Palace v Leeds (being streamed). Team/Reports/Ratings
-
Charity Shield 69
- Youth Team

- Posts: 229
- Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:57 pm
Re: Palace v Leeds (being streamed). Team/Reports/Ratings
Enjoyed watching on live TV - solid competitive effort by Leeds with a few moments of classier play and plenty of significant contributions from across the starting Xl.
Both our goals really well taken - hopefully the becoming-maligned #9 has won over a few of the harsh critics.
Scoring with both feet as well as showing some creative touches indicates some potential.
How many matches since a Leeds player scored a brace or better?
Hopefully now the recent encouraging performances will be converted to 6 points when we take on beatable teams this coming week.
I can't say that I am all that confident of it happening as we don't appear to cope as well when the result expectations are high.
Cheers,
CS69
Both our goals really well taken - hopefully the becoming-maligned #9 has won over a few of the harsh critics.
Scoring with both feet as well as showing some creative touches indicates some potential.
How many matches since a Leeds player scored a brace or better?
Hopefully now the recent encouraging performances will be converted to 6 points when we take on beatable teams this coming week.
I can't say that I am all that confident of it happening as we don't appear to cope as well when the result expectations are high.
Cheers,
CS69
Cheers,
CS69
CS69
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155168
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Palace v Leeds (being streamed). Team/Reports/Ratings
Varney was very fortunate not to receive three yellow cards....great run & pass from Army to set up Morison's first goal.
Two sweet finishes from Steve Morison....i believe he has scored from three of his four chances now
Hope you were watching his technique Ross !
Two sweet finishes from Steve Morison....i believe he has scored from three of his four chances now
Hope you were watching his technique Ross !
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155168
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Palace v Leeds (being streamed). Team/Reports/Ratings
Welcome back CS69Charity Shield 69 wrote:Enjoyed watching on live TV - solid competitive effort by Leeds with a few moments of classier play and plenty of significant contributions from across the starting Xl.
Both our goals really well taken - hopefully the becoming-maligned #9 has won over a few of the harsh critics.
Scoring with both feet as well as showing some creative touches indicates some potential.
How many matches since a Leeds player scored a brace or better?
Hopefully now the recent encouraging performances will be converted to 6 points when we take on beatable teams this coming week.
I can't say that I am all that confident of it happening as we don't appear to cope as well when the result expectations are high.
Cheers,
CS69
Yes Morison has been harshly judged by some which all relates to Becchio's departure i believe !
-
Brader
- First Team

- Posts: 1027
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:29 am
Re: Palace v Leeds (being streamed). Team/Reports/Ratings
Yep. Quality performance by morrison yesterday, and another brilliant display from varney too.
Really glad to see him playing so well.
Really glad for morrison and hopefully should silence some of his critics. Great article in the YEP about him too
Really glad to see him playing so well.
Really glad for morrison and hopefully should silence some of his critics. Great article in the YEP about him too
- weasel
- Superstar

- Posts: 19694
- Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
- Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet
Re: Palace v Leeds (being streamed). Team/Reports/Ratings
Morison did what good strikers do and that is to score goals. He was fairly much anonymous apart from that which is why I was amused to see people giving McCormack ratings of 9 the previous match. Morison, like Becchio, seems to just be about goals. Hopefully it will be a case now that we will create some more chances for him because, and again like Becchio before, he is feeding on scraps.
I don't see why people have to judge one player's success against the previous. Becchio did very well for us and hopefully Morison will do too.
Bizarre decision by NW though to bring him off.
I don't see why people have to judge one player's success against the previous. Becchio did very well for us and hopefully Morison will do too.
Bizarre decision by NW though to bring him off.
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
- Gino 1959
- Superstar

- Posts: 11810
- Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
- Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)
Re: Palace v Leeds (being streamed). Team/Reports/Ratings
TBF 64 many judged him in isolation - up until yesterday he had done very little, which may be related to his fitness (or lack thereof) - rather than a straight comparison between him and Becchio.1964white wrote: Yes Morison has been harshly judged by some which all relates to Becchio's departure i believe !
Plus one swallow etc etc etc
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79003
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Palace v Leeds (being streamed). Team/Reports/Ratings
weasel wrote:Morison did what good strikers do and that is to score goals. He was fairly much anonymous apart from that which is why I was amused to see people giving McCormack ratings of 9 the previous match. Morison, like Becchio, seems to just be about goals. Hopefully it will be a case now that we will create some more chances for him because, and again like Becchio before, he is feeding on scraps.
I don't see why people have to judge one player's success against the previous. Becchio did very well for us and hopefully Morison will do too.
Bizarre decision by NW though to bring him off.
Actually SM did some nice work around the box, nicely set up McCormack and closed down defenders well when they had the ball...admittedly I missed the first 25 minutes as I was at work, but he had a good game all round I thought...one of NW's better signings
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155168
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Palace v Leeds (being streamed). Team/Reports/Ratings
I said previously Morison had run the channels well & had worked hard in the games I'd seen him play, he was recovering from an injury & not match fit when we signed him. I believe he has only had 4 chances & has scored 3 of them with emphatic finishing.. Fans who have hardly seen him play are judging Morison on a few starts which I feel is unfair. People forget Becchio had some stinkers even though he scored 19 goals (8 pens) this seasonGino 1959 wrote: TBF 64 many judged him in isolation - up until yesterday he had done very little, which may be related to his fitness (or lack thereof) - rather than a straight comparison between him and Becchio.
Plus one swallow etc etc etc
- CSA
- First Team

- Posts: 2392
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:46 pm
- Location: South Leeds.
Re: Palace v Leeds (being streamed). Team/Reports/Ratings
Leon you have just summed up messageboards in one sentence1964white wrote:
Fans who have hardly seen him play are judging Morison on a few starts which I feel is unfair.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155168
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Palace v Leeds (being streamed). Team/Reports/Ratings
IndeedCSA wrote:
Leon you have just summed up messageboards in one sentence
- becchio bear
- Superstar

- Posts: 19296
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
- Twitter: @Becchiobear
- Location: Bramley Leeds
Re: Palace v Leeds (being streamed). Team/Reports/Ratings
Bollox1964white wrote:
Indeed
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
- dezzy
- Manager

- Posts: 4249
- Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 5:46 pm
- Location: Cork Ireland
Re: Palace v Leeds (being streamed). Team/Reports/Ratings
Indeedbecchio bear wrote:
Bollox![]()
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
- Gino 1959
- Superstar

- Posts: 11810
- Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
- Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)
Re: Palace v Leeds (being streamed). Team/Reports/Ratings
Ok, but equally unfair that some fans are viewing him more favourably than Becchio.1964white wrote:Fans who have hardly seen him play are judging Morison on a few starts which I feel is unfair.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
- CSA
- First Team

- Posts: 2392
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:46 pm
- Location: South Leeds.
- CSA
- First Team

- Posts: 2392
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:46 pm
- Location: South Leeds.
-
MeeTa
- Manager

- Posts: 4456
- Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:41 pm
- Twitter: @EirikOstrem
- Location: A place you cant afford to live
Re: Palace v Leeds (being streamed). Team/Reports/Ratings
Gino 1959 wrote: Ok, but equally unfair that some fans are viewing him more favourably than Becchio.
Id view a sloth more favourably than Becchio tbh, and i still believe we got off with the better deal in the becciwho morrison swap.

- Gino 1959
- Superstar

- Posts: 11810
- Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
- Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)
Re: Palace v Leeds (being streamed). Team/Reports/Ratings
Just watched FLS highlights and - whilst I appreciate highlights don't tell the full story - I thought:
Morison took his goals well.
Varney should have walked - twice.
Palarse ought to have won.
McComic needs a kick up the arse.
Warnock is turning into Max Bygraves.
Morison took his goals well.
Varney should have walked - twice.
Palarse ought to have won.
McComic needs a kick up the arse.
Warnock is turning into Max Bygraves.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
-
MeeTa
- Manager

- Posts: 4456
- Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:41 pm
- Twitter: @EirikOstrem
- Location: A place you cant afford to live
Re: Palace v Leeds (being streamed). Team/Reports/Ratings
Gino 1959 wrote:Just watched FLS highlights and - whilst I appreciate highlights don't tell the full story - I thought:
Morison took his goals well.
Varney should have walked - twice.
Palarse ought to have won.
McComic needs a kick up the arse.
Warnock is turning into Max Bygraves.
Cant fully agree with Ross, as i think hes been quite good of late. Hopefully he'll get a few goals and get his confidence back in that aspect of hes game.

- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: Palace v Leeds (being streamed). Team/Reports/Ratings
It truly worries me that I agree with so many of your posts lately!MeeTa wrote:
Cant fully agree with Ross, as i think hes been quite good of late. Hopefully he'll get a few goals and get his confidence back in that aspect of hes game.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155168
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Palace v Leeds (being streamed). Team/Reports/Ratings
Spot on assessmentGino 1959 wrote:Just watched FLS highlights and - whilst I appreciate highlights don't tell the full story - I thought:
Morison took his goals well.
Varney should have walked - twice.
Palarse ought to have won.
McComic needs a kick up the arse.
Warnock is turning into Max Bygraves.
Now don't go slagging off everyone's hero a one season wonder, funny how he can get away with missing the target time & time again, he has serious limitations which many of our fans tend to ignore, probably the reason Ross is plying his trade at Leeds
