Rudi The Pass Master

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
Crude
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5674
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
Location: 'Merica

Re: Rudi The Pass Master

Post by Crude »

Does a pass count as a ball bouncing off Rudi's foot and him sprinting to the ball to control it? :wink:
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4456
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:41 pm
Twitter: @EirikOstrem
Location: A place you cant afford to live

Re: Rudi The Pass Master

Post by MeeTa »

Crude wrote:Does a pass count as a ball bouncing off Rudi's foot and him sprinting to the ball to control it? :wink:

Austin controlling the ball? seems unlikely
Image
User avatar
Crude
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5674
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
Location: 'Merica

Re: Rudi The Pass Master

Post by Crude »

MeeTa wrote:
Austin controlling the ball? seems unlikely
Which is why it bounced off his foot in the first place. :wink:
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19692
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: Rudi The Pass Master

Post by weasel »

SUPERLEEDSUNITED wrote:
I suppose the the fact that he is a trier is why most rate him. Everyone likes to see someone running around non stop for the team and getting stuck in so maybe people forgive his downsides for the plus points in his game. To be honest I havent seen him enough live to have my own opinion.
Probably the same reason a lot of people liked Alan Smith even though his passing and shooting wasn't up to scratch. Run around 'woring yer balls off for the team' and get the occasional goal and become hero.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4456
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:41 pm
Twitter: @EirikOstrem
Location: A place you cant afford to live

Re: Rudi The Pass Master

Post by MeeTa »

weasel wrote:
Probably the same reason a lot of people liked Alan Smith even though his passing and shooting wasn't up to scratch. Run around 'woring yer balls off for the team' and get the occasional goal and become hero.

England in a nutshell that. Whether or not a player is a good fotballer means shite, if he runs and tackles = hero...useless
Image
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Rudi The Pass Master

Post by becchio bear »

1964white wrote:
It's not about having a downer on players BB, I watch these players every week more or less, some are over hyped as is the case with Austin. He has become a fans favourite even though he isn't that great !

Rudi is a trier & is probably the best we have in the role he plays for now but he is very inconsistent & our midfield is often overrun as he leaves Murphy/Mowatt exposed when he bounds around the pitch generally getting caught out of position. His passing is average at best & his shooting in general is woeful but the fans still chant his name when he blast shots 20 yards over the bar with regularity
The likes of Peltier, Pugh, Warnock, Green, etc are not given such lienency when they make mistakes !
You have a downer on Austin and also McCormack :roll: Twiggs has a downer on Paddy. I tend to put my faith in McDermott and his team choice. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2669
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:39 pm

Re: Rudi The Pass Master

Post by paddy parrott »

It`s not to stir anything but my opinion is that Alan Smith was and should be of course a hero . And he of course put his self on the line for leeds and was a terrific striker , with his fair share of goals . And no one should forget how young he was and still pulled more than his weight in a struggling and ailing team.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155134
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Rudi The Pass Master

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote:
You have a downer on Austin and also McCormack :roll: Twiggs has a downer on Paddy. I tend to put my faith in McDermott and his team choice. :bear:
McCormack is having a fantastic season after 3 years of mediocrity, in my opinion I had every right to doubt his form upto this season. I'm so pleased for Ross who has proved me wrong at long last as we needed a prolific striker if we are to progress in the championship. Under McDermott's management we have witnessed a new invigorated player, its been like having a new signing playing upfront in comparison to the old overated Ross. I even share the concern should Ross pick up an injury we could be in mire as I & many fans can't see where the goals will come from if McCormack had to miss several games.
As I attend 45+ games a season without sounding condescending or conceited I feel I have a good insight of players performances whether they are good, average or poor !

I seem to recall you had a downer on our most prolific striker we've seen at ER in years during our L1 days :wink:
Last edited by 1964white on Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155134
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Rudi The Pass Master

Post by 1964white »

paddy parrott wrote:It`s not to stir anything but my opinion is that Alan Smith was and should be of course a hero . And he of course put his self on the line for leeds and was a terrific striker , with his fair share of goals . And no one should forget how young he was and still pulled more than his weight in a struggling and ailing team.
Many fans also forget Smith wavered his signing-on fee when he was transferred, a gesture other players didn't take up as they took the money & ran from a cash-strapped LUFC
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Rudi The Pass Master

Post by Twiggster »

1964white wrote:
Many fans also forget Smith wavered his signing-on fee when he was transferred, a gesture other players didn't take up as they took the money & ran from a cash-strapped LUFC
Many also forget him giving the v's to Leeds fans. And that he publicly said "I'll never sign for man united". Then we were going to be relegated: "I'm signing for manu cos I have my england career to think of - I'm not a championship player".

Where is the little scrote playing now? MK Dons! :roflmao:
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11810
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: Rudi The Pass Master

Post by Gino 1959 »

1964white wrote: I seem to recall you had a downer on our most prolific striker we've seen at ER in years during our L1 days :wink:
And hounded Steve Morison out of the club almost before he'd unpacked his bag :mrgreen:
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Rudi The Pass Master

Post by becchio bear »

Gino 1959 wrote: And hounded Steve Morison out of the club almost before he'd unpacked his bag :mrgreen:
Well what a complete and utter waste of space he was :evil: As for having a downer on Beckford, little old man, I had no problem with him in the main whilst he was our player, just towards the end he got a bit mardy and petulant, but once he had gone I got a little narked at some people in VLR constantly calling for him back as though he was the Messiah :roll: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
User avatar
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 10635
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
Twitter: @MartynStead
Location: and Momentum both uncertain

Re: Rudi The Pass Master

Post by Martyn »

becchio bear wrote:
Well what a complete and utter waste of space he was :evil: As for having a downer on Beckford, little old man, I had no problem with him in the main whilst he was our player, just towards the end he got a bit mardy and petulant, but once he had gone I got a little narked at some people in VLR constantly calling for him back as though he was the Messiah :roll: :bear:
"Towards the end" was when he scored the goals that got us out of League 1
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Rudi The Pass Master

Post by becchio bear »

Guildford White wrote:
"Towards the end" was when he scored the goals that got us out of League 1
Yeah I know that, I was saying he was mardy and petulant, which he was. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11810
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: Rudi The Pass Master

Post by Gino 1959 »

becchio bear wrote: just towards the end he got a bit mardy and petulant, but once he had gone I got a little narked at some people in VLR constantly calling for him back as though he was the Messiah :roll: :bear:
Is that the Scottish equivalent of "silly boy"? :wink:
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
NewZealandLuFc
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 2:51 pm
Location: Lincolnshire , Lincoln

Re: Rudi The Pass Master

Post by NewZealandLuFc »

Wow These forums get older and more boring by the day,

Water is wet the sky is blue.
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Rudi The Pass Master

Post by becchio bear »

NewZealandLuFc wrote:Wow These forums get older and more boring by the day,

Water is wet the sky is blue.
You could always post something to liven the forum up :P :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
gessa

Re: Rudi The Pass Master

Post by gessa »

The last post has been deleted.
User avatar
Crude
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5674
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
Location: 'Merica

Re: Rudi The Pass Master

Post by Crude »

NewZealandLuFc wrote:
Water is wet the sky is blue.
Please elaborate on and corroborate your evidence of that statement. :duno:
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155134
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Rudi The Pass Master

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:The last post has been deleted.
What the hell was that all about....still trying to get my head around it :?
Post Reply