By all means Antenucci showing all the right attributes for being a great striker, but danhirons hits the nail on the head regarding his age and career in Serie B. However, with a better team behind him than Ross had, he should easily surpass Ross' tally of 28 goals and 8 assists last season. Then we'll start comparing their impacts. Until then, don't think we should be piling that much pressure on Antenucci, as you forever say, let's give him time and get behind him.1964white wrote:McCormack fans won't like that comment Danwhere are Fulham in the championship
Antenucci....
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- theleedsmango
- First Team

- Posts: 1948
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:32 pm
Re: Antenucci....
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155415
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Antenucci....
I doubt any of our current forwards will score 28 goals this season even though they have more quality in their locker.theleedsmango wrote:
By all means Antenucci showing all the right attributes for being a great striker, but danhirons hits the nail on the head regarding his age and career in Serie B. However, with a better team behind him than Ross had, he should easily surpass Ross' tally of 28 goals and 8 assists last season. Then we'll start comparing their impacts. Until then, don't think we should be piling that much pressure on Antenucci, as you forever say, let's give him time and get behind him.
Ross would not have surpassed his amazing tally even if had of stayed at Leeds, i doubt he'll ever score that amount of goals in a season again in his career. Antenucci is more of a team player with pace & more about his game, defends from the front unlike Ross who restricted us playing any formation other than two upfront. I can see why the Cottagers signed Smith with my reasoning in mind....big man, little man syndrome
- weasel
- Superstar

- Posts: 19705
- Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
- Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet
Re: Antenucci....
"He is the new Allan Clarke, Mick Jones, Tony Yeboah and Brian Deane rolled into one and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets called up to the Italian international side and bangs in upwards of 50 goals during qualifying" unnamed forum based source
Must admit I do like what I have seen from Antenucci. I like strikers who know how to hold onto the ball and have the awareness of where their fellow players are without having to resort to hopeful flicks etc. I try not to go overboard too early with players, unlike some on here, but he looks like the key man to link midfield and attack (or defence and attack in the 1-2-1 run with Belluci) as he can drop deep but he also has the pace to play along the back line. At this stage it is great that he has scored already as confidence is key for strikers and you can see in his body language that he is enjoying playing, as do all the players.
Must admit I do like what I have seen from Antenucci. I like strikers who know how to hold onto the ball and have the awareness of where their fellow players are without having to resort to hopeful flicks etc. I try not to go overboard too early with players, unlike some on here, but he looks like the key man to link midfield and attack (or defence and attack in the 1-2-1 run with Belluci) as he can drop deep but he also has the pace to play along the back line. At this stage it is great that he has scored already as confidence is key for strikers and you can see in his body language that he is enjoying playing, as do all the players.
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155415
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Antenucci....
"Unlike some on here"weasel wrote:"He is the new Allan Clarke, Mick Jones, Tony Yeboah and Brian Deane rolled into one and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets called up to the Italian international side and bangs in upwards of 50 goals during qualifying" unnamed forum based source
Must admit I do like what I have seen from Antenucci. I like strikers who know how to hold onto the ball and have the awareness of where their fellow players are without having to resort to hopeful flicks etc. I try not to go overboard too early with players, unlike some on here, but he looks like the key man to link midfield and attack (or defence and attack in the 1-2-1 run with Belluci) as he can drop deep but he also has the pace to play along the back line. At this stage it is great that he has scored already as confidence is key for strikers and you can see in his body language that he is enjoying playing, as do all the players.
You've more or less agreed with me Weasel....you have to remember i see these players every week, i know my Adam Clayton comment after the West Ham game at Upton Park will come back to haunt me forever but please god i'm hopefully right on my assessment of our new No.34
- HarryofOz
- Superstar

- Posts: 16442
- Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
Re: Antenucci....
Can we praise Antenucci without rubbishing McCormack who had a very good scoring record with us and Smith who also did well when he played.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155415
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Antenucci....
Not rubbishing McCormack or SmithHarryofOz wrote:Can we praise Antenucci without rubbishing McCormack who had a very good scoring record with us and Smith who also did well when he played.
Just stating a fact & my opinion on Ross....Faaip, Riot & several mates of mine you don't know all share the same opinion as me
Ross is a good player who did exceptionally well last season. Smith also did well too in his first season with LUFC but there is no way he would fit in with the new style Leeds are playing now !
- weasel
- Superstar

- Posts: 19705
- Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
- Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet
Re: Antenucci....
I think RMc would do well in the current side as he did get himself into good positions, that said the money we got was great business and he was always a bit hit and miss and no guarantee he could get close to the heights he reached last season goals wise. I liked Smith but like others have mentioned he is limited in what he can do, but at the right team is a hell of a threat. With us not really having wingers his threat is certainly diminished - as such both sales made good sense. Antenucci and Doukara both look good additions and the big question mark now is how Sharp fits in, always seemed more of a Hockaday signing than part of Cellino's vision but is certainly capable of scoring goals. Morisson's attitude has impressed me this summer and he may have a part to play and then of course there is also Montenegro who we have yet to see. Our attacking options are very promising on paper and now on the pitch too as we have started to create chances with our possession and our style/game plan is developing nicely.
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
-
Norm
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 6930
- Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 2:51 am
- Location: SW Missouri USA
Re: Antenucci....
Frustration alley for me. I hear about all these wonderful things happening but can't seem to see any of it.
Never mind, our Leeds is fully functioning again.
Please let us not forget who has made this happen!
MC isn't such a dunce after all is he?
I'm not a worshipper but I'm highly satisfied with our lot, and hope to see Harvey somehow defeated.
Never mind, our Leeds is fully functioning again.
Please let us not forget who has made this happen!
MC isn't such a dunce after all is he?
I'm not a worshipper but I'm highly satisfied with our lot, and hope to see Harvey somehow defeated.
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: Antenucci....
How come you "haven't seen any of it"?? Our games this month have all been streamed live.Norm wrote:Frustration alley for me. I hear about all these wonderful things happening but can't seem to see any of it.
Never mind, our Leeds is fully functioning again.
Please let us not forget who has made this happen!
MC isn't such a dunce after all is he?![]()
I'm not a worshipper but I'm highly satisfied with our lot, and hope to see Harvey somehow defeated.
And I don't just want to see Harvey defeated - I want to see him totally run out of football and have his slimy head kicked in, along the way.
-
Norm
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 6930
- Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 2:51 am
- Location: SW Missouri USA
Re: Antenucci....
- because, in this (technically) 4th world country that is the rural MidWest, I don't have the download speed for smooth streaming and cannot download video to be seen later. It's also why I gave up on LUTV!!!Twiggster wrote:
How come you "haven't seen any of it"?? Our games this month have all been streamed live.
And I don't just want to see Harvey defeated - I want to see him totally run out of football and have his slimy head kicked in, along the way.
I agree about F*ckwit Harvey.
- Gurj
- Manager

- Posts: 2755
- Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 am
- Location: Birmingham
Re: Antenucci....
Hear Hear.HarryofOz wrote:Can we praise Antenucci without rubbishing McCormack who had a very good scoring record with us and Smith who also did well when he played.
Why do we have to insist players who depart LUFC, on good terms or not, are rubbish while their replacements are instant gods ?!
I am absolutely delighted at the current form shown by Antenucci, Doukara, Et all but lets see where we are in 6-8 games time before we start to acclaim these guys as the new Tony Yeboah's/JFH/Allan Clarke - they have to show much much more yet to get anywhere into that class and remember those guys did it at the very highest level, not against the Huddersfield and Bournemouth's of this world.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79124
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Antenucci....
weasel wrote:I think RMc would do well in the current side as he did get himself into good positions, that said the money we got was great business and he was always a bit hit and miss and no guarantee he could get close to the heights he reached last season goals wise. I liked Smith but like others have mentioned he is limited in what he can do, but at the right team is a hell of a threat. With us not really having wingers his threat is certainly diminished - as such both sales made good sense. Antenucci and Doukara both look good additions and the big question mark now is how Sharp fits in, always seemed more of a Hockaday signing than part of Cellino's vision but is certainly capable of scoring goals. Morisson's attitude has impressed me this summer and he may have a part to play and then of course there is also Montenegro who we have yet to see. Our attacking options are very promising on paper and now on the pitch too as we have started to create chances with our possession and our style/game plan is developing nicely.
I'm done talking about Ross after this post. I made him player of the season last season but I also think he was a big part of what went wrong. We've moved on, we'll never know whether he would have been beneficial to the team this season or not ..but I suspect the latter.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
-
mav
- First Team

- Posts: 2340
- Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm
Re: Antenucci....
What I have seen makes me think Sharp would benefit a huge amount from playing along side him even if it is working off scraps......
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
-
scuudz
- Reserve Player

- Posts: 307
- Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 10:47 pm
Re: Antenucci....
I finally got to watch a game this season, and what a game it was. Antenucci is a definite asset up front. His pass to Bellusci was absolutely fantastic. Also, in his finish, he had the presence of mind to hit it into the ground so it would go over the defender. Very cool head.
The one different feeling I have this season is that we have very good (quality) depth in the squad. Last season, if we had lost Ross to injury, it would have been a big loss. However, I don't feel the same about any player this season.
Arguably, the player with the biggest hype associated with him this season, Adryan, hasn't played any part this season so far. I'm still trying not to get carried away though. We are beating teams we should be beating. October will be a tougher test when we play Wednesday, Norwich and Wolves.
The one different feeling I have this season is that we have very good (quality) depth in the squad. Last season, if we had lost Ross to injury, it would have been a big loss. However, I don't feel the same about any player this season.
Arguably, the player with the biggest hype associated with him this season, Adryan, hasn't played any part this season so far. I'm still trying not to get carried away though. We are beating teams we should be beating. October will be a tougher test when we play Wednesday, Norwich and Wolves.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79124
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Antenucci....
Very big improvement on Antendechi
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155415
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Antenucci....
And so you should be delighted after these two posts you posted up about Massimo only a few weeks ago. To label Cellino a joke who is arguably the best owner/chairman we've had in a long time is completely out of order. He saved our club from going bust once again, built a new squad of quality players that would be able to compete in the championship. No other chairman would have got £11m for Ross. He is a clever man & certainly is not a joke in my mind & i haven't witnessed any circus or clowns at ER this season !Gurj wrote:
Hear Hear.
Why do we have to insist players who depart LUFC, on good terms or not, are rubbish while their replacements are instant gods ?!
I am absolutely delighted at the current form shown by Antenucci, Doukara, Et all but lets see where we are in 6-8 games time before we start to acclaim these guys as the new Tony Yeboah's/JFH/Allan Clarke - they have to show much much more yet to get anywhere into that class and remember those guys did it at the very highest level, not against the Huddersfield and Bournemouth's of this world.
a) "Pathetic, just as many of us feared.
Still Cellino will continue to be a hero to many.
Run a club like a circus and the team will play like clowns"
b) "Cellino is a total joke"
As for rubbishing Ross just read my above posts on this page again, in no way have i slagged McCormack off. Like Faaip i also had McCormack down as Player of the 2013/14 Season, there were no other choices to be quite frank !
- Gurj
- Manager

- Posts: 2755
- Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 am
- Location: Birmingham
Re: Antenucci....
Hahaha........Leon, I am always happy to eat humble pie :mrgreen: when proven wrong However, lets get things clear, those posts of mine were made after Cellino's utterly stupid decision to appoint Hockaday a man so out of he's depth that a clown and circus at that time were apt descriptions !!!
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155415
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Antenucci....
Gurj i firmly believe Cellino employed Hock (who totally lacks the attributes of championship coach but was a nice man) as a man to get the players fit for the new season which he did admirally whilst Cellino/Salerno got on with task of building a new squad which was desperately required. MC didn't require a Warnock/McDermott type of a manager who would bring in average players on long-term contracts as both he & Salerno have a much better eye for talented players than Colin/BM put together. Now he has brought in a coach who has maanged in the Champions League & his CV suggests he's a winner.Gurj wrote:Hahaha........Leon, I am always happy to eat humble pie :mrgreen: when proven wrong However, lets get things clear, those posts of mine were made after Cellino's utterly stupid decision to appoint Hockaday a man so out of he's depth that a clown and circus at that time were apt descriptions !!!
We wait & see !
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Antenucci....
Yes Leon, we've heard your theory before, but it still makes no sense.
If you want to get players fit you hire a fitness coach, you don't make him head coach, thereby guaranteeing a bad start to the season. But if it makes you happy, by all means go on believing it.
I'll stick to the more obvious theory that Cellino was simply continuing his 22 year record of choosing poor coaches.
If you want to get players fit you hire a fitness coach, you don't make him head coach, thereby guaranteeing a bad start to the season. But if it makes you happy, by all means go on believing it.
I'll stick to the more obvious theory that Cellino was simply continuing his 22 year record of choosing poor coaches.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155415
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Antenucci....
Negativity prevails with you Martyn as provened with the Darko threadGuildford White wrote:Yes Leon, we've heard your theory before, but it still makes no sense.
If you want to get players fit you hire a fitness coach, you don't make him head coach, thereby guaranteeing a bad start to the season. But if it makes you happy, by all means go on believing it.
I'll stick to the more obvious theory that Cellino was simply continuing his 22 year record of choosing poor coaches.
The guy hasn't even warmed his seat at ER yet & already negative thoughts are being thrown around like confetti !
Antenucci, Mirco