge of the play offs. Still, facts don't seem to matter. We say things are better so they must be better. Have we played well [not attractively - just well] in two halves in any other game than Everton? I can't think of one. And I'm suspicious about Rovers - I know we were blown away but recovered. The only league game I've missed at home in 5 years and it's become El Classico. I smell a rat on that one.1964white wrote:
Blackburn in the 2nd half when we battered them which included McCormacks scintillating finish, Oxford & Everton in the cup were very good...Austin's goal & rocket of a shot that almost broke the crossbar were a joy to watch...White's goal v the Toffees....Diouf's intelligent play & flicks are a delight....young Sam Byram has been immense....Pearce is the best No.5 that has played at ER in a long time....Paddy is the best No.1 we've seen for a long time...Becchio has scored 11 goals even though he hasn't played that well this season....unbeaten v three of the relegated prem teams, beat a Forest team that had'nt lost this season...three clean sheets.... A manager who has nous & knows what he is doing...Need i say more !
Now do tell me about last season's fiasco before you gob in my eye
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155177
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Dirty Leeds
Poor sides early doorswhite.riot wrote:
I discount the cup - we played poor sides early doors and Colin let the lads have their heads against Everton who totally underestimated the task. Our best [only decent - as in both halves] performance. Goals from Penalties and dead ball situations are seldom great. We are not scoring from open play - Becchio has 3 pens, how many goals has he in the league other than those three. We are on the edge of the play offs playing unambitious football. Last year we were up and down but played some great attacking stuff at times and were on the edge of the play offs. Still, facts don't seem to matter. We say things are better so they must be better. Have we played well [not attractively - just well] in two halves in any other game than Everton? I can't think of one. And I'm suspicious about Rovers - I know we were blown away but recovered. The only league game I've missed at home in 5 years and it's become El Classico. I smell a rat on that one.
Last edited by 1964white on Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155177
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Dirty Leeds
Riot thought we were decent last season when quite honestly we were rubbishVausey wrote:Even if the stats don't explicitly suggest it right now - if you can't see an improvement from what we were last season then I guess we're never going to see eye to eye on this matter.
Bring on the Owls
- Vausey
- Youth Team

- Posts: 62
- Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:53 pm
- Location: Pontefract
Re: Dirty Leeds
I have never enjoyed a season less than I did last season. I really mean that. It was tragic from start to finish.
Leeds Fans - You are the reason I got up yesterday. The reason I got up today and the reason I will get up tomorrow
MOT
MOT
-
white.riot
Re: Dirty Leeds
So, for clarity, have we actually played well for 90 minutes this season in the league - we certainly haven't at ER.1964white wrote:
Poor sides early doors![]()
Cardiff (top), Wolves (2nd) Blackpool who were flying, also Hull were on a run & both are around the top six
as for smelling a rat re-Rovers game those who were there will tell you we played exceptionally well in the 2nd half, had it not been for a couple of dodgy refereeing decisions 3 points would have been in the bag...that's football as we rode our luck with dodgy pens v Bolton !
And, just because I'm interested, would you like to see goals scored from open play? With one exception -the penalty v Bolton which most on here will have missed, I can't remember a single game this year where our players break the line and dare to run ahead of the man with the ball. Most of the time we are over run, we defend, we send it to Diouf who potters around looking like an ex Prem player who's grateful that everything is so much slower in the Championship before he eventually does something and the whole thing starts again. Only Byram moves around the pitch with intent as far as I can see.
- Vausey
- Youth Team

- Posts: 62
- Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:53 pm
- Location: Pontefract
Re: Dirty Leeds
white.riot wrote:
So, for clarity, have we actually played well for 90 minutes this season in the league - we certainly haven't at ER.
And, just because I'm interested, would you like to see goals scored from open play? With one exception -the penalty v Bolton which most on here will have missed, I can't remember a single game this year where our players break the line and dare to run ahead of the man with the ball. Most of the time we are over run, we defend, we send it to Diouf who potters around looking like an ex Prem player who's grateful that everything is so much slower in the Championship before he eventually does something and the whole thing starts again. Only Byram moves around the pitch with intent as far as I can see.
Under Simon Grayson we were simply abject. Aside from Forest away last season, who were the poorest team I've seen at this level, we didn't have one stand-out performance. We weren't playing football and were, more often than not, getting played off the park.
If trying and failing to play football entertained you more than combative football which, so far, is picking up points then we'll have to agree to disagree.
Leeds Fans - You are the reason I got up yesterday. The reason I got up today and the reason I will get up tomorrow
MOT
MOT
-
white.riot
Re: Dirty Leeds
Explain to me how we were still in the promotion hunt when Larry was sacked?Vausey wrote:
Under Simon Grayson we were simply abject. Aside from Forest away last season, who were the poorest team I've seen at this level, we didn't have one stand-out performance. We weren't playing football and were, more often than not, getting played off the park.
If trying and failing to play football entertained you more than combative football which, so far, is picking up points then we'll have to agree to disagree.
I think a number of posters choose to ignore the facts - for Larry it's any fact which was good and for Colin it's any fact which is poor. I don't see combative football. I see a team regularly over run in midfield and bereft of alternatives to the Tarbet option. Combative teams do not concede goals like our current side. Thankfully we kept a clean sheet v Barnsley and thankfully we scored from a penalty that never was. Warnock looks to be a lucky manager and that can take you a long way. But combative/attractive/imaginative/exciting. The word is probably effective although we'll only know that at seasons end.
- Wolfetoneleeds
- Manager

- Posts: 2580
- Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:17 pm
- Location: Leeds
Dirty Leeds
Am not sure riot... Look at other games this season Bristol. We played well there.. Everton... Ok I'll put that down to a prem team and the players stepped up to the plate !!white.riot wrote:
Explain to me how we were still in the promotion hunt when Larry was sacked?
I think a number of posters choose to ignore the facts - for Larry it's any fact which was good and for Colin it's any fact which is poor. I don't see combative football. I see a team regularly over run in midfield and bereft of alternatives to the Tarbet option. Combative teams do not concede goals like our current side. Thankfully we kept a clean sheet v Barnsley and thankfully we scored from a penalty that never was. Warnock looks to be a lucky manager and that can take you a long way. But combative/attractive/imaginative/exciting. The word is probably effective although we'll only know that at seasons end.
Blackburn.. We didn't have a bad game....
Wolves and forest... Forest we played some great football....lets not overlook these games were tbh we played not bad at all...
I won't include Oxford and so on
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155177
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Dirty Leeds
Worst ever for me in all my 50 years of supporting Leeds United.....how anyone can say we are worst or even compare the current squad to that bunch of losers is beyond me....made me miserable tbh...shocking seasonVausey wrote:I have never enjoyed a season less than I did last season. I really mean that. It was tragic from start to finish.
-
white.riot
Re: Dirty Leeds
1964white wrote:
Worst ever for me in all my 50 years of supporting Leeds United.....how anyone can say we are worst or even compare the current squad to that bunch of losers is beyond me....made me miserable tbh...shocking season
But they weren't losers, that's the point. They were always in and around the play offs. What was bad last year was the atmosphere and that was a self inflicted wound brought about by the fans. That's why I have no time for LUST. They may not have organised the Bates Out stuff on the terraces but they did nothing to stop it. They did not lead they followed and lost any sympathy I may have had for them as a result. We were in the play off shake down until Colin arrived and destroyed us. The last 4 months was dire. That 4 month was about warnock who cost us dear.
-
white.riot
Re: Dirty Leeds
Wolfetoneleeds wrote: Am not sure riot... Look at other games this season Bristol. We played well there.. Everton... Ok I'll put that down to a prem team and the players stepped up to the plate !!
Blackburn.. We didn't have a bad game....
Wolves and forest... Forest we played some great football....lets not overlook these games were tbh we played not bad at all...
I won't include Oxford and so on
First half we caught a demoted Wolves flat footed - second half they should have won the game. We were outplayed [said it at the time]. I'm pleased that we win games but Barnsley/Bolton/Hull/Blackpool - they all played better football than us. I can't believe our aspirations stretch no further than grinding out results. But they do and it's all a bit sad imo.
- Wolfetoneleeds
- Manager

- Posts: 2580
- Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:17 pm
- Location: Leeds
Dirty Leeds
Yes these games we were p1ss poor no doubt!!!white.riot wrote:
First half we caught a demoted Wolves flat footed - second half they should have won the game. We were outplayed [said it at the time]. I'm pleased that we win games but Barnsley/Bolton/Hull/Blackpool - they all played better football than us. I can't believe our aspirations stretch no further than grinding out results. But they do and it's all a bit sad imo.
I just hope with the games we played well!!!
It's just the team still gelling together... I do think towards the back end of the season we will be right on top of our game!!!!
I do get you... It p1ssed me off when we lost against Blackpool and people were saying "we'll it's Blackpool and there promotion contenders" ad think well were Leeds and the biggest club in this league!!!!
Boy I do feel there's only one way Leeds are going right now... And that's up
-
Emsley
- Superstar

- Posts: 7373
- Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:51 am
- Location: Leeds.
Re: Dirty Leeds
I could do with a dirty hoe this weekend. :mrgreen:Bakerjamessteven wrote:Who cares about a dirty Leeds squad, dirty women is what I prefer :-):-):-) lol:-):-)
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!
Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
- Wolfetoneleeds
- Manager

- Posts: 2580
- Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:17 pm
- Location: Leeds
Dirty Leeds
Take our lass please!!!!Emsley wrote:
I could do with a dirty hoe this weekend. :mrgreen: