Reading

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
leedsmad
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1839
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:10 pm

Reading

Post by leedsmad »

Would most people be pleased with a draw and think of it as a decent result away from home ?
I would for sure , and if we sneaked a win that would be an unbelievable result as long as we back it up against Burnley.
Am I asking to much ? :lol:
User avatar
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 16442
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am

Re: Reading

Post by HarryofOz »

A draw at Reading would be a good result unless we lead by two or more goals at some point in the game, in which case it'd two points dropped.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Reading

Post by becchio bear »

I expect a win and nothing less :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7373
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:51 am
Location: Leeds.

Re: Reading

Post by Emsley »

On current form reading are beatable.
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155154
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Reading

Post by 1964white »

Any point away from home is a good point !

McDermott will be really up for this one, hopefully another win on the cards :-D
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Reading

Post by becchio bear »

I'm currently watching the Reading v Brighton game, inspecting our opposition for Wednesday :) :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155154
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Reading

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote:I'm currently watching the Reading v Brighton game, inspecting our opposition for Wednesday :) :bear:
Good game ??
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Reading

Post by becchio bear »

1964white wrote:
Good game ??
It's only 9 minutes in so hard to say. I'll let you know later. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2669
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:39 pm

Re: Reading

Post by paddy parrott »

I`d be happy at moment with a point we`re up against a very decent side with that word again pops up Pace and a hard to beat at home record.
USA LEE
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:00 am
Location: Chicago USA

Re: Reading

Post by USA LEE »

I see a draw 0-0.
User avatar
Clyde1998
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:46 pm
Twitter: @Clyde1998
Location: Thatcham, Berkshire
Contact:

Re: Reading

Post by Clyde1998 »

Hello,

I'm a Reading fan in 100% peace - an admin from Royals Rendezvous. Here's some information on our team ahead of the game on Saturday.

Reading Team
Reading started with a confused formation against Brighton on Sunday. We lined up with a 4-5-1 formation, with Drenthe and Le Fondre ( :duno: ) on the wings. Following Pogrebnyak's sending off - Le Fondre headed into the middle and Daniel Williams moved on to the left side of the midfield.

For much of the early part of the season (and pre-season), Reading were playing a 4-2-3-1 formation, with a free-flowing passing game - this seems to have been lost throughout the season, so far.

Reading have kept the same back five this season, baring injury to Bridge - which has seen Cummings (1 game) and Kelly (0.5 game) play at left back.

The central midfield pairing has also stayed the same since day one - as Jem Karacan and Danny Guthrie have held the position down.

The third central midfielder has moved between being an attacking midfielder and a defensive midfielder. Players who have played as the "third midfielder" are: Robson-Kanu (AM; Ipswich/Blackpool), McAnuff (AM; Bolton), Blackman (AM/ST; Watford/Yeovil), Williams (DM; Brighton).

The wingers have seen slightly less changes - as Royston Drenthe has started every game for Reading this season. The other wingers have been - McCleary (Ipswich/Bolton/Blackpool/Yeovil), McAnuff (Watford), Le Fondre (Brighton :duno: )

Upfront, Reading started the season with Le Fondre, before Blackman came in against Bolton. Le Fondre returned for the Watford game, before being replaced by Blackman again against Blackpool. Le Fondre came back against Yeovil - and Pogrebnyak "played" against Brighton.

Expected Team
McCarthy
Gunter, Morrison (c), Pearce, Bridge
Karacan, Guthrie
Drenthe, Blackman, Robson-Kanu
Le Fondre

Expected Subs: Federici (GK), Kelly (RB/LB), Gorkss (CB), Williams (CM), McAnuff (RM/LM), McCleary (RM/LM), Ugwu/Samuel (ST)

Expected not to feature: Leigertwood (CM; doubtful), Roberts (ST; On TV duty - probably)

Travelling to Reading?
Royals Rendezvous has a guide for away fans travelling to the Madejski Stadium - http://royalsrendezvous.co.uk/topic/9220871/1

Reading's Key Players
Alex McCarthy was in great form at the end of last season. He got injured in November, keeping him out until he featured in a game against Liverpool - where he kept a clean sheet, making 10 saves in the game. He also made 10 saves in a 2-2 draw at Swansea in October. The 23-year old deserved his England call up at the end of the season. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... oFKDS4Mm3s)

Adam Le Fondre has been Reading's top goalscorer in the last two seasons. He managed eight off the bench last season - a Premier League record. He scored vital goals against West Brom, Newcastle (double) and Chelsea (double) to earn the Premier League player of the month award for January. He also scored against Ipswich, Watford and Yeovil this season. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... XAAqWi1rFw)

And Finally...
Any questions about Reading feel free to ask :)

Royals Rendezvous Match Thread: http://royalsrendezvous.co.uk/topic/9957553/1/
User avatar
woodfordwhites
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1838
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:07 pm
Location: east london

Re: Reading

Post by woodfordwhites »

thanks for that.just what i needed to know.good luck
User avatar
joelufc20
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2099
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:35 pm
Location: Lincoln UK

Re: Reading

Post by joelufc20 »

How highly do you rate Brian McDermott at the madjeski
REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND



[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
Norm
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 6930
Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 2:51 am
Location: SW Missouri USA

Re: Reading

Post by Norm »

Clyde1998 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:23 pm

Hello,

I'm a Reading fan in 100% peace - an admin from Royals Rendezvous. Here's some information on our team ahead of the game on Saturday.
Hello Clyde,
I'm just a nobody (not Admin or Mod or anything) but you made a nice gesture and I appreciate it.
Thanks,
N
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Reading

Post by becchio bear »

Norm wrote:
Hello Clyde,
I'm just a nobody (not Admin or Mod or anything) but you made a nice gesture and I appreciate it.
Thanks,
N

Awww Norm you're not a nobody, more a phleb like the rest of us mere mortals :P :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
User avatar
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8966
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 am
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds
Location: Sunny Doncaster

Reading

Post by Dr.Leeds »

Cheers Clyde. Nothing personal but I hope you don't enjoy the game one bit. ;-)
Image
User avatar
Clyde1998
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:46 pm
Twitter: @Clyde1998
Location: Thatcham, Berkshire
Contact:

Re: Reading

Post by Clyde1998 »

joelufc20 wrote:How highly do you rate Brian McDermott at the madjeski
Brain will always be welcome back at Reading - after being at the club, in various roles, for nearly thirteen years.

I feel that he could do great things for Leeds - given the time.

A brief history as Reading manager
He was not originally my first choice for Reading manager, when he was appointed as caretaker (after Brendan Rodgers was sacked), but with a win against Liverpool - and progress in the Championship, he quickly became first choice.

He saved us from relegation in his first season (2009-10) - and managed to take us to within 45 minutes of an FA Cup Semi-Final in the process. We would eventually finish eighth.

In his first transfer window - he showed that he could bring in Championship (and sometimes higher) quality players on the cheap. Andy Griffin and Ian Harte were brought in to improve the side. We did lose top-score Gylfi Sigurdsson (£7.5m) in the transfer window as well. McDermott somehow guided us to the play-off final that season - despite losing Gylfi.

For the second season in a row, we sold our top goalscorer (this time Shane Long - £6.5m), as well as our captain (Matt Mills - £5m). McDermott brought in Kaspars Gorkss and Adam Le Fondre as the replacements. We were sitting in a play-off space, when new owner Anton Zingarevich came into the club. He bought Jason Roberts into the team - and Reading stormed the second half of the season and took the title. However, the arrival of Anton turned out to be his downfall.

Reading brought in Championship quality players for the new Premier League season - despite now being owned by a "billionaire owner" and having the Premier League money. Reading were in the relegation zone by January.

January saw a few new players come into the club - from Europa League players to League One players. Reading would go on the best run in Europe, at the time, in January - climbing out of the relegation zone and looking towards a mid-table finish. Following this run - "big bids" were made for Tom Ince and Gylfi Sigurdsson - the latter reported to be over £12m.

Reading would collapse after January - and McDermott seemed to have run out of ideas. By his final game - Reading looked doomed for the drop.

However, his sacking came as a surprise to me - as I felt that no manager could have kept us up and McDermott would be the man to take Reading back up.
User avatar
Clyde1998
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:46 pm
Twitter: @Clyde1998
Location: Thatcham, Berkshire
Contact:

Re: Reading

Post by Clyde1998 »

Norm wrote: Hello Clyde,
I'm just a nobody (not Admin or Mod or anything) but you made a nice gesture and I appreciate it.
Thanks,
N
Thanks - and thanks to everyone who has replied to the post :)
User avatar
Clyde1998
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:46 pm
Twitter: @Clyde1998
Location: Thatcham, Berkshire
Contact:

Re: Reading

Post by Clyde1998 »

Dr.Leeds wrote:Cheers Clyde. Nothing personal but I hope you don't enjoy the game one bit. ;-)
If our last game was anything to go by - then I doubt I'll enjoy the game :lol: :wink:
Norm
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 6930
Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 2:51 am
Location: SW Missouri USA

Re: Reading

Post by Norm »

becchio bear wrote:

Awww Norm you're not a nobody, more a phleb like the rest of us mere mortals
That's as good as it gets innit?

You're only saying that 'cos I liked Becchio. :lol:
Post Reply