Well.....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155130
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Well.....

Post by 1964white »

It's boring on here today

I'm off to York :-D
andywatson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 490
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:18 pm

Re: Well.....

Post by andywatson »

Is that for the snooker?

My 5 year old son dragged me there last week- he had a great time. Would have been there again this weekend, but Neil Robertson got beaten mid week, so he didn't want to go any more. I have had to sooth the pain- we are off to find a snooker club with a full size table for him this afternoon!
Wise.......well lets just say I TOLD YOU SO
LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3873
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:22 pm
Twitter: lufcrace
Location: Wakefield
Contact:

Re: Well.....

Post by LUFCRACE »

Love York, great city! Chilly though...
BRING BACK BRADDERS

Image
International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth
Image
gessa

Re: Well.....

Post by gessa »

LUFCRACE wrote:Love York, great city! Chilly though...
Remember going there for a few days between Christmas and New Year once, one of the coldest experiences of my life, the pubs were selling as much hot chocolate as alcohol.The minster did look beautiful though, with all the build up of frost on the surrounding trees.
User avatar
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 4012
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:08 pm
Twitter: @richleeds64
Location: Leeds LS27

Re: Well.....

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Great place to spend a day. Lots of places to eat and some lovely shops. I can recommend "Rustique " on Castlegate, a small French restaurant, 2 courses £13.95 or 3 for £15.95. Never dissappoints.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5801
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm
Location: Newcastle

Re: Well.....

Post by Genghers »

Love York too. Took my girlfriend there for her birthday weekend this year and ate at the Blue Bicycle which was excellent!

I'm stuck in the library doing an assignment today after doing half a pub crawl yesterday... Not my most productive day!
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14622
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: Well.....

Post by hector »

I was posted to York in the mid 80's... many memories of the place.. :shock:
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
andywatson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 490
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:18 pm

Re: Well.....

Post by andywatson »

I do remember going out with a girl from your, so ended up going around town a few times. It was the only place ever that someone started on me with the classic "what the F-ing hell are you looking at?" line.

I seem to remember him becoming quite irate when I started laughing at him. :roflmao:
Wise.......well lets just say I TOLD YOU SO
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155130
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Well.....

Post by 1964white »

LUFCRACE wrote:Love York, great city! Chilly though...
Wind chill very cold today Lulu
User avatar
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 16442
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am

Re: Well.....

Post by HarryofOz »

York is great, visit it every time I;m upover.

Time before last I was walking along the cobbled streets when I heard a young woman with an American accent behind me say....'oooh a Starbucks'.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
User avatar
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2461
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:49 pm
Location: Rochester Kent

Well.....

Post by Bakerjamessteven »

I've had some great days and nights out in York, love the place, not been for years, need to visit
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155130
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Well.....

Post by 1964white »

Various Christmas presents purchased today

Bought Mrs 64 a stylish short skirt in Monsoon & some gorgeous underwear in M&S :lol:

Mrs 64 treated me to a thick wool jumper with zipper at top....popped into HMV and to my surprise found four cd's on my Christmas wish list at good prices 2 for £15....checked Amazon my phone realising it was time to buy now so Mrs 64 did the dutiful thing & came up with the dosh rather than buy me Amazon vouchers as i requested a few weeks ago :-D

War On Drugs - Lost In The Dream
Sharon Van Etten - Are We There
Polar Bear - In Each and Every One (jazz)
Go Go Penguin - v2.0 (jazz)

Then the real treat of the day as ate at one of our favourite places Bettys

We both started off with a glass of mulled wine to warm us up

then.....bacon & rachelle rosti

finishing off with.....warm treacle tart in golden syrup sauce with ice-cream

DELICIOUS !

Headed home back to the wolds singing along to 10cc Very Best Of cd :sing:
User avatar
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 13914
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois

Re: Well.....

Post by John in Louisiana »

HarryofOz wrote:York is great, visit it every time I;m upover.

Time before last I was walking along the cobbled streets when I heard a young woman with an American accent behind me say....'oooh a Starbucks'.
Ouch. On behalf of all Americans, I apologise. For both the young lady and the Starbuck's.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
User avatar
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 16442
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am

Re: Well.....

Post by HarryofOz »

John in Louisiana wrote:
Ouch. On behalf of all Americans, I apologise. For both the young lady and the Starbuck's.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
LOL

Of course there is that Australian rugby league player who when asked if he'd enjoyed his holiday in Prague complained that there were no betting shops
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Armleywhite

Well.....

Post by Armleywhite »

John in Louisiana wrote:
Ouch. On behalf of all Americans, I apologise. For both the young lady and the Starbuck's.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Apology accepted for the young lady but you can go bollocsk as far as Starbucks is concerned. Your going to have to grovel with that one :)
LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3873
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:22 pm
Twitter: lufcrace
Location: Wakefield
Contact:

Re: Well.....

Post by LUFCRACE »

Armleywhite wrote: Apology accepted for the young lady but you can go bollocsk as far as Starbucks is concerned. Your going to have to grovel with that one :)
and it's going to take a LOT of grovelling... :-D
BRING BACK BRADDERS

Image
International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth
Image
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155130
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Well.....

Post by 1964white »

LUFCRACE wrote:
and it's going to take a LOT of grovelling... :-D
Does Armlet do the grovelling thing :lol:
User avatar
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 10635
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
Twitter: @MartynStead
Location: and Momentum both uncertain

Well.....

Post by Martyn »

Armlet? Some form of mediaeval-gothic fantasy decoration for the bicep?

I think the groveller in question was our Louisianan friend
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
Post Reply