Our manager?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
bloomy
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 4:37 pm
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Our manager?

Post by bloomy »

Wish I could start with a "Good" morning,afternoon or evening,but after today`s performance I`ll prefer to just say "Hi" fellow Leeds friends!
I am tempted to ask you all if you think Brian McDermott will survive after today`s (lack of) performance & result?
What now?
I love Leeds United
USA LEE
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:00 am
Location: Chicago USA

Re: Our manager?

Post by USA LEE »

Sacked by Monday!!!
User avatar
woodfordwhites
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1838
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:07 pm
Location: east london

Re: Our manager?

Post by woodfordwhites »

lets not start all that please
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5801
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm
Location: Newcastle

Re: Our manager?

Post by Genghers »

He'll be fine.
User avatar
bloomy
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 4:37 pm
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Re: Our manager?

Post by bloomy »

I know it`s always the managers who get the blame when things go wrong & I really did have a lot of faith in him when he came to Elland Road,but something is obviously not right.I know we may be lacking in skill in a few areas,but to get the results we have been getting recently takes some doing.However,I do hope we can get it together again soon.
Last edited by bloomy on Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love Leeds United
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78986
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Our manager?

Post by The Subhuman »

well he's been out managed for a while now...I'm not a fan but he should stay for another season after this..he deserves time to do his job.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
bloomy
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 4:37 pm
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Re: Our manager?

Post by bloomy »

Yes,I agree that he should have time to make the necessary changes & I like the guy.I just wonder how the board will take it.I hope he can turn things round.
I love Leeds United
User avatar
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 16442
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am

Re: Our manager?

Post by HarryofOz »

No chance of him getting the sack. Still in touch of the top six and GFH have been talking 2-3 year plans. We would have to be close to the relegation zone for there to be even a small chance of McDermott getting the boot.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Armleywhite

Re: Our manager?

Post by Armleywhite »

I do not advocate sacking him, but he HAS to answer for this debacle! Fukc ups like this cannot go by without answer. The book stops with the manager and if the players are lacklustre then who's fault???

A public apology by both players and manager should be demanded by those that pay these lazy fukcers wages!
User avatar
Obobby-bobby
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:50 am
Location: Left voluntary

Re: Our manager?

Post by Obobby-bobby »

Still, something dosn't seem right, though. Maybe the investment/transfers unsettling the players :duno: - Still no excuse though.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23124
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Our manager?

Post by SG90 »

I don't think he should be sacked, but I don't think he's better than Grayson was when he got the boot. His selection policy and favouritism over certain players is mind boggling, maybe that's why he got the boot at Reading? It's obvious we need changes, but is anyone thinking this will happen, it didn't after the Rochdale massacre. Just thinking that we've got Leicester next, after what Wendy did to us, I think this one will need an 18+ rating. Hopefully Haigh and friends weren't too busy palling it up with American Football teams and witnessed the dreadful team we have and can get the wallet out.
LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3873
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:22 pm
Twitter: lufcrace
Location: Wakefield
Contact:

Re: Our manager?

Post by LUFCRACE »

I really hope they aren't thinking of handing him his P45, but fear otherwise.
BRING BACK BRADDERS

Image
International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth
Image
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78986
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Our manager?

Post by The Subhuman »

LUFCRACE wrote:I really hope they aren't thinking of handing him his P45, but fear otherwise.

they wouldn't be doing their job if they weren't considering it...he's been poor for 6 weeks and they are about to splash some cash...they need to be sure he can spend it wisely


Stewart is a loan and free signing, if they're paying more than a negligible sum they're mad and Kebe is also a loan..
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Our manager?

Post by becchio bear »

Our manager shouldn't be sacked but half of our f*cking spineless squad should get the swinging axe :twisted: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
User avatar
dezzy
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4249
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 5:46 pm
Location: Cork Ireland

Re: Our manager?

Post by dezzy »

Am I seeing things? This is what is wrong in this sport! We were in a great position before christmas and still there or thereabouts now. We had a horror show when anything that could go wrong went wrong on the pitch. Sack the manager? Get off the stage. One thing that really does puzzle me is Austin in the team let alone captain, he reminds me of a rugby player drafted into a football team, effort, but clueless how the sport is played
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23124
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Our manager?

Post by SG90 »

I don't know if I'd trust him with funds though. Most of his signings have been average or poor and the players he's constantly linked with are old Reading players. As we saw with Colin, bringing in your old mates doesn't work at another club. I remember when he came in, he said he needed a complete new side, yet most of Colin's signings he's kept in the team, whilst made another his captain. Continuing on with hoof ball is embarrassing, why are we the only team in the league who play that style? It's time for him to step it up in the transfer window.
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2669
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:39 pm

Re: Our manager?

Post by paddy parrott »

correct me if i`m wrong but Austin didn`t captain team today i think it was zedd.
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Our manager?

Post by becchio bear »

Dunno but another stat is that this was the worst defeat since 1959 when we lost to Scum :twisted: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78986
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Our manager?

Post by The Subhuman »

no mention anywhere there was a change of captain...that would be newsworthy I would have thought
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2669
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:39 pm

Re: Our manager?

Post by paddy parrott »

Sorry think i got this one wrong need to get back to speccy`s for the new year.
Post Reply