New Head Coach LUFC

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
Armleywhite

Re: New Head Coach LUFC

Post by Armleywhite »

barryanorak wrote:

...or pushing agendas.
What agenda's? So it's wrong now to voice an opinion that the new "manager" is a person who's greatest claim to fame is a mid table mediocrity and sacking from a conference side?

Now, I don't expect, just because we're LUFC that we should have the very best manager at a cost that would probably be inhibitive (is that an actual world? Not sure, but it makes a point I think), but I DO expect a level that can push us in the right direction. So, I'm not going to apologise for wanting a bit better for the club I've been supporting for over 40 years. Not only do we have an owner whose more than a tad "dodgy" at best but we now have a manager whose sdkill set is dubious to say the least. Where is the ambition and were constantly told to shut up and put up. Why??
El Es Six
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 345
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:06 pm

Re: New Head Coach LUFC

Post by El Es Six »

Armleywhite wrote: What agenda's? So it's wrong now to voice an opinion that the new "manager" is a person who's greatest claim to fame is a mid table mediocrity and sacking from a conference side?

Now, I don't expect, just because we're LUFC that we should have the very best manager at a cost that would probably be inhibitive (is that an actualy world? Not sure, but it makes apoint I think), but I DO expect a level that can push us in the right direction. So, I'm not going to apologise for wanting a bit better for the club I've been supporting for over 40 years. Not only do we have an owner whose more than a tad "dodgy" at best but we now have a manager whose sdkill set is dubious to say the least. Where is the ambition and were constantly told to shut up and put up. Why??
Exactly.

Here's an article that eloquently says it as I see it - http://thecitytalking.com/sport/2014/6/ ... on-chances
Armleywhite

Re: New Head Coach LUFC

Post by Armleywhite »

El Es Six wrote:
Exactly.

Here's an article that eloquently says it as I see it - http://thecitytalking.com/sport/2014/6/ ... on-chances
Exactly. This made me laugh: “I’ll earn their respect, and they’ll have to earn mine,”
As someone has already stated-arrogant prick. As to Hockaday, he seems very calm and confident. Why wouldn't he, he has nothing whatsoever to lose from this ridiculous appointment.

I'll wish him all the best, but that still doesn't take away from the fact that this is probably the most stupid decision to befall LUFC.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79038
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: New Head Coach LUFC

Post by The Subhuman »

Armleywhite wrote: What agenda's? So it's wrong now to voice an opinion that the new "manager" is a person who's greatest claim to fame is a mid table mediocrity and sacking from a conference side?

Now, I don't expect, just because we're LUFC that we should have the very best manager at a cost that would probably be inhibitive (is that an actual world? Not sure, but it makes a point I think), but I DO expect a level that can push us in the right direction. So, I'm not going to apologise for wanting a bit better for the club I've been supporting for over 40 years. Not only do we have an owner whose more than a tad "dodgy" at best but we now have a manager whose sdkill set is dubious to say the least. Where is the ambition and were constantly told to shut up and put up. Why??

Using a mis-quote to form the basis of an argument I would suggest could be viewed as agenda pushing..
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
Armleywhite

Re: New Head Coach LUFC

Post by Armleywhite »

faaip wrote:

Using a mis-quote to form the basis of an argument I would suggest could be viewed as agenda pushing..
Ahh, fair anough. I didn't see that bit. Apologies..
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: New Head Coach LUFC

Post by becchio bear »

Armleywhite wrote: Exactly. This made me laugh: “I’ll earn their respect, and they’ll have to earn mine,”
As someone has already stated-arrogant prick. As to Hockaday, he seems very calm and confident. Why wouldn't he, he has nothing whatsoever to lose from this ridiculous appointment.

I'll wish him all the best, but that still doesn't take away from the fact that this is probably the most stupid decision to befall LUFC.
From what I could gather he was talking about the players not the fans. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Armleywhite

Re: New Head Coach LUFC

Post by Armleywhite »

becchio bear wrote:
From what I could gather he was talking about the players not the fans. :bear:
Which, is still highly arrogant of him, imo. Those players have proven their mid table championship mediocrity. He has to go a long way to attain such heights.
:wink:
El Es Six
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 345
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:06 pm

Re: New Head Coach LUFC

Post by El Es Six »

Armleywhite wrote: Which, is still highly arrogant of him, imo. Those players have proven their mid table championship mediocrity. He has to go a long way to attain such heights.
:wink:
Hahah!
User avatar
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11608
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:51 am

Re: New Head Coach LUFC

Post by Gandalf »

Armleywhite wrote: Now, I don't expect, just because we're LUFC that we should have the very best manager at a cost that would probably be inhibitive (is that an actual world? Not sure, but it makes a point I think
"Prohibitive" is the word you are looking for
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
Armleywhite

Re: New Head Coach LUFC

Post by Armleywhite »

Gandalf wrote: "Prohibitive" is the word you are looking for
Thanks. I knew it wasn't right, but couldn't think of an alternative.
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: New Head Coach LUFC

Post by becchio bear »

Armleywhite wrote: Which, is still highly arrogant of him, imo. Those players have proven their mid table championship mediocrity. He has to go a long way to attain such heights.
:wink:
Ha ha cheeky :lol: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
User avatar
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 10635
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
Twitter: @MartynStead
Location: and Momentum both uncertain

Re: New Head Coach LUFC

Post by Martyn »

faaip wrote:

Using a mis-quote to form the basis of an argument I would suggest could be viewed as agenda pushing..

If it's a mis-quote then fair enough, I agree - but it was widely reported by the press at the conference.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11810
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: New Head Coach LUFC

Post by Gino 1959 »

Crude wrote:The Hock We Trust. :tup:

Dave "Getting Us out of Hock"-aday

You've been Hocked!

Hock if you Love Leeds!

Hocking On Together!

:tup:
Hock Off :mrgreen:
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
gessa

Re: New Head Coach LUFC

Post by gessa »

The thoughts of a friend of mine, who is an ex pro, he now manages a conference team.

Ges, what's going on mate? I couldn't believe what I was seeing when I saw he was appointed, you're going to be the laughing stock of football with him there, the bloke is a complete joke, He should have been embarrassed applying for the job . honestly mate I am a world away from managing a team like Leeds but I'd do a better job than him,he can't possibly relate to the players at Leeds, I'll guarantee they'll be no respect for him from the players, about 20 minutes after it was announced my chairman phoned and said, have you seen who Leeds have appointed, what a joke.He then told me a few things that went on when he was at Forest Green, which I won't repeat but they were less than complementary to say the least.
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2054
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 10:47 am

Re: New Head Coach LUFC

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

If he was any good surely some club would have picked him up before now.
User avatar
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 10635
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
Twitter: @MartynStead
Location: and Momentum both uncertain

Re: New Head Coach LUFC

Post by Martyn »

He was appointed because he was unemployed and therefore cost nowt.

Remember Cellino didn't want him, he wanted Dolan but he was going to cost compensation. We have just gone for the cheapest option. Even now, scouts are out at Beeston Job Centre looking for his replacement
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
Brader
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1027
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:29 am

Re: New Head Coach LUFC

Post by Brader »

Did anyone see the pre conference ?

Awkward moment wsomeone bought up the fans were expecting someone bigger, like Gary Mac. Then had to inform Cellino that he wasnt actually managing anyone and was a free agent....

Cue 5 minutes of Cellino pulling faces like he couldnt remember if he had locked his front door.
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: New Head Coach LUFC

Post by becchio bear »

Gary Mac was a sh*t manager, wouldn't have wanted him back!! :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
ldj90
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:06 pm
Twitter: @LiamJarman1

Re: New Head Coach LUFC

Post by ldj90 »

Image

Is it just me that thinks there is a resemblance here?

Image


Good luck to David Hockaday, he is certainly going to need it. I will give him a chance as I would with anyone but he is going to have to hit the ground running if he is to get the fans on side.

Those thoughts of a friend don't sound too positive though Ges!!
gessa

Re: New Head Coach LUFC

Post by gessa »

ldj90 wrote:Image

Is it just me that thinks there is a resemblance here?

Image


Good luck to David Hockaday, he is certainly going to need it. I will give him a chance as I would with anyone but he is going to have to hit the ground running if he is to get the fans on side.

Those thoughts of a friend don't sound too positive though Ges!!
Like you Liam, I will give him a chance, no option but to really. It was the way my mate said it as much as what he said that made my heart sink.
Post Reply