Massimo TOMA thread
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- HarryofOz
- Superstar

- Posts: 16442
- Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
Re: Poll : who would you prefer?
While obviously seeing it from my point of view in agreeing with your beliefs, I applaud you Gandalf and Andy for your posts. I couldn't agree more.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
- becchio bear
- Superstar

- Posts: 19296
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
- Twitter: @Becchiobear
- Location: Bramley Leeds
Re: Poll : who would you prefer?
I'm just going to pick up on this point if I may from your extensive posts. Whilst I do agree that we should be encouraging children to attend, after all they are the future of our club, your idea is not really viable. I have an 8 year old and no way would I allow him to attend ER with 19 classmates and 2 teachers to supervise!! How do they get there? You really expect teachers to give up the best part of 5 hours on a Saturday? Keeping tabs on excitable kids would be a complete nightmare, factor in toilet trips etc. Free tickets to schools along the lines of what the Rhinos have been doing on the other hand would be a good idea together with a package of children get in free with an adult?andywatson wrote:I accept that many of the points I raised are idealistic, but I see no reason why we cannot work off a business model that is similar.
How long has East Stand Upper been closed for now? Give every school in the area 20 free tickets for each game along with 2 teacher tickets to supervise- some minimal cost in stewarding and some increased (minimal) revenue from programmes and sweets. Replica shirts and future ticket sales will see it produce money instead of being an empty waste of space. It's building a stadium and maintaining it that costs money- not having an area open.
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Re: Poll : who would you prefer?
That would work BB. I think Andy is arguing for the principle, not the detailed implementationbecchio bear wrote:
I'm just going to pick up on this point if I may from your extensive posts. Whilst I do agree that we should be encouraging children to attend, after all they are the future of our club, your idea is not really viable. I have an 8 year old and no way would I allow him to attend ER with 19 classmates and 2 teachers to supervise!! How do they get there? You really expect teachers to give up the best part of 5 hours on a Saturday? Keeping tabs on excitable kids would be a complete nightmare, factor in toilet trips etc. Free tickets to schools along the lines of what the Rhinos have been doing on the other hand would be a good idea together with a package of children get in free with an adult?
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
-
gessa
Re: Poll : who would you prefer?
Very good post GandiGandalf wrote:Have we not learned from previous mistakes ?
If Friday's debacle couldn't persuade you, then just take a look at Cellino's past record. He may be a wealthy man, but there is no clear evidence that he has put much of it into Cagliari. Apart from one season early in Cellino's stewardship, when they manged to grab a UEFA Cup place and make it to the Semi Final, they have spent the rest of his 22 years in charge fighting relegation (and occasionally failing).
He has sacked more managers than I have had hot dinners, including sacking 3 before November in the 2005-06 season, and Friday's events have shown us he has not lost that trait. He also has a notorious habit of flogging his best players and replacing them with unknown punts (sound familiar ?). Add to that he has full control of player recruitment, and expects his managers to coach.
His final nail in the coffin (as far as I am concerned) is his pushing most of the club's funds into lavish building projects (sound familiar ?), which normally put him into conflict with the local council (sound familiar ?), and which has ended up with Cagliari's new stadium lying empty due to being unable to get a safety certificate. As a result they now play their home games 500 miles from Sardinia in Trieste on the Slovenian border.
I don't really care whether Sport Capital / Farnan have mega funds backing them. As long as they have enough to purchase the club, and clear existing debts, and then have a sustainable and forward thinking plan to move LUFC forward, both on the pitch and with the Academy, then I would be happy. Any group that has Adam Pearson involved - a man I greatly admire - then I would be supportive of them.
Guess which way I voted
- leedsmad
- First Team

- Posts: 1839
- Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:10 pm
Re: Poll : who would you prefer?
I tell you what some brilliant post on here Andy , Weasel , theleedsmango , Meeta to mention a few , you bring up awesome points and good substance to the argument of preference.
Can I just say what I'm noticing is the massive passion and love we have for this club despite what we been through and which ever side you take or think you take I'm sure deep down would be that you believe is in the best interest of the club , much respect to you all .
Can you feel the love tonight from the Madman
Can I just say what I'm noticing is the massive passion and love we have for this club despite what we been through and which ever side you take or think you take I'm sure deep down would be that you believe is in the best interest of the club , much respect to you all .
Can you feel the love tonight from the Madman
-
Drs.Dad
- Manager

- Posts: 3048
- Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:20 pm
Re: FL approval of TOMA?
I think we all have to be aware of the fact that, as the Guardian says, the earlier fraud convictions are officially classed as 'spent', and that under our laws, Cellino is innocent until proven guilty of his upcoming court case. Legal 'problems' have never got in the way of the test up to now!

-
SUPERLEEDSUNITED
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 684
- Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:24 pm
- Location: Halifax
Re: Poll : who would you prefer?
Stability for me. We seem to have lacked it for many a year now.
What kind of music do you usually have here?
Oh, we got both kinds. Country....and Western.
Oh, we got both kinds. Country....and Western.
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
- Obobby-bobby
- Youth Team

- Posts: 72
- Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:50 am
- Location: Left voluntary
Re: Poll : who would you prefer?
Shame on anyone of you, who is willing play - JUDAS. All for the sake of, a bit of short term success.
Supporting Leeds is, unconditional. I tell thee' what, though - If this 'bent as a nine bob note' crazy Italian gets his hands on this club...you thought is was bad under Bates, I dread to think what the future holds for us, with this crookstable pulling the strings. Forget about the academy and, bringing the kids through - owt' decent from TA will be sold for 30 pieces of silver. The majority of the players names will end in i- Brian MOT will probably walk, due to the crazy Italian meddling with team affairs. Then after a brief spell in the lower regions of the Premiership and, 12 managers later,with a huge wage bill....he will sell up after making a nice profit, leaving us in worse debt than we are in now then, relegation.
So which is? Stability, bring a few kids through with a few decent signings over the next year or two...or, sell your soul for 30 pieces of silver.
Supporting Leeds is, unconditional. I tell thee' what, though - If this 'bent as a nine bob note' crazy Italian gets his hands on this club...you thought is was bad under Bates, I dread to think what the future holds for us, with this crookstable pulling the strings. Forget about the academy and, bringing the kids through - owt' decent from TA will be sold for 30 pieces of silver. The majority of the players names will end in i- Brian MOT will probably walk, due to the crazy Italian meddling with team affairs. Then after a brief spell in the lower regions of the Premiership and, 12 managers later,with a huge wage bill....he will sell up after making a nice profit, leaving us in worse debt than we are in now then, relegation.
So which is? Stability, bring a few kids through with a few decent signings over the next year or two...or, sell your soul for 30 pieces of silver.
-
ldsutd
- First Team

- Posts: 1127
- Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:42 am
- Location: LEEDS
a consortium of consortium's
Does anyone else think this is just getting silly. How many people will own bits of our club if this new super consortium buy us?
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Re: a consortium of consortium's
Personally I would rather have a number of people with a serious interest in the club than one crooked megalomaniac answering to nothing but his ego.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
-
Drs.Dad
- Manager

- Posts: 3048
- Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:20 pm
Re: Poll : who would you prefer?
Obobby-bobby wrote:Shame on anyone of you, who is willing play - JUDAS. All for the sake of, a bit of short term success.
Supporting Leeds is, unconditional. I tell thee' what, though - If this 'bent as a nine bob note' crazy Italian gets his hands on this club...you thought is was bad under Bates, I dread to think what the future holds for us, with this crookstable pulling the strings. Forget about the academy and, bringing the kids through - owt' decent from TA will be sold for 30 pieces of silver. The majority of the players names will end in i- Brian MOT will probably walk, due to the crazy Italian meddling with team affairs. Then after a brief spell in the lower regions of the Premiership and, 12 managers later,with a huge wage bill....he will sell up after making a nice profit, leaving us in worse debt than we are in now then, relegation.
So which is? Stability, bring a few kids through with a few decent signings over the next year or two...or, sell your soul for 30 pieces of silver.
I have no idea who you are, Obobby-bobby, but one sure way to get people's backs up is to start throwing insults around. Whether or not anyone on this or any other forum, or any Leeds fan on the street, decides that he or she supported the sale to Cellino is entirely their own business, and no-one elses. To be called a Judas for having a contrary opinion is totally non-democratic, and insulting in the extreme. I would suggest you withdraw your posting asap, I for one will be complaining to the moderators if you do not.

-
mav
- First Team

- Posts: 2340
- Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm
Re: a consortium of consortium's
as long as they have an elected board it will be no different in the running I imagine.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
-
USA LEE
- Reserve Player

- Posts: 348
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:00 am
- Location: Chicago USA
Re: a consortium of consortium's
So GFH were, to buy then sell the club down the line nice, I don't like the idea of all these different owners not healthy for the club. Why cant we find a decent owner who, will fund the club and move forward. We are sleeping giants of English soccer not tin pot club.
Twiggs need you send email for positive new owners around the world - Robert Kraft owner of New England Patriots springs to mind.
Twiggs need you send email for positive new owners around the world - Robert Kraft owner of New England Patriots springs to mind.
- YorkshireSquare
- Administrator

- Posts: 15029
- Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
- Twitter: @motforum
- Location: Leeds
- Contact:
Re: a consortium of consortium's
Probably less people than technically own us now.ldsutd wrote:Does anyone else think this is just getting silly. How many people will own bits of our club if this new super consortium buy us?
GFH-C own the club, with shares held by several other individuals and institutions. Each of these institutions and GFH themselves all have shareholders.
-
MeeTa
- Manager

- Posts: 4456
- Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:41 pm
- Twitter: @EirikOstrem
- Location: A place you cant afford to live
Re: a consortium of consortium's
Guildford White wrote:Personally I would rather have a number of people with a serious interest in the club than one crooked megalomaniac answering to nothing but his ego.
Yes i theory i agree with that. However SC was backed by people from Monaco, Dubai etc and those people are investors who only care for the returns they get on their investment, profit before anything. I find that even worse than Cellino.

- hibbi86
- First Team

- Posts: 1367
- Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:56 pm
- Twitter: @Hibbi86
- Location: Wakefield / London
Re: Poll : who would you prefer?
Ludacris post based on nothing but your own opinions,Obobby-bobby wrote:Shame on anyone of you, who is willing play - JUDAS. All for the sake of, a bit of short term success.
Supporting Leeds is, unconditional. I tell thee' what, though - If this 'bent as a nine bob note' crazy Italian gets his hands on this club...you thought is was bad under Bates, I dread to think what the future holds for us, with this crookstable pulling the strings. Forget about the academy and, bringing the kids through - owt' decent from TA will be sold for 30 pieces of silver. The majority of the players names will end in i- Brian MOT will probably walk, due to the crazy Italian meddling with team affairs. Then after a brief spell in the lower regions of the Premiership and, 12 managers later,with a huge wage bill....he will sell up after making a nice profit, leaving us in worse debt than we are in now then, relegation.
So which is? Stability, bring a few kids through with a few decent signings over the next year or two...or, sell your soul for 30 pieces of silver.
What do you think GFH were in it for to make a tidy profit, what do you think Farnan and his boys will be in it for? let me tell you to make a tidy profit.
To most owners this is a business and its about making money so currently as it stands which is the lesser of the 2 evils?
a group of investors that want to turn a profit?
or a billionaire who wants to turn a profit?
Forever and ever we shall follow are team, because we're Leeds United we rule supreme!
-
Drs.Dad
- Manager

- Posts: 3048
- Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:20 pm
Re: Poll : who would you prefer?
It may be that all the discussion about preferred purchasers is all hot air anyway. I saw a report this morning (but can't find it now) that Cellino says that GFH-C had better not try to go back on the sale, as he had already paid for the 75% shares, and that subject to the FA's Owners and Directors Test acceptance, Leeds United was his. I can believe it, based on his subsequent actions on Friday, if he felt that Leeds was bought and paid for, then he could do what he wanted with the club.

- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Re: Poll : who would you prefer?
I've also seen a report saying that no contracts have been exchanged, so he cannot have paid for it yet.Drs.Dad wrote:It may be that all the discussion about preferred purchasers is all hot air anyway. I saw a report this morning (but can't find it now) that Cellino says that GFH-C had better not try to go back on the sale, as he had already paid for the 75% shares, and that subject to the FA's Owners and Directors Test acceptance, Leeds United was his. I can believe it, based on his subsequent actions on Friday, if he felt that Leeds was bought and paid for, then he could do what he wanted with the club.
All smoke and mirrors, the fans will be the last to know.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
- YorkshireSquare
- Administrator

- Posts: 15029
- Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
- Twitter: @motforum
- Location: Leeds
- Contact:
Re: Poll : who would you prefer?
Obobby-bobby, Drs.Dad, hibbi86 et al. Can we take a step back and remember one of the good things to come out of this situation. Leeds United fans coming together as one on Saturday, getting behind their manager and their team.
Everyone is entitled to their opinions and as long as there are no personal insults flying around we should respect them and debate them sensibly as is the MOT way.
Ok?
Everyone is entitled to their opinions and as long as there are no personal insults flying around we should respect them and debate them sensibly as is the MOT way.
Ok?