Leeds united club presidency

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Leeds united club presidency

Post by Twiggster »

CSA wrote:
'Fans' wishing he would Die slowly of cancer, inexcusable insults to his wife etc etc yeah i see your point.
Perhaps I lead a sheltered life, but I have never seen (or made) any such comments :duno:
markolufc
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1079
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 2:22 am

Re: Leeds united club presidency

Post by markolufc »

I've looked long and hard into the last 8 years.

While he may not have thrown pots of money (money we didn't have) at the team, he threw pots of money (money we didn't have) at unnecessary stadium developments. He threw money we didn't have at launching loss making radio stations just to stick middle fingers up at the BBC. He threw money at libel cases that he had no hope of winning that were his fault, not the clubs, yet the club had to pay for it.

He's thrown around plenty of money we didn't have. Just because he didn't throw it at the team, doesn't mean he's been sensible with the money.

We're now in quite a large amount of debt for all those harping on about how he made us "debt free". £5 million season ticket sales, £4 million preference shares, £1.5 million on a mortgage and whatever else we don't know about. I don't buy into conspiracy theories, but this man has a history of dodgy dealings and shifting money around in dodgy ways to screw people over. All I've seen is his usual behaviour on the outside, which suggests nothing changed on the inside and we've been the victims of it.

All I've seen is poor decision after poor decision. He deserves every bit of stick he gets and deserves no association with our club.
Image
User avatar
Crude
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5674
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
Location: 'Merica

Re: Leeds united club presidency

Post by Crude »

faaip wrote:

I'm happy for him to be president, he's earned it and it's a position of little power and he has a wealth of experience...Something I'm not sure GFH has.
Don't think the wealth of experience that Bates has is something we should be cheering about.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
User avatar
yeboOAAAH
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:33 pm

Re: Leeds united club presidency

Post by yeboOAAAH »

CSA wrote:
How did he spend years holding us back, do you have inside information ? not a lover of of Kenny myself, seems to me (my opinion) just because he didn't throw endless pots of money at the team, (money we didn't have) he is a hate figure.Fact, when he came to the club we had crippling debts and were hemorrhaging money at an alarming rate he stopped all the freeloaders and cut costs( maybe some are upset because their own personal scams ended, ie adults gaining entry on child tickets etc etc) he began to run the club like a business and not some fantasy plaything like Liesdale (remember him ! if you are looking for blame maybe cast some his way, lived the dream my arse,) reap what you sow maybe nearer the truth !! TBH it makes me f**king sick at the amount of grief he does get, because i do not think he deserves all of it, but dont tell that to the baying 'bully boys' or you get pigeonholed as a f**kwit, apologist, and worse.
People need analyse and look long and hard at the last eight years, OK mistakes were made, but i don't believe the conspiracy theories not one bit, White Riot if you are out there, you talked a lot of sense pal you really did :tup:
:tup: I agree with that completely. My personal hate hasn't come in regards to how he's run out club... I think he's fixed quite a few crushing matters not to mention the already mentioned dire bank books left by Ridsdale. I happen to just hate him on account of the bollocks he comes out with in his MDP's in regards to disabled fans shouldn't be complaining as they get carers in free of charge, not to mention we're all morons..
User avatar
CSA
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2392
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:46 pm
Location: South Leeds.

Re: Leeds united club presidency

Post by CSA »

yeboOAAAH wrote:


:tup: I agree with that completely. My personal hate hasn't come in regards to how he's run out club... I think he's fixed quite a few crushing matters not to mention the already mentioned dire bank books left by Ridsdale. I happen to just hate him on account of the bollocks he comes out with in his MDP's in regards to disabled fans shouldn't be complaining as they get carers in free of charge, not to mention we're all morons..
He comes across as not being a very nice person indeed,and granted some of the things he says/does are well out of order but the problem is you ask anyone who is close to him 'what is he really like' if they did happen to say he was an all round good chap they would just get put down as 'Bates apologists' etc etc. TBF i think the 'morons' remark evolved from the first protests last year, when in all honesty i walked through the protesters outside the West Stand, and some (emphasis on the some) of the chanting was a disgrace.
Image
markolufc
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1079
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 2:22 am

Re: Leeds united club presidency

Post by markolufc »

That's his fault for doing a terrible job of running our club.
Image
User avatar
CSA
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2392
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:46 pm
Location: South Leeds.

Re: Leeds united club presidency

Post by CSA »

markolufc wrote:That's his fault for doing a terrible job of running our club.
What being told to die slowly of cancer, grow up
Image
markolufc
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1079
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 2:22 am

Re: Leeds united club presidency

Post by markolufc »

CSA wrote:
What being told to die slowly of cancer, grow up
If you'd seen how many people he's f***ed over in his life, and I mean seriously f***ed over, not just made one of our luxuries a bit crapper, then you'd see he deserves any abuse he gets. It's not like someone actually GAVE him cancer.
Image
User avatar
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2580
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:17 pm
Location: Leeds

Leeds united club presidency

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

markolufc wrote:
If you'd seen how many people he's f***ed over in his life, and I mean seriously f***ed over, not just made one of our luxuries a bit crapper, then you'd see he deserves any abuse he gets. It's not like someone actually GAVE him cancer.
Orite mate I think you are taking it a bit to far with bates?!
Yes he was a w@nker and we wanted rid of him!! But he was not evil or a murderer etc to justice them threats!! Listen he was looking out for number 1 and right now it is looking like we haven't done to bad out of it!!! Yes it could of come sooner!!! But patience is a virtue as my first girlfriend said to me!!!
He derserves a little bit of credit for this!! And yes I'll say it "he did save us""
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Leeds united club presidency

Post by Twiggster »

markolufc wrote:
If you'd seen how many people he's f***ed over in his life, and I mean seriously f***ed over, not just made one of our luxuries a bit crapper, then you'd see he deserves any abuse he gets. It's not like someone actually GAVE him cancer.
This. Ask anyone who he fekked over in the Irish bank scam. He has destroyed peoples lives outside of LUFC and to have that piece of verminous crap as our president is spitting on the good and gracious name of the Harwood Family, let alone our club.
A disgusting decision as I have told the new owners, via email.
HOPEFULLY they will "do a Roman" and fekk the cockney scumbag off as soon as this season has ended. If not sooner.
User avatar
CSA
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2392
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:46 pm
Location: South Leeds.

Re: Leeds united club presidency

Post by CSA »

Twiggster wrote:
This. Ask anyone who he fekked over in the Irish bank scam. He has destroyed peoples lives outside of LUFC and to have that piece of verminous crap as our president is spitting on the good and gracious name of the Harwood Family, let alone our club.
A disgusting decision as I have told the new owners, via email.
HOPEFULLY they will "do a Roman" and fekk the cockney scumbag off as soon as this season has ended. If not sooner.
OK I think i know where you stand, TBH I thought a lot better of you than this but hey ho each to his own, BTW before you go all sanctimonious i really don't think lady Harewood gives a flying F**K about being president of LUFC, and i do believe the new owners would have taken her wishes into consideration before coming to the decision they did, and BTW your email was embarrassing.
Image
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Leeds united club presidency

Post by Twiggster »

CSA wrote:
OK I think i know where you stand, TBH I thought a lot better of you than this but hey ho each to his own, BTW before you go all sanctimonious i really don't think lady Harewood gives a flying F**K about being president of LUFC, and i do believe the new owners would have taken her wishes into consideration before coming to the decision they did, and BTW your email was embarrassing.
I doubt she had any idea about this situation from her replies to my questions when I called the good lady. You haven't spoken with her.
The current owners clearly have no idea about the former presidency or what it entails, from their replies to my emails, which you haven't read.
Finally. You "thought a lot better of me" about what, exactly? That I would back an ill informed new owners' agreement to oust an established and well loved Leeds United patronage and replace it with a shitstain like bates, because he has made it part of the T/O agreement? :roll:

IF you are on a W.R style fishing wind up here, OK - I bit.
I just happen to RESPECT the patronage and tradition the Harewoods have given to our club and find it a complete insult to their name and the name of our club, that a cockney spiv with his blackened history should take over that role.
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14632
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: Leeds united club presidency

Post by hector »

Just out of interest Twiggs..
When you wrote to our new owners, was it as a private Leeds fan, or as Il Padrone of MOT?
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
markolufc
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1079
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 2:22 am

Re: Leeds united club presidency

Post by markolufc »

Wolfetoneleeds wrote: Orite mate I think you are taking it a bit to far with bates?!
Yes he was a w@nker and we wanted rid of him!! But he was not evil or a murderer etc to justice them threats!! Listen he was looking out for number 1 and right now it is looking like we haven't done to bad out of it!!! Yes it could of come sooner!!! But patience is a virtue as my first girlfriend said to me!!!
He derserves a little bit of credit for this!! And yes I'll say it "he did save us""
I'm not talking about anything he's done for Leeds United. The man has ruined plenty of lives. If it weren't for some pretty hardcore protesting and intervention from the British Government he'd have ejected thousands of people from their homes on the British Virgin Islands in order to build some fancy hotels. There's looking out for number one, then there's screwing over everybody because you literally don't give a crap about anything other than money and yourself.

If you think a man of this calibre deserves to have anything to do with our club or with anything British at all, then more fool you.
Image
User avatar
CSA
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2392
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:46 pm
Location: South Leeds.

Re: Leeds united club presidency

Post by CSA »

Twiggster wrote:
I doubt she had any idea about this situation from her replies to my questions when I called the good lady. You haven't spoken with her.
The current owners clearly have no idea about the former presidency or what it entails, from their replies to my emails, which you haven't read.
Finally. You "thought a lot better of me" about what, exactly? That I would back an ill informed new owners' agreement to oust an established and well loved Leeds United patronage and replace it with a shitstain like bates, because he has made it part of the T/O agreement? :roll:

IF you are on a W.R style fishing wind up here, OK - I bit.
I just happen to RESPECT the patronage and tradition the Harewoods have given to our club and find it a complete insult to their name and the name of our club, that a cockney spiv with his blackened history should take over that role.
Not a wind up mate, not at all, I just find it hard to believe Lady Harewood is slightly bothered about being usurped from her honorary title as President, and I do honestly believe she would have been consulted, if it comes to light that she hasn't then i will be the first one to admit i was wrong.
The inference is that you 'see no wrong' in the despicable cancer jibes aimed at Bates by the moronic minority.
Image
markolufc
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1079
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 2:22 am

Re: Leeds united club presidency

Post by markolufc »

CSA wrote:
Not a wind up mate, not at all, I just find it hard to believe Lady Harewood is slightly bothered about being usurped from her honorary title as President, and I do honestly believe she would have been consulted, if it comes to light that she hasn't then i will be the first one to admit i was wrong.
The inference is that you 'see no wrong' in the despicable cancer jibes aimed at Bates by the moronic minority.
There is definitely something wrong with it, but he asks for that kind of abuse by screwing people over at every opportunity. I have no sympathy for him is basically what I'm saying.
Image
User avatar
CSA
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2392
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:46 pm
Location: South Leeds.

Re: Leeds united club presidency

Post by CSA »

markolufc wrote:
There is definitely something wrong with it, but he asks for that kind of abuse by screwing people over at every opportunity. I have no sympathy for him is basically what I'm saying.
OK will agree to disagree, but I think I am the one who is still a member of a civilised society
Image
User avatar
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1948
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:32 pm

Re: Leeds united club presidency

Post by theleedsmango »

If Batesy has no financial stake in the club, surely its good all round?

He ran the club as a good business to make himself money. He knows how to keep the ship steady, and believe him or not, he's claimed he's worked hard to find the best investors to sustain the club. His experience in running football clubs will be key for the club moving forward.

Then you take GFH who supposedly are backed by a wealthy investor. If this is true, they'll want to get Leeds into the Premiership as quickly as possible so they can get money, the investor's money will go into the team to achieve that. We don't have much assets in terms of players to sell to make a fortune, so they are more likely to see the long term goal of getting in to the Prem.

But, importantly, we aren't going to be a rich man's play thing who knows little about football as a sport or business. This is an extremely attractive business strategy as a fan. We've all said we'd probably be close to the premiership if we didn't have to get rid of Beckford, Snodgrass, Johnson or Howson. We've been making good footballers inhouse for a while, now the club is in a position to harvest them instead of selling them on.

Good times ahead.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
User avatar
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8966
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 am
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds
Location: Sunny Doncaster

Leeds united club presidency

Post by Dr.Leeds »

Bates is the best club president since the Wilko era ;-)
Image
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3048
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:20 pm

Re: Leeds united club presidency

Post by Drs.Dad »

I see in today's programme that Lady Harewood is refered to as the 'Patron' of Leeds United, not the President.
Wot's that all about?
:shock:
Image
Locked