WTF? NFL partnership

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

WTF? NFL partnership

Post by Twiggster »

BREAKING: The club are delighted to announce a new partnership with the San Francisco 49ers of the National Football League (NFL).
article
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5801
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm
Location: Newcastle

Re: WTF? NFL partnership

Post by Genghers »

Odd one, but gives me a decent team in the NFL to follow... I started following the Oakland Raiders last year and they're piss poor! :lol:
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: WTF? NFL partnership

Post by Twiggster »

New pitch at ER?

Image


:shock:
El Es Six
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 345
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:06 pm

Re: WTF? NFL partnership

Post by El Es Six »

Well I don't think anybody saw that one coming!

Initial thoughts:

Possible pros - I imagine 49ers have a lot of knowledge to tap into which is what the statement seems to focus on. For this venture to even be considered is a forward way of thinking - perhaps LUFC will really benefit from this new way of thinking/doing things.

Possible cons - We are tied into something very few fans care about and we have to put up with NFL rubbish/merchandise or something. LUFC become americanised in ways we'd rather not see perhaps the whole match day experience becomes removed from footballing tradition into something more commercial.

Any further thoughts?
User avatar
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 14808
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
Location: Lisburn, N.I

Re: WTF? NFL partnership

Post by lufc1304 »

A tad shallow, perhaps, but if they send over the cheerleading team, I'll feckin walk to ER!! :wink:
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: WTF? NFL partnership

Post by Twiggster »

lufc1304 wrote:A tad shallow, perhaps, but if they send over the cheerleading team, I'll feckin walk to ER!! :wink:
These? :wink:

Image
El Es Six
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 345
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:06 pm

Re: WTF? NFL partnership

Post by El Es Six »

lufc1304 wrote:A tad shallow, perhaps, but if they send over the cheerleading team, I'll feckin walk to ER!! :wink:
That's exactly the sort of thing I don't want at a footba..sorry, soccer game. It's as bad as goal music.
User avatar
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 14808
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
Location: Lisburn, N.I

Re: WTF? NFL partnership

Post by lufc1304 »

Twiggster wrote:
These? :wink:

Image
Amen, brother!!! :wink:
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
User avatar
Crude
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5674
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
Location: 'Merica

Re: WTF? NFL partnership

Post by Crude »

I thought also at first, WTF. But it's all about getting the brand bigger and more exposure. Which should translate to more money into the club coffers eventually. Remember, there are proper marketing people at LUFC now, unlike previous attempts, under previous owners.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
User avatar
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 14808
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
Location: Lisburn, N.I

Re: WTF? NFL partnership

Post by lufc1304 »

El Es Six wrote:
That's exactly the sort of thing I don't want at a footba..sorry, soccer game. It's as bad as goal music.
Truth be told, I agree, but I wouldn't be averse to seeing them do a turn in the Peacock car park pre-match!!!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
User avatar
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 10635
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
Twitter: @MartynStead
Location: and Momentum both uncertain

Re: WTF? NFL partnership

Post by Martyn »

Leeds 19-ers?
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
Armleywhite

Re: WTF? NFL partnership

Post by Armleywhite »

Fu** me, i never saw that one coming. However, the 49'ers have been my favourite American football team since I started following the sport back in the 80's My only regret, not ever seeing them play at Candlestick park, they move to their new ground next year :(

still, this lot can bring a massive amount of knowledge to anyone regarding sponsorship, merchandising etc. And No, their merchandise isn't crap.

I defy any non-gay bloke not to be impressed with the "Gold Rush"

:)
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78993
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: WTF? NFL partnership

Post by The Subhuman »

Armleywhite wrote:Fu** me, i never saw that one coming. However, the 49'ers have been my favourite American football team since I started following the sport back in the 80's My only regret, not ever seeing them play at Candlestick park, they move to their new ground next year :(

still, this lot can bring a massive amount of knowledge to anyone regarding sponsorship, merchandising etc. And No, their merchandise isn't crap.

I defy any non-gay bloke not to be impressed with the "Gold Rush"

:)

Paul USA is a big niner fan...even as a Raider fan I love it...it means however we'll get a lot of moronic comments on our 2000 page plus NFL thread over on waccoe.

If it's wingers we need I'd suggest Micheal Crabtree who's 6'2" 215 pounds and has a tidy 4.54 forty...Boldin is to slow and frankly too old too.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11810
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: WTF? NFL partnership

Post by Gino 1959 »

We get the cheerleaders and they get Austin.

Everybody's happy :-D
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78993
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: WTF? NFL partnership

Post by The Subhuman »

Genghers wrote:Odd one, but gives me a decent team in the NFL to follow... I started following the Oakland Raiders last year and they're piss poor! :lol:

thing is you have a Raider expert here who can help you grow to love the team and sport...Don't write the raiders off btw .. we have decent draft position and a s**t load of cap space to work with. Davis is dead and there's a new era underway...

we were much better this year than last...D is improving


maybe I should start an MOT fantasy league...it's a cracking game
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11810
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: WTF? NFL partnership

Post by Gino 1959 »

Does this now give credibility to the faaip-PaulUSA NFL thread?
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
User avatar
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 10635
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
Twitter: @MartynStead
Location: and Momentum both uncertain

Re: WTF? NFL partnership

Post by Martyn »

faaip wrote:

Paul USA is a big niner fan...even as a Raider fan I love it...it means however we'll get a lot of moronic comments on our 2000 page plus NFL thread over on waccoe.

If it's wingers we need I'd suggest Micheal Crabtree who's 6'2" 215 pounds and has a tidy 4.54 forty...Boldin is to slow and frankly too old too.
Thank god Warnock is gone, otherwise we'd be bringing Jerry Rice in on a 4-year contract
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78993
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: WTF? NFL partnership

Post by The Subhuman »

Armleywhite wrote:Fu** me, i never saw that one coming. However, the 49'ers have been my favourite American football team since I started following the sport back in the 80's My only regret, not ever seeing them play at Candlestick park, they move to their new ground next year :(

still, this lot can bring a massive amount of knowledge to anyone regarding sponsorship, merchandising etc. And No, their merchandise isn't crap.

I defy any non-gay bloke not to be impressed with the "Gold Rush"

:)

how do you feel about your chances on Sunday...gotta be confident


btw folks, a chance to see your new team on sunday in the divisional rounds (quarter finals to you) 6pm on sky (or stream) at the Carolina Panthers...
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11810
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: WTF? NFL partnership

Post by Gino 1959 »

lufc1304 wrote:A tad shallow, perhaps, but if they send over the cheerleading team, I'll feckin walk to ER!! :wink:
Surely you would have preferred

Image

And cheerleaders such as

Image
Image
Image
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
Armleywhite

Re: WTF? NFL partnership

Post by Armleywhite »

Guildford White wrote:
Thank god Warnock is gone, otherwise we'd be bringing Jerry Rice in on a 4-year contract
:roflmao: :roflmao: Whats up with Montano ffs. Quality comeback player ;)
Post Reply