McDermott to hold meeting with players at TA tomorrow

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 16442
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am

Re: McDermott to hold meeting with players at TA tomorrow

Post by HarryofOz »

operahr wrote:I'd like to be a fly on the wall at TA right now! Be interesting to see whether any reports come out about what's said today. I've just joined the site so thanks for accepting me.
Welcome aboard
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
User avatar
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 14819
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
Location: Lisburn, N.I

Re: McDermott to hold meeting with players at TA tomorrow

Post by lufc1304 »

Bloody hell, operahr, you picked a good time to join!! Welcome to the funhouse, mate, strap yourself in :wink:
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79102
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: McDermott to hold meeting with players at TA tomorrow

Post by The Subhuman »

HarryofOz wrote:Getting back to basics

Image

actually..it's a picture of a football..
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
El Es Six
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 345
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:06 pm

Re: McDermott to hold meeting with players at TA tomorrow

Post by El Es Six »

Guildford White wrote:
Nonsense.

Absolute bollox in fact.

No manager with an IQ over 20 is going to say "in so many words" that his players are crap unless he absolutely wants to lose them. Why would you want or expect him to do that?
Well I think it is a fine line between showing you know that the squad needs investment and dropping hints in interviews to put pressure on the board, and as ldsutd says annoying/putting doubt into some of your current squad. It looks as though Bri may have done the latter. If he has I actually think he has the capacity to make amends.

That said I think tactics and team formation are as much to blame for the Wednesday result as a potential dressing room loss.
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: McDermott to hold meeting with players at TA tomorrow

Post by becchio bear »

faaip wrote:

actually..it's a picture of a football..
ooh in a pedantic mood i see Faaip :P

Welcome aboard to the new guy Operahr :tup: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79102
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: McDermott to hold meeting with players at TA tomorrow

Post by The Subhuman »

operahr wrote:I'd like to be a fly on the wall at TA right now! Be interesting to see whether any reports come out about what's said today. I've just joined the site so thanks for accepting me.

welcome...I'm the forum idiot...just a heads up
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3873
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:22 pm
Twitter: lufcrace
Location: Wakefield
Contact:

Re: McDermott to hold meeting with players at TA tomorrow

Post by LUFCRACE »

I'm not sure I totally buy the whole "the gaffer keeps saying we need better players, therefore we aren't good enough" argument. Isn't that what football clubs and their managers are always trying to do? To improve the squad? Isn't being a professional sports person all about trying to challenge yourself against better people, to improve yourself and your team?
BRING BACK BRADDERS

Image
International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth
Image
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79102
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: McDermott to hold meeting with players at TA tomorrow

Post by The Subhuman »

LUFCRACE wrote:I'm not sure I totally buy the whole "the gaffer keeps saying we need better players, therefore we aren't good enough" argument. Isn't that what football clubs and their managers are always trying to do? To improve the squad? Isn't being a professional sports person all about trying to challenge yourself against better people, to improve yourself and your team?
of course it, and how often do we hear players say that new signings are needed too. I'm also not buying the players aren't good enough.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155360
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: McDermott to hold meeting with players at TA tomorrow

Post by 1964white »

operahr wrote:I'd like to be a fly on the wall at TA right now! Be interesting to see whether any reports come out about what's said today. I've just joined the site so thanks for accepting me.
Welcome Opera :tup:

Are you music fan or a singer ?
User avatar
operahr
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:29 am
Twitter: @operahr
Location: HR Dept Wakefield

Re: McDermott to hold meeting with players at TA tomorrow

Post by operahr »

Thanks for the welcome. I sing.....At Elland Road, sometimes. It will be interesting to see whether B McD says anything about what happened today. Some of the tweets to David Haigue were to the point so I expect some crisis talks this week. B Mc is quoted as saying there will be no more transfers coming in before Leicester game! We have signed two loan players so far and I'm having some doubts about a transfer kitty being avialable, but I hope I'm totally wrong. MOT
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155360
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: McDermott to hold meeting with players at TA tomorrow

Post by 1964white »

Kepler wrote:If he play commander zero next game, then he has lost the plot. I have never seen a defender play so crap in a Leeds shirt before. Made duberry and roque jr look fantastic
Yes it was a real shocker from Z but have you forgotten his five MOTM performances in his ten games for Leeds
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11810
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: McDermott to hold meeting with players at TA tomorrow

Post by Gino 1959 »

becchio bear wrote: Welcome aboard to the new guy Operahr :tup: :bear:
You assume this poster is male because...?

Welcome aboard, person-of-unidentified-sex.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: McDermott to hold meeting with players at TA tomorrow

Post by becchio bear »

Gino 1959 wrote: You assume this poster is male because...?

Welcome aboard, person-of-unidentified-sex.
They didn't say otherwise :P :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
User avatar
operahr
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:29 am
Twitter: @operahr
Location: HR Dept Wakefield

Re: McDermott to hold meeting with players at TA tomorrow

Post by operahr »

becchio bear wrote:
They didn't say otherwise :P :bear:
Male. :-D
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11810
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: McDermott to hold meeting with players at TA tomorrow

Post by Gino 1959 »

operahr wrote: Male. :-D
You're first mistake, but I suppose you weren't to know BB is the forum cougar.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
User avatar
operahr
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:29 am
Twitter: @operahr
Location: HR Dept Wakefield

Re: McDermott to hold meeting with players at TA tomorrow

Post by operahr »

Gino 1959 wrote: You're first mistake, but I suppose you weren't to know BB is the forum cougar.
Thanks for the tip off! It's been a while since I was cougered :twisted:
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79102
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: McDermott to hold meeting with players at TA tomorrow

Post by The Subhuman »

operahr wrote:
Thanks for the tip off! It's been a while since I was cougered :twisted:

same goes for Geno...Ronan has not been well
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
essexwhite
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2041
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: scotland

Re: McDermott to hold meeting with players at TA tomorrow

Post by essexwhite »

Players get too much money nowadays that's the prob,,they are too big for their boots!
Image
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: McDermott to hold meeting with players at TA tomorrow

Post by Twiggster »

operahr wrote:
Thanks for the tip off! It's been a while since I was cougered :twisted:
Welcome mate. I can see you will fit in here ok! :lol: :tup:
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155360
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: McDermott to hold meeting with players at TA tomorrow

Post by 1964white »

essexwhite wrote:Players get too much money nowadays that's the prob,,they are too big for their boots!

Very true Essex :tup:

Leeds players are on between 8k & 15k a week :shock: for what may I ask:oops:
Post Reply