New signings imminent : who's coming in folks?
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
-
NewZealandLuFc
- Youth Team

- Posts: 92
- Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 2:51 pm
- Location: Lincolnshire , Lincoln
Re: New signings imminent : who's coming in folks?
Cyrus Christie 20years old RB looks like he is going to be some player plays for Coventry Snatch him up ASAP
- HarryofOz
- Superstar

- Posts: 16442
- Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
Re: New signings imminent : who's coming in folks?
At the rate that GFH work, I'm looking foward to signing Messi's son in 2028
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
-
Drs.Dad
- Manager

- Posts: 3048
- Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:20 pm
Re: New signings imminent : who's coming in folks?
NewZealandLuFc wrote:Cyrus Christie 20years old RB looks like he is going to be some player plays for Coventry Snatch him up ASAP
Who the hell are Coventry Snatch? Sounds more like a Ladies team!

- joelufc20
- First Team

- Posts: 2099
- Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:35 pm
- Location: Lincoln UK
Re: New signings imminent : who's coming in folks?
we need a tall centreback, 2 wingers a playmaker and a pacy forward. id like to see one of the following Wes hoolahan, adam lallana or peter whittingham come to the club.
REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND
[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
- yeboOAAAH
- Youth Team

- Posts: 155
- Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:33 pm
Re: New signings imminent : who's coming in folks?
I'd love to see Ian Westlake back.
- Gurj
- Manager

- Posts: 2755
- Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 am
- Location: Birmingham
Re: New signings imminent : who's coming in folks?
I think we have to retain some sense of realism despite this takeover finally occurring today.joelufc20 wrote:we need a tall centreback, 2 wingers a playmaker and a pacy forward. id like to see one of the following Wes hoolahan, adam lallana or peter whittingham come to the club.
Why is Wes Hoolahan going to leave Norwich who are now doing well in the premiership to come to us lying 18th in the championship ?
Despite the ' small injection ' of cash today, I think good premiership players will literally remain out of our league.
I can't see GFH spending crazy cash - I don't think they have it even if they wanted to.
So we will have to be happy with a couple of decent loan additions 2moro hopefully.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
- dezzy
- Manager

- Posts: 4249
- Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 5:46 pm
- Location: Cork Ireland
Re: New signings imminent : who's coming in folks?
Well said, the players that Hull got in over the past few weeks are what we should be aiming for, fringe squad players for the bigger teamsGurj wrote:
I think we have to retain some sense of realism despite this takeover finally occurring today.
Why is Wes Hoolahan going to leave Norwich who are now doing well in the premiership to come to us lying 18th in the championship ?
Despite the ' small injection ' of cash today, I think good premiership players will literally remain out of our league.
I can't see GFH spending crazy cash - I don't think they have it even if they wanted to.
So we will have to be happy with a couple of decent loan additions 2moro hopefully.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
-
revie-era
- First Team

- Posts: 1571
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:37 pm
Re: New signings imminent : who's coming in folks?
First signing should be a new manager
-
Kyle_5351
- First Team

- Posts: 2119
- Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:32 am
- Location: Brisbane, Australia.
Re: New signings imminent : who's coming in folks?
A box to box creative midfielder, decent striker and I would be happy.
- Jason123
- First Team

- Posts: 1342
- Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:22 am
Re: New signings imminent : who's coming in folks?
Alan Tate is the name going round
Shotton is not going anywhere as injuries are at Stoke
Jerome aint coming as Owen is not fit
Hill and SWP could be names we are interested in
Graham could be an out of the box name!
Cant see much activity today folks
Shotton is not going anywhere as injuries are at Stoke
Jerome aint coming as Owen is not fit
Hill and SWP could be names we are interested in
Graham could be an out of the box name!
Cant see much activity today folks

- Gurj
- Manager

- Posts: 2755
- Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 am
- Location: Birmingham
Re: New signings imminent : who's coming in folks?
I think we will have 2 signings today....Kilgallon being one.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
- lufc1304
- Superstar

- Posts: 14813
- Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
- Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
- Location: Lisburn, N.I
Re: New signings imminent : who's coming in folks?
At the expense of who Gurj, Pearce or Lees? I personally think young Tom could do with a rest, but I know there are some on here who don't rate Pearce. I think Pearce/Kilgallon would be a solid partnership but is there any foundation to what you're saying, or is it merely your own wish list?Gurj wrote:I think we will have 2 signings today....Kilgallon being one.
As in the guy from Swansea? Isn't he older than Methusula and injury-prone? Oh right, yeah, sorry, he's JUST the sort of player Warnock likes!!Jason123 wrote:Alan Tate is the name going round
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
- becchio bear
- Superstar

- Posts: 19296
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
- Twitter: @Becchiobear
- Location: Bramley Leeds
Re: New signings imminent : who's coming in folks?
Warnock was after Kilgallon and we were turned down according to Yorkie radio this morning. That was before the take over and injection of funds so he may have another go for him
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
- lufc1304
- Superstar

- Posts: 14813
- Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
- Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
- Location: Lisburn, N.I
Re: New signings imminent : who's coming in folks?
Where is he currently, BB?becchio bear wrote:Warnock was after Kilgallon and we were turned down according to Yorkie radio this morning. That was before the take over and injection of funds so he may have another go for him![]()
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
- becchio bear
- Superstar

- Posts: 19296
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
- Twitter: @Becchiobear
- Location: Bramley Leeds
Re: New signings imminent : who's coming in folks?
I have no idea Nick, apparently we were after 3 who all turned us down (or their clubs did) and Eddie Gray seemed confident we would be renewing our pursuit.lufc1304 wrote:
Where is he currently, BB?
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Re: New signings imminent : who's coming in folks?
Currently at Sunderland but hasn't been in the first team for a couple of years.lufc1304 wrote:
Where is he currently, BB?
12 games on loan at Doncaster last season.
Cannot possibly be match fit
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
-
gessa
Re: New signings imminent : who's coming in folks?
Sounds like he fits the bill perfectly...........Guildford White wrote:
Cannot possibly be match fit
- lufc1304
- Superstar

- Posts: 14813
- Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
- Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
- Location: Lisburn, N.I
Re: New signings imminent : who's coming in folks?
Ba-doom, tish!gessa wrote:
Sounds like he fits the bill perfectly...........
Joking aside, surely the very least yesterday's news offers is an end to bargain basement/has-beens/crocks shopping
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
-
gessa
Re: New signings imminent : who's coming in folks?
The thing for me is, I'm not sure these new guys are overflowing with money, so really not sure what they will spend.lufc1304 wrote:
Ba-doom, tish!![]()
Joking aside, surely the very least yesterday's news offers is an end to bargain basement/has-beens/crocks shopping
Secondly, the type of player you quote, does NW go for anything different, even with some money.
My biggest gripe is with Warnock only being here until May,so there is no way as a new owner would I give him any more than I had to, just to try and steady the ship.In all honesty I would get rid of Warnock now and find a forward thinking man and give him the money that's available.
-
mav
- First Team

- Posts: 2340
- Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm
Re: New signings imminent : who's coming in folks?
as we only have a short time to get a loan in (I think? do loan windows shut soon?) Downing is one I would go for, we need quality not quantity.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.