Christmas Shopping

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 15035
Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
Twitter: @motforum
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Christmas Shopping

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Well I'm nearly half way through my Christmas shopping now so just a reminder to you all that if you do happen to do any shopping through Amazon this Christmas please use our affiliate link...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/redirect.htm ... tive=19450
Velotrax

Re: Christmas Shopping

Post by Velotrax »

Don't do Christmas shopping that's her job, I just pay for it
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Christmas Shopping

Post by Twiggster »

It's only fekkin Halloween FFS! :shock: Not even thought about chrimbo yet!
But buy from amazon on our link please, when you do! :tup:
User avatar
Stout LUFC
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:51 am

Re: Christmas Shopping

Post by Stout LUFC »

Christmas shopping is best done online...

With a beer.

:beer:
Image
LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3873
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:22 pm
Twitter: lufcrace
Location: Wakefield
Contact:

Re: Christmas Shopping

Post by LUFCRACE »

The shopping is the one bit of Christmas I don't mind starting earlier, I like to buy things when I see them, and it's actually quite sensible to spread out the cost.
Everything else can wait until December the 1st!
BRING BACK BRADDERS

Image
International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth
Image
User avatar
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2580
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:17 pm
Location: Leeds

Christmas Shopping

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

Not for me Christmas!
User avatar
Stout LUFC
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:51 am

Re: Christmas Shopping

Post by Stout LUFC »

Wolfetoneleeds wrote:Not for me Christmas!
"I wear the chain I forged in life....I made it link by link, and yard by yard; I girded it on of my own free will, and of my own free will I wore it."


Charles Dickens
Image
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Christmas Shopping

Post by Twiggster »

I just detest xmas.... :tdown:
Armleywhite

Re: Christmas Shopping

Post by Armleywhite »

Twiggster wrote:I just detest xmas.... :tdown:
Really?? :shock:

I love it. Kids faces over new pressies, the troffing of far too many sweets / chockies, the family round and all hell breaking loose. :-D This year i'll be cooking for 16. Doing the Floyd thing of a few glasses of my Chateauneuf-du-Pape dear Hector. :)
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Christmas Shopping

Post by Twiggster »

Armleywhite wrote: Really?? :shock:

I love it. Kids faces over new pressies, the troffing of far too many sweets / chockies, the family round and all hell breaking loose. :-D This year i'll be cooking for 16. Doing the Floyd thing of a few glasses of my Chateauneuf-du-Pape dear Hector. :)
Commercialised crap. I'm not a christian, so nothing to celebrate. Just an increasing media exercise to get you to spend more than you can afford. Xmas is a major ball-ache for families on the breadline. Give the kids the pressies they hope for, or pay the rent/leccy etc. :duno:
Glad you can afford it. :tup:
Armleywhite

Re: Christmas Shopping

Post by Armleywhite »

Twiggster wrote:
Commercialised crap. I'm not a christian, so nothing to celebrate. Just an increasing media exercise to get you to spend more than you can afford. Xmas is a major ball-ache for families on the breadline. Give the kids the pressies they hope for, or pay the rent/leccy etc. :duno:
Glad you can afford it. :tup:
Thats me told then eh? Edit to add:

Thats xmas in the 20th / 21st century!! xmas for a long long tims has been commercialised and not about it's supposed initial meaning. You think i have always been able to have a good time at xmas?? You think I have no idea on those less fortunate?? Am I to feel guilty for being in a position of being able to afford things??
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Christmas Shopping

Post by Twiggster »

Armleywhite wrote: Thats me told then eh? Edit to add:

Thats xmas in the 20th / 21st century!! xmas for a long long tims has been commercialised and not about it's supposed initial meaning. You think i have always been able to have a good time at xmas?? You think I have no idea on those less fortunate?? Am I to feel guilty for being in a position of being able to afford things??
No mate - if it's your bag and you can - fooken enjoy it! :tup:
Armleywhite

Re: Christmas Shopping

Post by Armleywhite »

Twiggster wrote:
No mate - if it's your bag and you can - fooken enjoy it! :tup:
Apologies, I mistook your reply for a sarky comment.

Believe me, I know full well how it is to have nowt at such a time. I remember when sam was quite small how we scoured the free ads paper for cheap toys for him and gifts for my step daughter. I'd spend an age cleaning and making them look new. Our xmas dinner was a bernard mathews turkey roll and a few baked potatoes and beans. My daughter knew the stuff was not new but never said, she just made do. We were so lucky that Sam was too young and Shona was so lovely about it all.

We don't go over the top now, just enough to make sure we have a really special day.
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Christmas Shopping

Post by Twiggster »

Armleywhite wrote: Apologies, I mistook your reply for a sarky comment.

Believe me, I know full well how it is to have nowt at such a time. I remember when sam was quite small how we scoured the free ads paper for cheap toys for him and gifts for my step daughter. I'd spend an age cleaning and making them look new. Our xmas dinner was a bernard mathews turkey roll and a few baked potatoes and beans. My daughter knew the stuff was not new but never said, she just made do. We were so lucky that Sam was too young and Shona was so lovely about it all.

We don't go over the top now, just enough to make sure we have a really special day.
:tup: Poverty has a way of destroying festive occasions, unfortunately.
User avatar
Obobby-bobby
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:50 am
Location: Left voluntary

Re: Christmas Shopping

Post by Obobby-bobby »

Bah humbug.

Pay over the odds for overpriced toys and gifts, made in bulk from overseas, in China or summat'. Over fill the cupboards with food and cakes, then half the population are depressed for the next 6 months, because they look like :pig:.

Naturally, I will be putting on a ''happy'' face - because my kids are still quite young and its all for them, really.

It's too commercialized if you ask me - all for the sake of one day.
LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3873
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:22 pm
Twitter: lufcrace
Location: Wakefield
Contact:

Re: Christmas Shopping

Post by LUFCRACE »

Obobby-bobby wrote:Bah humbug.

Pay over the odds for overpriced toys and gifts, made in bulk from overseas, in China or summat'. Over fill the cupboards with food and cakes, then half the population are depressed for the next 6 months, because they look like :pig:.

Naturally, I will be putting on a ''happy'' face - because my kids are still quite young and its all for them, really.

It's too commercialized if you ask me - all for the sake of one day.
Yes, it is too comercialised, but it doesn't have to be. If you are lucky enough to be surrounded by the people you love, that for me is reason enough to celebrate.
BRING BACK BRADDERS

Image
International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth
Image
MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4456
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:41 pm
Twitter: @EirikOstrem
Location: A place you cant afford to live

Re: Christmas Shopping

Post by MeeTa »

LUFCRACE wrote:
Yes, it is too comercialised, but it doesn't have to be. If you are lucky enough to be surrounded by the people you love, that for me is reason enough to celebrate.

Exactly, spending time with family, eating great food. Counts for way more than the pressies tbh.
Image
Armleywhite

Re: Christmas Shopping

Post by Armleywhite »

MeeTa wrote:
Exactly, spending time with family, eating great food. Counts for way more than the pressies tbh.
Yup, which is exactly what I was rather clumsily trying to say but you and Anna said it so much better.
User avatar
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 15035
Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
Twitter: @motforum
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Christmas Shopping

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Hoof
User avatar
barryanorak
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3191
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:45 pm

Re: Christmas Shopping

Post by barryanorak »

LUFCRACE wrote:
Yes, it is too comercialised, but it doesn't have to be. If you are lucky enough to be surrounded by the people you love, that for me is reason enough to celebrate.
What Anna said.

After the hideous year that has been 2013, the thought of a couple of days with my family, and no other pressures is something to really look forward to.

If I never saw another present, it wouldn't bother me.

Be with those you love and appreciate them for what they are and what they mean to you.

The rest is irrelevant.
Music so wishes to be heard that it sometimes calls on unlikely characters to give it voice...

Post Reply