January Transfer Window!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
Leeds_Fan_Jed

January Transfer Window!

Post by Leeds_Fan_Jed »

Do you think Leeds should be happy with there current squad and just tie down some of our loanees to permanant transfers or should we be looking to invest further??

For me regarding the loanees I'm happy with all of them, especially tate and thomas. I'm not so keen on tongue in moving forward but he's done a decent job so far and I don't have any problems in us signing him.


Obviously what leeds need most is a left back, as peltier really is quite poor in that position. I think we need more pace up front and someone who could pull the strings in midfield and pass the ball around. Sign the loanees up two.
Who to buy?

I would say - Beckford or Gradel upfront £3-5m

Central Midfield - A.Faurlin (£2-3m)

Left back - Lee wallace (£1-2m)

So that's £6-£10m + 1-1.5m for loanees and leed's would have a riiiiiight chance of goin up! :)
User avatar
Gurj
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2755
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 am
Location: Birmingham

Re: January Transfer Window!

Post by Gurj »

I dont see us spending anywhere close to that if I am honest........I think 2 players at a total cost of £3 or £4m max.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
Leeds_Fan_Jed

Re: January Transfer Window!

Post by Leeds_Fan_Jed »

Just for fun if leeds did sign those players this would be my 1st choice leeds line up:


GK Kenny
LB Wallace
CD Tate
CD Lees
RB Byram
LM Thomas
CM Faurlin
CM Austin
RM Diouf
CF Becchio
CF Gradel


Subs:
Ashdown
Pierce
white
Norris
Green
Hall
Mccormack
Leeds_Fan_Jed

Re: January Transfer Window!

Post by Leeds_Fan_Jed »

Gurj wrote:I dont see us spending anywhere close to that if I am honest........I think 2 players at a total cost of £3 or £4m max.
Your probably right mate but you never know, maybe what I said will be more a kin to next summer.
mav
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2340
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: January Transfer Window!

Post by mav »

I would be far happier with Tate on loan till the end of the season than beyond that, he has been good but everyone has a BBE date.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79013
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: January Transfer Window!

Post by The Subhuman »

we need a left back and a striker at the very least. extend Tate's loan if poss (not worth buying)
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11810
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: January Transfer Window!

Post by Gino 1959 »

Would love Charlie Mulgrew in our team, but I cannot see him leaving a side in the last 16 of the CL. As for upfront, another Charlie would do for me (the Burnley one, in case anyone is scratching their heads).
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
User avatar
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2580
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:17 pm
Location: Leeds

January Transfer Window!

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

Leeds_Fan_Jed wrote:Just for fun if leeds did sign those players this would be my 1st choice leeds line up:


GK Kenny
LB Wallace
CD Tate
CD Lees
RB Byram
LM Thomas
CM Faurlin
CM Austin
RM Diouf
CF Becchio
CF Gradel


Subs:
Ashdown
Pierce
white
Norris
Green
Hall
Mccormack
One more decent impact sub on top of that... Jed you tosser ;)
Leeds_Fan_Jed

Re: January Transfer Window!

Post by Leeds_Fan_Jed »

Wolfetoneleeds wrote: One more decent impact sub on top of that... Jed you tosser ;)


I don't know what's worse, that childish little comment or the fact the mods haven't banned you??
Last edited by Leeds_Fan_Jed on Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2580
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:17 pm
Location: Leeds

January Transfer Window!

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

Leeds_Fan_Jed wrote:

Are you some sort of retard?

I don't know what's worse, that childish little comment or the fact the mods haven't banned you??
Jed calm down.... Said That because of the spat we had on here... When I called you a tosser....
That's why I put a wink at this end of it... C'mon fella!!!
markolufc
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1079
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 2:22 am

Re: January Transfer Window!

Post by markolufc »

Leeds_Fan_Jed wrote:Just for fun if leeds did sign those players this would be my 1st choice leeds line up:


GK Kenny
LB Wallace
CD Tate
CD Lees
RB Byram
LM Thomas
CM Faurlin
CM Austin
RM Diouf
CF Becchio
CF Gradel


Subs:
Ashdown
Pierce
white
Norris
Green
Hall
Mccormack
Would be better with Gradel at right wing swapping with Thomas and Diouf up front. Somma on the bench instead of White. Don't really know what White can do for us now, seems to offer less and less the more I see of him.

Other than that, solid. We'd have one hell of a bench.
Image
User avatar
Crude
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5674
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
Location: 'Merica

Re: January Transfer Window!

Post by Crude »

Gentleman, decorum please. :yell:
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
User avatar
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2580
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:17 pm
Location: Leeds

January Transfer Window!

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

:duno:
User avatar
dezzy
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4249
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 5:46 pm
Location: Cork Ireland

Re: January Transfer Window!

Post by dezzy »

Chris Wood from WBA looks to be surplus, on loan at Millwall which ends soon, would also like to see Meyler from Sunderland, loan ended to Hull last night, both young with experience and have done well in the Championship
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11810
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: January Transfer Window!

Post by Gino 1959 »

dezzy wrote:Chris Wood from WBA looks to be surplus, on loan at Millwall which ends soon
Good call, although afaik WBA have told Millwall AND Brighton* that he will cost £1.5m.

*CMS on his way to ER?
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
User avatar
CardiffWhite
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1268
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:27 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: January Transfer Window!

Post by CardiffWhite »

Gino 1959 wrote:Would love Charlie Mulgrew in our team, but I cannot see him leaving a side in the last 16 of the CL. As for upfront, another Charlie would do for me (the Burnley one, in case anyone is scratching their heads).
The stiker we should have signed from Swindon - Austin would be a great signing, but I wonder how much Burnley would want for him?
User avatar
mchldavies7
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1222
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:37 pm
Location: Mooching about..

Re: January Transfer Window!

Post by mchldavies7 »

No change outta 4m for Austin I suspect..missed the boat on that one I feel, CMS not much less either :|
"God will forgive them...he'll forgive them and allow them into heaven...i cant live with that"
User avatar
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8966
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 am
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds
Location: Sunny Doncaster

January Transfer Window!

Post by Dr.Leeds »

mchldavies7 wrote:No change outta 4m for Austin I suspect..missed the boat on that one I feel, CMS not much less either :|
If Rhodes went for 8million Austin will go for at least 6 unless his contract is waning.
Image
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2119
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:32 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia.

Re: January Transfer Window!

Post by Kyle_5351 »

Not bothered about a front man tbh.

Becchio, Ross and Diouf are more than good enough. Would rather spend the resources on a decent box to box midfielder and obviously a LB.

See if we can get Tate and Thomas until the end of the season. Need to get Tonge on loan as well (or even buy him if the price was right).
Leeds_Fan_Jed

Re: January Transfer Window!

Post by Leeds_Fan_Jed »

mchldavies7 wrote:No change outta 4m for Austin I suspect..missed the boat on that one I feel, CMS not much less either :|

The player we really missed out on was Ricky Lambert when he was at Bristol Rovers :(
Post Reply