So How Many Players Do You Expect Cellino To Sign....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155191
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

So How Many Players Do You Expect Cellino To Sign....

Post by 1964white »

before the kick-off of the new season ?
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: So How Many Players Do You Expect Cellino To Sign....

Post by becchio bear »

I don't know but I would prefer quality over quantity :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
User avatar
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 10635
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
Twitter: @MartynStead
Location: and Momentum both uncertain

Re: So How Many Players Do You Expect Cellino To Sign....

Post by Martyn »

Who knows? It's risky to use the words "expect" and "Cellino" in the same sentence.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
User avatar
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 16442
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am

Re: So How Many Players Do You Expect Cellino To Sign....

Post by HarryofOz »

10 and a half, the half being Morison's return from loan.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155191
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: So How Many Players Do You Expect Cellino To Sign....

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote:I don't know but I would prefer quality over quantity :bear:
Indeed BB :tup:
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155191
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: So How Many Players Do You Expect Cellino To Sign....

Post by 1964white »

Guildford White wrote:Who knows? It's risky to use the words "expect" and "Cellino" in the same sentence.
:lol: :lol:
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155191
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: So How Many Players Do You Expect Cellino To Sign....

Post by 1964white »

HarryofOz wrote:10 and a half, the half being Morison's return from loan.
That many :shock:
User avatar
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 16442
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am

Re: So How Many Players Do You Expect Cellino To Sign....

Post by HarryofOz »

1964white wrote:
That many :shock:
Well maybe not that many but I expect he will spend the dosh early.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155191
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: So How Many Players Do You Expect Cellino To Sign....

Post by 1964white »

HarryofOz wrote:
Well maybe not that many but I expect he will spend the dosh early.
Hope so but he may not wish to pay out salaries too early especially after all the cut-backs, although we are only six weeks away from the start of the season !
User avatar
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 16442
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am

Re: So How Many Players Do You Expect Cellino To Sign....

Post by HarryofOz »

1964white wrote:
Hope so but he may not wish to pay out salaries too early especially after all the cut-backs, although we are only six weeks away from the start of the season !
With all the money he got from the sale of Cagliari I think he will take some risks, If he spends too little after that huge influx of cash he will face a mini revolt if we struggle. I don't expect big money signings but I do expect quite a few signings of goodish quality to get his reign off on the right foot.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
User avatar
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 10635
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
Twitter: @MartynStead
Location: and Momentum both uncertain

Re: So How Many Players Do You Expect Cellino To Sign....

Post by Martyn »

HarryofOz wrote:
With all the money he got from the sale of Cagliari I think he will take some risks, If he spends too little after that huge influx of cash he will face a mini revolt if we struggle. I don't expect big money signings but I do expect quite a few signings of goodish quality to get his reign off on the right foot.
I like your optimism Harry, but I think we've seen with his choice of head coach that cheap trumps good.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
User avatar
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 16442
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am

Re: So How Many Players Do You Expect Cellino To Sign....

Post by HarryofOz »

Guildford White wrote:
I like your optimism Harry, but I think we've seen with his choice of head coach that cheap trumps good.
Strangely enough I do expect some good news on the player front. The coach is different as Cellino wants someone who will do as he says and be easy to sack if need be. That meant no big name or even medium name would do.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
User avatar
hibbi86
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1367
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:56 pm
Twitter: @Hibbi86
Location: Wakefield / London

Re: So How Many Players Do You Expect Cellino To Sign....

Post by hibbi86 »

Im going to take a punt on 7 new faces coming through the door, 5 of which will be from abroad.

I think thats the amount of players we need to improve on last years results granted that those 7 possess the quality to play football on the floor rather than in the air.
Forever and ever we shall follow are team, because we're Leeds United we rule supreme!
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19698
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: So How Many Players Do You Expect Cellino To Sign....

Post by weasel »

I'm guessing on unknown players from abroad or players that are currently in the conference or have been in there recently so will have been seen by the new coach. From what I read and hear about Cellino he is more likely to buy one million players at £1 than 1 * £1m signing. Sort of like the policy we adopted in League 1 where we gambled on a lot of unknown freebies/low fee signings in the hope that 1 or 2 might be the hidden gems.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
ldsutd
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1127
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:42 am
Location: LEEDS

Re: So How Many Players Do You Expect Cellino To Sign....

Post by ldsutd »

I am thinking 6 players and two around the £900.000- to a £mill mark and the rest cheaper workman like players. I think he would rather spend on players rather than coaching staff because he can sell players if it doesn't work out but he gets nothing back on a sacked coach lol
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155191
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: So How Many Players Do You Expect Cellino To Sign....

Post by 1964white »

hibbi86 wrote:Im going to take a punt on 7 new faces coming through the door, 5 of which will be from abroad.

I think thats the amount of players we need to improve on last years results granted that those 7 possess the quality to play football on the floor rather than in the air.
Hopefully those 7 who play football on the floor will replace all the hoofers :lol:
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155191
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: So How Many Players Do You Expect Cellino To Sign....

Post by 1964white »

ldsutd wrote:I am thinking 6 players and two around the £900.000- to a £mill mark and the rest cheaper workman like players. I think he would rather spend on players rather than coaching staff because he can sell players if it doesn't work out but he gets nothing back on a sacked coach lol
True the hapless McDermott is on a real good screw still earning two salaries from Reading & LUFC
User avatar
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 13923
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois

Re: So How Many Players Do You Expect Cellino To Sign....

Post by John in Louisiana »

Actually, Weasel, if we want players the new coach is familiar with, they'll have to come from Aldershot or Torquay. I think Cellino will pick the new players without giving any thought to what Hockaday thinks of them.
ldsutd
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1127
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:42 am
Location: LEEDS

Re: So How Many Players Do You Expect Cellino To Sign....

Post by ldsutd »

John in Louisiana wrote:Actually, Weasel, if we want players the new coach is familiar with, they'll have to come from Aldershot or Torquay. I think Cellino will pick the new players without giving any thought to what Hockaday thinks of them.
This :tup:
User avatar
Crude
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5674
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
Location: 'Merica

Re: So How Many Players Do You Expect Cellino To Sign....

Post by Crude »

Cellino knows decent players, he's kept Cagliari up in Serie A mostly during his tenure. Coaches, maybe not, but not afraid to wield the chop and change axe when things need a different direction. Good or bad, we'll see how that works in England.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
Post Reply