Be careful he's also into concrete !rab_rant wrote:Bates was it it to sell players... this Spic turns it up an notch, and he is in it to sell clubs.
Massimo TOMA thread
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- operahr
- Youth Team

- Posts: 55
- Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:29 am
- Twitter: @operahr
- Location: HR Dept Wakefield
Re: FL approval of TOMA?
-
Drs.Dad
- Manager

- Posts: 3048
- Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:20 pm
- barryanorak
- Manager

- Posts: 3191
- Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:45 pm
Re: FL approval of TOMA?
Drs.Dad wrote:Be prepared for a spate of headless horses turning up in West Yorkshire!
Makes a change from headless chickens, I suppose...
Music so wishes to be heard that it sometimes calls on unlikely characters to give it voice...
- weasel
- Superstar

- Posts: 19690
- Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
- Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet
Re: FL approval of TOMA?
He's not appoitning Warnock as boss again is he?Drs.Dad wrote:Be prepared for a spate of headless horses turning up in West Yorkshire!
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
- dezzy
- Manager

- Posts: 4249
- Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 5:46 pm
- Location: Cork Ireland
Re: FL approval of TOMA?
This is nothing but bad news, money hunger vultures looking to use us
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: FL approval of TOMA?
As per the past 15 years or so.....dezzy wrote:This is nothing but bad news, money hunger vultures looking to use us
W.B. Dezzy
- Gino 1959
- Superstar

- Posts: 11810
- Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
- Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)
Re: FL approval of TOMA?
Ssshh! Or else Leon will be backing these, too :mrgreen:Drs.Dad wrote:Be prepared for a spate of headless horses turning up in West Yorkshire!
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
- HarryofOz
- Superstar

- Posts: 16442
- Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
Re: FL approval of TOMA?
Gino 1959 wrote: Ssshh! Or else Leon will be backing these, too :mrgreen:
From about to take over to just offering advice, though as others have said why would the new consortium which already has links with Leeds need advice from an outsider.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
- leedsmad
- First Team

- Posts: 1839
- Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:10 pm
Re: FL approval of TOMA?
We have been living in hope for so long, of a team to be proud of, the promises and bullsh#t is becoming to much and slowly my interest is diminishing, haven't woken up for a Leeds game in over a month, something fast better happen or this fan won't be waking up for a very long time to come, over it.
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: FL approval of TOMA?
Sad to say, mate - I gave up hope for LUFC last summer (probably before that) - I didn't stop doing my podcast for any other reason than that, really. I simply have no energy left to put into our club, when I see it is ROTTEN from top to bottom.leedsmad wrote:We have been living in hope for so long, of a team to be proud of, the promises and bullsh#t is becoming to much and slowly my interest is diminishing, haven't woken up for a Leeds game in over a month, something fast better happen or this fan won't be waking up for a very long time to come, over it.
Noticeable in VLR this season that the chat is mostly about anything other than the game we are listening to/watching. AND that so many former regulars no longer join in. (Tho I blame Ronan for that!
But seriously - I don't give a flying fek anymore about this club.. *
LUFC was crap in the early 60's when I first joined up. It was superb in the late 60's and 70's and those memories will never leave me, despite Paris and Greece.
We thought the 80's were as low as we could go, but we stayed faithful and had laughs and rucks and wewere still proud and finally, a new positive era began. Back in the top flight! Champions again! Then - European footy again! Champions League!
We were back as a top club and what could possibly go wrong?
EVERYTHING! The rot crept in and spread so rapidly, but I allus believed we'd overcome that as we were a "MASSIVE CLUB".
I've kept the faith thru relegations, administrations and minus 15 points - dodgy owners and even dodgier managers and utterly rubbish signings. After 50 years of supporting this club, my passion is at an all time low.
I saw a post from a Leeds fan today - "supporting Leeds is a rollercoaster ride - the one at Coney Island that killed everyone when it flew off the rails"...
* I'm still following BTW - for our fans.
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Re: FL approval of TOMA?
I have been feeling exactly the same for several years Twiggs.
There was a time where if we lost on a Saturday it ruined my week until Wednesday. Now I shrug and have forgotten about it by. 6 o'clock on the Saturday. The owners don't care about us, why should we care about the club?
There was a time where if we lost on a Saturday it ruined my week until Wednesday. Now I shrug and have forgotten about it by. 6 o'clock on the Saturday. The owners don't care about us, why should we care about the club?
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
- HarryofOz
- Superstar

- Posts: 16442
- Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
Re: FL approval of TOMA?
Stop pretending you don't care
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 78985
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: FL approval of TOMA?
Guildford White wrote:I have been feeling exactly the same for several years Twiggs.
There was a time where if we lost on a Saturday it ruined my week until Wednesday. Now I shrug and have forgotten about it by. 6 o'clock on the Saturday. The owners don't care about us, why should we care about the club?
my ex and my current girlfriend used to say I was difficult to live with if we lost...I just went quiet and wasn't my normal carefree self for a couple of days I know it's coming nowadays and it's expected...I really don't care if the owners care about the fans (they never did...can you imagine if message boards had been around in the time of Revie leaving and Clough arriving?) I only ask they care about the club..
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: FL approval of TOMA?
Who are you, agreeing with me? What have you done with the Real Martyn?Guildford White wrote:I have been feeling exactly the same for several years Twiggs.
There was a time where if we lost on a Saturday it ruined my week until Wednesday. Now I shrug and have forgotten about it by. 6 o'clock on the Saturday. The owners don't care about us, why should we care about the club?
The burden gets heavier every day, mate. I'll NEVER be ashamed to say I'm a Leeds fan and proud. But WTF is there to be proud about anymore?
Only our fans keep me supporting every game. Hearing them sing MOT and Wolfie's SS5 gang bringing more credit, as they are relatively new LUFC fans.
As you say - the devastation after losing or the euphoria at winning just isn't happening for me anymore. My main Leeds feelings lately are ones of ANGER towards the incompetent morons who would destroy us for a few shekels.
- Crude
- Superstar

- Posts: 5674
- Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
- Location: 'Merica
Re: FL approval of TOMA?
What a bunch of grim-old-fekkers in this thread. Hope your significant others hide the rope and pills.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023
Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000
Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000
Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: FL approval of TOMA?
Doesn't worry me enough these days Dan (to think about rope and pills), where this s**t excuse for a club has ended up.Crude wrote:What a bunch of grim-old-fekkers in this thread. Hope your significant others hide the rope and pills.![]()
- dezzy
- Manager

- Posts: 4249
- Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 5:46 pm
- Location: Cork Ireland
Re: FL approval of TOMA?
How can the club turn around though? I don't trust these middle eastern consortiums one bit, just in it for themselves, these guys are the same just invest in PR a bit more.
Non of us no how much bent is there, a lot I would imagine, we don't own our own ground, fans are losing heart, we continually sell our top players. It all looks so bleak.
Let's start again with local business men taking over, use our young players, put plans in place to get a decent player in during the summer to help the young players we have, develop from there.
But just as you say it, that will never happen, the big money clubs will come in and take our young guns and we have to start again! You can't build from the bottom up, you have to gamble with money the game is ruined!! Everton are the exception to the rule and they haven't had much success really over the years.
Non of us no how much bent is there, a lot I would imagine, we don't own our own ground, fans are losing heart, we continually sell our top players. It all looks so bleak.
Let's start again with local business men taking over, use our young players, put plans in place to get a decent player in during the summer to help the young players we have, develop from there.
But just as you say it, that will never happen, the big money clubs will come in and take our young guns and we have to start again! You can't build from the bottom up, you have to gamble with money the game is ruined!! Everton are the exception to the rule and they haven't had much success really over the years.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
-
gessa
Re: FL approval of TOMA?
The thing is these middle East consortiums are no different to the Americans or who ever else, they are in it to make money or on a power hungry trip by using someone elses money. The days of local business men having the money to compete in todays game are probably over.dezzy wrote:How can the club turn around though? I don't trust these middle eastern consortiums one bit, just in it for themselves, these guys are the same just invest in PR a bit more.
Non of us no how much bent is there, a lot I would imagine, we don't own our own ground, fans are losing heart, we continually sell our top players. It all looks so bleak.
Let's start again with local business men taking over, use our young players, put plans in place to get a decent player in during the summer to help the young players we have, develop from there.
But just as you say it, that will never happen, the big money clubs will come in and take our young guns and we have to start again! You can't build from the bottom up, you have to gamble with money the game is ruined!! Everton are the exception to the rule and they haven't had much success really over the years.
- operahr
- Youth Team

- Posts: 55
- Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:29 am
- Twitter: @operahr
- Location: HR Dept Wakefield
Re: FL approval of TOMA?
Whoever owns the club will want to make money, that what it's all about. Even local business people would want a return on their investment. If we could find a rich benefactor that was a Leeds United fan and was prepared to own the club for 20 or 30 years we might stand a chance of long term success but unfortunately we are seen as a sleeping giant that could make some consortium millions in a couple of years. We are a spread bet amongst outside investors.
-
gessa
Re: FL approval of TOMA?
operahr wrote:Whoever owns the club will want to make money, that what it's all about. Even local business people would want a return on their investment. If we could find a rich benefactor that was a Leeds United fan and was prepared to own the club for 20 or 30 years we might stand a chance of long term success but unfortunately we are seen as a sleeping giant that could make some consortium millions in a couple of years. We are a spread bet amongst outside investors.
Exactly mate, no one is going to do it and take the inevitable abuse that goes with the territory for nothing.
