WTF? NFL partnership
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
WTF? NFL partnership
BREAKING: The club are delighted to announce a new partnership with the San Francisco 49ers of the National Football League (NFL).
article
article
-
Genghers
- Superstar

- Posts: 5801
- Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm
- Location: Newcastle
Re: WTF? NFL partnership
Odd one, but gives me a decent team in the NFL to follow... I started following the Oakland Raiders last year and they're piss poor!
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: WTF? NFL partnership
New pitch at ER?


-
El Es Six
- Reserve Player

- Posts: 345
- Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:06 pm
Re: WTF? NFL partnership
Well I don't think anybody saw that one coming!
Initial thoughts:
Possible pros - I imagine 49ers have a lot of knowledge to tap into which is what the statement seems to focus on. For this venture to even be considered is a forward way of thinking - perhaps LUFC will really benefit from this new way of thinking/doing things.
Possible cons - We are tied into something very few fans care about and we have to put up with NFL rubbish/merchandise or something. LUFC become americanised in ways we'd rather not see perhaps the whole match day experience becomes removed from footballing tradition into something more commercial.
Any further thoughts?
Initial thoughts:
Possible pros - I imagine 49ers have a lot of knowledge to tap into which is what the statement seems to focus on. For this venture to even be considered is a forward way of thinking - perhaps LUFC will really benefit from this new way of thinking/doing things.
Possible cons - We are tied into something very few fans care about and we have to put up with NFL rubbish/merchandise or something. LUFC become americanised in ways we'd rather not see perhaps the whole match day experience becomes removed from footballing tradition into something more commercial.
Any further thoughts?
- lufc1304
- Superstar

- Posts: 14808
- Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
- Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
- Location: Lisburn, N.I
Re: WTF? NFL partnership
A tad shallow, perhaps, but if they send over the cheerleading team, I'll feckin walk to ER!!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: WTF? NFL partnership
These?lufc1304 wrote:A tad shallow, perhaps, but if they send over the cheerleading team, I'll feckin walk to ER!!
-
El Es Six
- Reserve Player

- Posts: 345
- Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:06 pm
Re: WTF? NFL partnership
That's exactly the sort of thing I don't want at a footba..sorry, soccer game. It's as bad as goal music.lufc1304 wrote:A tad shallow, perhaps, but if they send over the cheerleading team, I'll feckin walk to ER!!
- lufc1304
- Superstar

- Posts: 14808
- Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
- Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
- Location: Lisburn, N.I
Re: WTF? NFL partnership
Amen, brother!!!Twiggster wrote:
These?![]()
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
- Crude
- Superstar

- Posts: 5674
- Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
- Location: 'Merica
Re: WTF? NFL partnership
I thought also at first, WTF. But it's all about getting the brand bigger and more exposure. Which should translate to more money into the club coffers eventually. Remember, there are proper marketing people at LUFC now, unlike previous attempts, under previous owners.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023
Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000
Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000
Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
- lufc1304
- Superstar

- Posts: 14808
- Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
- Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
- Location: Lisburn, N.I
Re: WTF? NFL partnership
Truth be told, I agree, but I wouldn't be averse to seeing them do a turn in the Peacock car park pre-match!!!El Es Six wrote:
That's exactly the sort of thing I don't want at a footba..sorry, soccer game. It's as bad as goal music.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
-
Armleywhite
Re: WTF? NFL partnership
Fu** me, i never saw that one coming. However, the 49'ers have been my favourite American football team since I started following the sport back in the 80's My only regret, not ever seeing them play at Candlestick park, they move to their new ground next year
still, this lot can bring a massive amount of knowledge to anyone regarding sponsorship, merchandising etc. And No, their merchandise isn't crap.
I defy any non-gay bloke not to be impressed with the "Gold Rush"
still, this lot can bring a massive amount of knowledge to anyone regarding sponsorship, merchandising etc. And No, their merchandise isn't crap.
I defy any non-gay bloke not to be impressed with the "Gold Rush"
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 78995
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: WTF? NFL partnership
Armleywhite wrote:Fu** me, i never saw that one coming. However, the 49'ers have been my favourite American football team since I started following the sport back in the 80's My only regret, not ever seeing them play at Candlestick park, they move to their new ground next year![]()
still, this lot can bring a massive amount of knowledge to anyone regarding sponsorship, merchandising etc. And No, their merchandise isn't crap.
I defy any non-gay bloke not to be impressed with the "Gold Rush"
Paul USA is a big niner fan...even as a Raider fan I love it...it means however we'll get a lot of moronic comments on our 2000 page plus NFL thread over on waccoe.
If it's wingers we need I'd suggest Micheal Crabtree who's 6'2" 215 pounds and has a tidy 4.54 forty...Boldin is to slow and frankly too old too.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- Gino 1959
- Superstar

- Posts: 11810
- Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
- Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)
Re: WTF? NFL partnership
We get the cheerleaders and they get Austin.
Everybody's happy
Everybody's happy
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 78995
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: WTF? NFL partnership
Genghers wrote:Odd one, but gives me a decent team in the NFL to follow... I started following the Oakland Raiders last year and they're piss poor!
thing is you have a Raider expert here who can help you grow to love the team and sport...Don't write the raiders off btw .. we have decent draft position and a s**t load of cap space to work with. Davis is dead and there's a new era underway...
we were much better this year than last...D is improving
maybe I should start an MOT fantasy league...it's a cracking game
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- Gino 1959
- Superstar

- Posts: 11810
- Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
- Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)
Re: WTF? NFL partnership
Does this now give credibility to the faaip-PaulUSA NFL thread?
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Re: WTF? NFL partnership
Thank god Warnock is gone, otherwise we'd be bringing Jerry Rice in on a 4-year contractfaaip wrote:
Paul USA is a big niner fan...even as a Raider fan I love it...it means however we'll get a lot of moronic comments on our 2000 page plus NFL thread over on waccoe.
If it's wingers we need I'd suggest Micheal Crabtree who's 6'2" 215 pounds and has a tidy 4.54 forty...Boldin is to slow and frankly too old too.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 78995
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: WTF? NFL partnership
Armleywhite wrote:Fu** me, i never saw that one coming. However, the 49'ers have been my favourite American football team since I started following the sport back in the 80's My only regret, not ever seeing them play at Candlestick park, they move to their new ground next year![]()
still, this lot can bring a massive amount of knowledge to anyone regarding sponsorship, merchandising etc. And No, their merchandise isn't crap.
I defy any non-gay bloke not to be impressed with the "Gold Rush"
how do you feel about your chances on Sunday...gotta be confident
btw folks, a chance to see your new team on sunday in the divisional rounds (quarter finals to you) 6pm on sky (or stream) at the Carolina Panthers...
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- Gino 1959
- Superstar

- Posts: 11810
- Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
- Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)
Re: WTF? NFL partnership
Surely you would have preferredlufc1304 wrote:A tad shallow, perhaps, but if they send over the cheerleading team, I'll feckin walk to ER!!

And cheerleaders such as


Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
-
Armleywhite
Re: WTF? NFL partnership
Guildford White wrote:
Thank god Warnock is gone, otherwise we'd be bringing Jerry Rice in on a 4-year contract