I'm hoping it'll be Graham Dorrans, Marc Albrighton or Nicky Maynard to add some pace down the flanks, or even better Guidetti, but it'll probably be Becchio...sigh.Gurj wrote:According to YEP today, we are very hopeful of signing two premiership players today. One I think we all know is Cameron Stewart from Hull but not sure on other. Anyone heard anything ? Ideally I hope it's an experienced central defender who can get he's foot on the ball and spray it around but still capable of getting up and down the pitch.
January transfer rumours, now with added loan gossip
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
-
SG90
- Superstar

- Posts: 23132
- Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm
Re: January transfer rumours - post them in here please.
-
mav
- First Team

- Posts: 2340
- Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm
Re: January transfer rumours - post them in here please.
my understanding was we are not in debt, but they are having to do without income Bates sold forward - season tickets, some of the hospitality and all that.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
- hibbi86
- First Team

- Posts: 1367
- Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:56 pm
- Twitter: @Hibbi86
- Location: Wakefield / London
Re: January transfer rumours - post them in here please.
Aidy White cant control a footballrab_rant wrote: Perfect description of Aidy White, who we don't use, and sent out on loan, though I think he
is back at the club now but on the injury list.
Do we really need another player like this.
Forever and ever we shall follow are team, because we're Leeds United we rule supreme!
- Gurj
- Manager

- Posts: 2755
- Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 am
- Location: Birmingham
Re: January transfer rumours - post them in here please.
Cant see it being Albrighton, he is playing for Villa first team again right now. Maynard would be class if he is back to full fitness ? In fact is he even fit again ? He is just what we need up top at the moment and someone we have lacked since Jermaine moved on....great speed and also perhaps unlike JB, a great first touch. He and Ross could be lethal together.SG90 wrote: I'm hoping it'll be Graham Dorrans, Marc Albrighton or Nicky Maynard to add some pace down the flanks, or even better Guidetti, but it'll probably be Becchio...sigh.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
-
SG90
- Superstar

- Posts: 23132
- Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm
Re: January transfer rumours - post them in here please.
Yeah Albrighton's back in the Villa first team again, although he is OOC in June, but who knows. I'd expect Maynard is fit again, as Cardiff have said he's available to loan. Either Maynard or Dorrans would be just we what need in the meantime. Maynard could take some pressure off Ross and add more up front, whilst Dorrans would add pace and creativity down the flanks.
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Re: January transfer rumours - post them in here please.
Correct.mav wrote:my understanding was we are not in debt, but they are having to do without income Bates sold forward - season tickets, some of the hospitality and all that.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
- Gino 1959
- Superstar

- Posts: 11810
- Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
- Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)
Re: January transfer rumours - post them in here please.
Succinct post of the dayGuildford White wrote: Correct.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Re: January transfer rumours - post them in here please.
I tryGino 1959 wrote: Succinct post of the day
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: January transfer rumours - post them in here please.
mav wrote:my understanding was we are not in debt, but they are having to do without income Bates sold forward - season tickets, some of the hospitality and all that.
Two debts right HERE....admittedly from Haighs other companies, but still LUFC/GFH-C debts.
- Bakerjamessteven
- First Team

- Posts: 2461
- Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:49 pm
- Location: Rochester Kent
January transfer rumours - post them in here please.
Don't no much about this kid leedsmad, but from what I'm reading its sounds like another flop to put on the wage billleedsmad wrote:The truth is we got f@ck all money to piss on , if this Stewart guy is any good why would Hull allow his contract to wind down , the same old Cheapies is the way LUFC operate On. Just cause BM saw a cracking goal from the kid and his young, is that the reason we are signing him? cause the reviews I have read, doesn't sound anything to jump up and down about, hope I'm wrong.
- Bakerjamessteven
- First Team

- Posts: 2461
- Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:49 pm
- Location: Rochester Kent
January transfer rumours - post them in here please.
They gave it to ken lolSG90 wrote: What happened to that £6m the new owners put in?
- leedsmad
- First Team

- Posts: 1839
- Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:10 pm
Re: January transfer rumours - post them in here please.
Don't no much about this kid leedsmad, but from what I'm reading its sounds like another flop to put on the wage bill[Bakerjamessteven wrote:
I haven't seen the kid play, so really I'm going by what people have written about him, I'm just thinking if he was that good Hull wouldn't allow his contract to wind down like that.
I'm happy in the knowledge to know that Andy Flowers is part of the major share holding in our club, I'm hoping there thinking " right we are within touching distance from the playoffs, let's give Brian the necessary funds to get these players in". One can only hope.
The squad has overachieved to me and done well to get us in the position we are at the moment despite our blip.
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: January transfer rumours - post them in here please.
As I understand it, they needed him off their wage bill, so they can buy Max Gradel...plus, as I've said before - he may not be good enough for the Prem, but the Charlton fans loved him in his loan period in the Championship.leedsmad wrote: Don't no much about this kid leedsmad, but from what I'm reading its sounds like another flop to put on the wage bill
I haven't seen the kid play, so really I'm going by what people have written about him, I'm just thinking if he was that good Hull wouldn't allow his contract to wind down like that.
- leedsmad
- First Team

- Posts: 1839
- Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:10 pm
Re: January transfer rumours - post them in here please.
Twiggs I understand what your saying and would wish Stewart well, if he was signed . All I'm saying is at this moment in time he is not a signing I'm jumping up and down about.
We need those x factor players with proven pedigree in this division to get promoted, obviously it comes with the price , that's where Andy Flowers comes into it
We need those x factor players with proven pedigree in this division to get promoted, obviously it comes with the price , that's where Andy Flowers comes into it
- Gurj
- Manager

- Posts: 2755
- Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 am
- Location: Birmingham
Re: January transfer rumours - post them in here please.
Accoring to The Sun today, we are about to complete a £1.5m double swoop......£1m for Cameron Stewart and then £500k for a midfielder called Jimmy Ryan (who ?! )from Chesterfield !!
If this is true, I am not sure it's the way to go.....we dont need/want another Murphy who needs time to get used to the higher level of football. We need players who can perform at this standard immediately.
If this is true, I am not sure it's the way to go.....we dont need/want another Murphy who needs time to get used to the higher level of football. We need players who can perform at this standard immediately.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
-
Genghers
- Superstar

- Posts: 5801
- Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm
- Location: Newcastle
Re: January transfer rumours - post them in here please.
Jimmy Ryan's out of contract in Summer too... Seems silly to be chucking £1.5m on two players who are potentially free in the next window.Gurj wrote:Accoring to The Sun today, we are about to complete a £1.5m double swoop......£1m for Cameron Stewart and then £500k for a midfielder called Jimmy Ryan (who ?! )from Chesterfield !!
If this is true, I am not sure it's the way to go.....we dont need/want another Murphy who needs time to get used to the higher level of football. We need players who can perform at this standard immediately.
-
Genghers
- Superstar

- Posts: 5801
- Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm
- Location: Newcastle
Re: January transfer rumours - post them in here please.
Interesting development in the Stewart deal; apparently he's not eligible for another club this season as he's appeared for two already, so we're looking at an emergency loan (which isn't covered by those rules). Obviously that means he can only join for 93 days, so I'm not sure what the plan is after that, but he's available on a free in Summer...
http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/s ... -1-6359040
http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/s ... -1-6359040
- barryanorak
- Manager

- Posts: 3191
- Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:45 pm
Re: January transfer rumours - post them in here please.
We can't sign Stewart, so will take him on loan.
He's already played for both Hull and Charlton, so can't sign for a third club in the same season - according to the YEP any road. Hence the 'emergency' 93 day loan. We will then sign him at the end of the season.
He's already played for both Hull and Charlton, so can't sign for a third club in the same season - according to the YEP any road. Hence the 'emergency' 93 day loan. We will then sign him at the end of the season.
Music so wishes to be heard that it sometimes calls on unlikely characters to give it voice...
- hibbi86
- First Team

- Posts: 1367
- Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:56 pm
- Twitter: @Hibbi86
- Location: Wakefield / London
Re: January transfer rumours - post them in here please.
thats Right barry so we will get him for Free, i think this is possible the best deal for Leeds as if he turns out to be a complete flop then we dont have to sign him
Forever and ever we shall follow are team, because we're Leeds United we rule supreme!
- barryanorak
- Manager

- Posts: 3191
- Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:45 pm
Re: January transfer rumours - post them in here please.
Think ther'll be a pre-contract agreement in place, but it may reduce the fee.
Music so wishes to be heard that it sometimes calls on unlikely characters to give it voice...