New signings imminent : who's coming in folks?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
NewZealandLuFc
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 2:51 pm
Location: Lincolnshire , Lincoln

Re: New signings imminent : who's coming in folks?

Post by NewZealandLuFc »

Cyrus Christie 20years old RB looks like he is going to be some player plays for Coventry Snatch him up ASAP
User avatar
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 16442
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am

Re: New signings imminent : who's coming in folks?

Post by HarryofOz »

At the rate that GFH work, I'm looking foward to signing Messi's son in 2028
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3048
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:20 pm

Re: New signings imminent : who's coming in folks?

Post by Drs.Dad »

NewZealandLuFc wrote:Cyrus Christie 20years old RB looks like he is going to be some player plays for Coventry Snatch him up ASAP

Who the hell are Coventry Snatch? Sounds more like a Ladies team!
:twisted:
Image
User avatar
joelufc20
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2099
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:35 pm
Location: Lincoln UK

Re: New signings imminent : who's coming in folks?

Post by joelufc20 »

we need a tall centreback, 2 wingers a playmaker and a pacy forward. id like to see one of the following Wes hoolahan, adam lallana or peter whittingham come to the club.
REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND



[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
User avatar
yeboOAAAH
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:33 pm

Re: New signings imminent : who's coming in folks?

Post by yeboOAAAH »

I'd love to see Ian Westlake back. :-D
User avatar
Gurj
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2755
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 am
Location: Birmingham

Re: New signings imminent : who's coming in folks?

Post by Gurj »

joelufc20 wrote:we need a tall centreback, 2 wingers a playmaker and a pacy forward. id like to see one of the following Wes hoolahan, adam lallana or peter whittingham come to the club.
I think we have to retain some sense of realism despite this takeover finally occurring today.

Why is Wes Hoolahan going to leave Norwich who are now doing well in the premiership to come to us lying 18th in the championship ?

Despite the ' small injection ' of cash today, I think good premiership players will literally remain out of our league.

I can't see GFH spending crazy cash - I don't think they have it even if they wanted to.
So we will have to be happy with a couple of decent loan additions 2moro hopefully.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
User avatar
dezzy
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4249
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 5:46 pm
Location: Cork Ireland

Re: New signings imminent : who's coming in folks?

Post by dezzy »

Gurj wrote:
I think we have to retain some sense of realism despite this takeover finally occurring today.

Why is Wes Hoolahan going to leave Norwich who are now doing well in the premiership to come to us lying 18th in the championship ?

Despite the ' small injection ' of cash today, I think good premiership players will literally remain out of our league.

I can't see GFH spending crazy cash - I don't think they have it even if they wanted to.
So we will have to be happy with a couple of decent loan additions 2moro hopefully.
Well said, the players that Hull got in over the past few weeks are what we should be aiming for, fringe squad players for the bigger teams
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
revie-era
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1571
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:37 pm

Re: New signings imminent : who's coming in folks?

Post by revie-era »

First signing should be a new manager
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2119
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:32 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia.

Re: New signings imminent : who's coming in folks?

Post by Kyle_5351 »

A box to box creative midfielder, decent striker and I would be happy.
User avatar
Jason123
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1342
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:22 am

Re: New signings imminent : who's coming in folks?

Post by Jason123 »

Alan Tate is the name going round

Shotton is not going anywhere as injuries are at Stoke
Jerome aint coming as Owen is not fit
Hill and SWP could be names we are interested in
Graham could be an out of the box name!


Cant see much activity today folks
Image
User avatar
Gurj
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2755
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 am
Location: Birmingham

Re: New signings imminent : who's coming in folks?

Post by Gurj »

I think we will have 2 signings today....Kilgallon being one.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
User avatar
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 14814
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
Location: Lisburn, N.I

Re: New signings imminent : who's coming in folks?

Post by lufc1304 »

Gurj wrote:I think we will have 2 signings today....Kilgallon being one.
At the expense of who Gurj, Pearce or Lees? I personally think young Tom could do with a rest, but I know there are some on here who don't rate Pearce. I think Pearce/Kilgallon would be a solid partnership but is there any foundation to what you're saying, or is it merely your own wish list?
Jason123 wrote:Alan Tate is the name going round
As in the guy from Swansea? Isn't he older than Methusula and injury-prone? Oh right, yeah, sorry, he's JUST the sort of player Warnock likes!! :roll: :wink:
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: New signings imminent : who's coming in folks?

Post by becchio bear »

Warnock was after Kilgallon and we were turned down according to Yorkie radio this morning. That was before the take over and injection of funds so he may have another go for him :duno: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
User avatar
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 14814
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
Location: Lisburn, N.I

Re: New signings imminent : who's coming in folks?

Post by lufc1304 »

becchio bear wrote:Warnock was after Kilgallon and we were turned down according to Yorkie radio this morning. That was before the take over and injection of funds so he may have another go for him :duno: :bear:
Where is he currently, BB?
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: New signings imminent : who's coming in folks?

Post by becchio bear »

lufc1304 wrote:
Where is he currently, BB?
I have no idea Nick, apparently we were after 3 who all turned us down (or their clubs did) and Eddie Gray seemed confident we would be renewing our pursuit. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
User avatar
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 10635
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
Twitter: @MartynStead
Location: and Momentum both uncertain

Re: New signings imminent : who's coming in folks?

Post by Martyn »

lufc1304 wrote:
Where is he currently, BB?
Currently at Sunderland but hasn't been in the first team for a couple of years.

12 games on loan at Doncaster last season.

Cannot possibly be match fit
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
gessa

Re: New signings imminent : who's coming in folks?

Post by gessa »

Guildford White wrote:


Cannot possibly be match fit
Sounds like he fits the bill perfectly...........
User avatar
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 14814
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
Location: Lisburn, N.I

Re: New signings imminent : who's coming in folks?

Post by lufc1304 »

gessa wrote:
Sounds like he fits the bill perfectly...........
Ba-doom, tish! :lol:

Joking aside, surely the very least yesterday's news offers is an end to bargain basement/has-beens/crocks shopping :?:
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
gessa

Re: New signings imminent : who's coming in folks?

Post by gessa »

lufc1304 wrote:
Ba-doom, tish! :lol:

Joking aside, surely the very least yesterday's news offers is an end to bargain basement/has-beens/crocks shopping :?:
The thing for me is, I'm not sure these new guys are overflowing with money, so really not sure what they will spend.
Secondly, the type of player you quote, does NW go for anything different, even with some money.

My biggest gripe is with Warnock only being here until May,so there is no way as a new owner would I give him any more than I had to, just to try and steady the ship.In all honesty I would get rid of Warnock now and find a forward thinking man and give him the money that's available.
mav
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2340
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: New signings imminent : who's coming in folks?

Post by mav »

as we only have a short time to get a loan in (I think? do loan windows shut soon?) Downing is one I would go for, we need quality not quantity.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
Post Reply