Best Song Poll - RESULTS
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- lufc1304
- Superstar

- Posts: 14818
- Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
- Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
- Location: Lisburn, N.I
Re: Best Song Poll - NOMINATE NOW !
Miles Davis
Flamenco Sketches
Nick Drake
Pink moon
River Man
Public Image Ltd
Public Image
Flowers of Romance
Squeeze
Take me, I'm yours
Labelled With Love
Velvet Underground
Heroin
Run Run Run
The Who
Love Reign O'er Me
5.15
Flamenco Sketches
Nick Drake
Pink moon
River Man
Public Image Ltd
Public Image
Flowers of Romance
Squeeze
Take me, I'm yours
Labelled With Love
Velvet Underground
Heroin
Run Run Run
The Who
Love Reign O'er Me
5.15
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Re: Best Song Poll - NOMINATE NOW !
Miles
Concierto de Aranjuez
Blue in Green
Concierto de Aranjuez
Blue in Green
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Re: Best Song Poll - NOMINATE NOW !
Sandy Denny
Who Knows Where The Time Goes?
The North Star Grassman And The Ravens
Who Knows Where The Time Goes?
The North Star Grassman And The Ravens
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
- Durly
- First Team

- Posts: 2339
- Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:11 pm
Re: Best Song Poll - NOMINATE NOW !
One of my favourite pieces of music ever.Martyn wrote:Miles
Concierto de Aranjuez
Blue in Green

- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Re: Best Song Poll - NOMINATE NOW !
I listen to that and I can see and feel the heat and dust of SpainDurly wrote:
One of my favourite pieces of music ever.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155334
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: BEST SONG POLL - NOMINATE NOW
BEST SONG POLL
upto 2 nominations in each poll
NOMINATE NOW
George Benson
The world is a Ghetto
This Masquerade
Jon Anderson
I Hear You Now
Play Within A Play
LL Cool J
Loretta Lynn
Lou Reed
Walk On The Wild Side
Satellite of Love
Mama's & Papas
Dedicated To The One I Love
California Dreamin’
Creque Alley
Dedicated to the one I love
Monday Monday
Make Your Own Kind Of Music
Megadeth
Miles Davis
So What
Freddie Freeloader
Flamenco Sketches
Concierto de Aranjuez
Blue in Green
National
Daughters of the Soho Riots
Karen
Fake Empires
Mr November
Nick Drake
Time Has Told Me
Cello Song
Pink moon
River Man
Public Image Ltd
This Is Not A Love Song
Rise
Sandy Denny
Who Knows Where The Time Goes?
The North Star Grassman And The Ravens
Southern Death Cult
Squeeze
Cool For Cats
Up The Junction
Another Nail in my heart
Pulling Mussels
Take me, I'm yours
Labelled With Love
Steve Howe
Clap
Strokes
Supertramp
School
Crime of the Century
Asylum
Rudy
A Fools Overture
Ain't Nobody but Me
Tina Turner
Nutbush City Limits
River Deep- Mountain High
Tricky
Upsetters
Velvet Underground
Sunday Morning
Venus in Furs
I'm Waiting For The Man
Heroin
Run Run Run
Wally
The Martyr
To The Urban Man
War
The World is a Ghetto
Four Cornered Room
Whitesnake
Here I Go Again
Crying In The RainWalking
In The Shadow Of The Blues
Ain't Gonna Cry No More
Blind man
Don't Break My Heart Again
Who
Won’t Get Fooled Again
Who Are You
Baba O'Reily
Behind Blue Eyes
Join Together
My Generation
Love Reign O'er Me
5.15
Wizzard
See My Baby Jive
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Maps
Date with the Night
Zagar
NOMINATED : Billie, Faaip, Ges, Gandi
upto 2 nominations in each poll
NOMINATE NOW
George Benson
The world is a Ghetto
This Masquerade
Jon Anderson
I Hear You Now
Play Within A Play
LL Cool J
Loretta Lynn
Lou Reed
Walk On The Wild Side
Satellite of Love
Mama's & Papas
Dedicated To The One I Love
California Dreamin’
Creque Alley
Dedicated to the one I love
Monday Monday
Make Your Own Kind Of Music
Megadeth
Miles Davis
So What
Freddie Freeloader
Flamenco Sketches
Concierto de Aranjuez
Blue in Green
National
Daughters of the Soho Riots
Karen
Fake Empires
Mr November
Nick Drake
Time Has Told Me
Cello Song
Pink moon
River Man
Public Image Ltd
This Is Not A Love Song
Rise
Sandy Denny
Who Knows Where The Time Goes?
The North Star Grassman And The Ravens
Southern Death Cult
Squeeze
Cool For Cats
Up The Junction
Another Nail in my heart
Pulling Mussels
Take me, I'm yours
Labelled With Love
Steve Howe
Clap
Strokes
Supertramp
School
Crime of the Century
Asylum
Rudy
A Fools Overture
Ain't Nobody but Me
Tina Turner
Nutbush City Limits
River Deep- Mountain High
Tricky
Upsetters
Velvet Underground
Sunday Morning
Venus in Furs
I'm Waiting For The Man
Heroin
Run Run Run
Wally
The Martyr
To The Urban Man
War
The World is a Ghetto
Four Cornered Room
Whitesnake
Here I Go Again
Crying In The RainWalking
In The Shadow Of The Blues
Ain't Gonna Cry No More
Blind man
Don't Break My Heart Again
Who
Won’t Get Fooled Again
Who Are You
Baba O'Reily
Behind Blue Eyes
Join Together
My Generation
Love Reign O'er Me
5.15
Wizzard
See My Baby Jive
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Maps
Date with the Night
Zagar
NOMINATED : Billie, Faaip, Ges, Gandi
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155334
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Best Song Poll - NOMINATE NOW !
No Zagar Nominations from you Faaip ??faaip wrote:Supertramp -
A Fools Overture
Ain't Nobody but Me
War (great band)
The World is a Ghetto
Four Cornered Room (everyone knows the above...go listen to this)
YYY
Maps
Date with the Night
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Best Song Poll - NOMINATE NOW !
Who
My Generation
See Me, Feel Me
My Generation
See Me, Feel Me
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155334
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: BEST SONG POLL - NOMINATE NOW
BEST SONG POLL
upto 2 nominations in each poll
NOMINATE NOW
George Benson
The world is a Ghetto
This Masquerade
Jon Anderson
I Hear You Now
Play Within A Play
LL Cool J
Loretta Lynn
Lou Reed
Walk On The Wild Side
Satellite of Love
Mama's & The Papas
Dedicated To The One I Love
California Dreamin’
Creque Alley
Dedicated to the one I love
Monday Monday
Make Your Own Kind Of Music
Megadeth
Miles Davis
So What
Freddie Freeloader
Flamenco Sketches
Concierto de Aranjuez
Blue in Green
National
Daughters of the Soho Riots
Karen
Fake Empires
Mr November
Nick Drake
Time Has Told Me
Cello Song
Pink moon
River Man
Public Image Ltd
This Is Not A Love Song
Rise
Public Image
Flowers of Romance
Sandy Denny
Who Knows Where The Time Goes?
The North Star Grassman And The Ravens
Southern Death Cult
Squeeze
Cool For Cats
Up The Junction
Another Nail in my heart
Pulling Mussels
Take me, I'm yours
Labelled With Love
Steve Howe
Clap
Strokes
Supertramp
School
Crime of the Century
Asylum
Rudy
A Fools Overture
Ain't Nobody but Me
Tina Turner
Nutbush City Limits
River Deep- Mountain High
Tricky
Upsetters
Velvet Underground
Sunday Morning
Venus in Furs
I'm Waiting For The Man
Heroin
Run Run Run
Wally
The Martyr
To The Urban Man
War
The World is a Ghetto
Four Cornered Room
Whitesnake
Here I Go Again
Crying In The RainWalking
In The Shadow Of The Blues
Ain't Gonna Cry No More
Blind man
Don't Break My Heart Again
Who
Won’t Get Fooled Again
Who Are You
Baba O'Reily
Behind Blue Eyes
Join Together
My Generation
Love Reign O'er Me
5.15
My Generation
See Me, Feel Me
Wizzard
See My Baby Jive
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Maps
Date with the Night
Zagar
NOMINATED : Billie, Faaip, Ges, Gandi, Martyn, 1304
upto 2 nominations in each poll
NOMINATE NOW
George Benson
The world is a Ghetto
This Masquerade
Jon Anderson
I Hear You Now
Play Within A Play
LL Cool J
Loretta Lynn
Lou Reed
Walk On The Wild Side
Satellite of Love
Mama's & The Papas
Dedicated To The One I Love
California Dreamin’
Creque Alley
Dedicated to the one I love
Monday Monday
Make Your Own Kind Of Music
Megadeth
Miles Davis
So What
Freddie Freeloader
Flamenco Sketches
Concierto de Aranjuez
Blue in Green
National
Daughters of the Soho Riots
Karen
Fake Empires
Mr November
Nick Drake
Time Has Told Me
Cello Song
Pink moon
River Man
Public Image Ltd
This Is Not A Love Song
Rise
Public Image
Flowers of Romance
Sandy Denny
Who Knows Where The Time Goes?
The North Star Grassman And The Ravens
Southern Death Cult
Squeeze
Cool For Cats
Up The Junction
Another Nail in my heart
Pulling Mussels
Take me, I'm yours
Labelled With Love
Steve Howe
Clap
Strokes
Supertramp
School
Crime of the Century
Asylum
Rudy
A Fools Overture
Ain't Nobody but Me
Tina Turner
Nutbush City Limits
River Deep- Mountain High
Tricky
Upsetters
Velvet Underground
Sunday Morning
Venus in Furs
I'm Waiting For The Man
Heroin
Run Run Run
Wally
The Martyr
To The Urban Man
War
The World is a Ghetto
Four Cornered Room
Whitesnake
Here I Go Again
Crying In The RainWalking
In The Shadow Of The Blues
Ain't Gonna Cry No More
Blind man
Don't Break My Heart Again
Who
Won’t Get Fooled Again
Who Are You
Baba O'Reily
Behind Blue Eyes
Join Together
My Generation
Love Reign O'er Me
5.15
My Generation
See Me, Feel Me
Wizzard
See My Baby Jive
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Maps
Date with the Night
Zagar
NOMINATED : Billie, Faaip, Ges, Gandi, Martyn, 1304
- billie1
- First Team

- Posts: 1299
- Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:13 pm
- Location: Gloucestershire
Re: Best Song Poll - NOMINATE NOW !
My Generation has been nominated twice .
-
Genghers
- Superstar

- Posts: 5801
- Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm
- Location: Newcastle
Re: Best Song Poll - NOMINATE NOW !
Lou Reed
Perfect Day
I'm So Free
Megadeth
Peace Sells
Hangar 18
Miles Davis
Buzzard Song
Bitches Brew
The National
I Need My Girl
Bloodbuzz Ohio
The Strokes
Reptilia
You Only Live Once
Supertramp
Breakfast in America
Tina Turner
The Best
Can't Stand The Rain
The Who
Pinball Wizard
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Gold Lion
Pin
Perfect Day
I'm So Free
Megadeth
Peace Sells
Hangar 18
Miles Davis
Buzzard Song
Bitches Brew
The National
I Need My Girl
Bloodbuzz Ohio
The Strokes
Reptilia
You Only Live Once
Supertramp
Breakfast in America
Tina Turner
The Best
Can't Stand The Rain
The Who
Pinball Wizard
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Gold Lion
Pin
- lufc1304
- Superstar

- Posts: 14818
- Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
- Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
- Location: Lisburn, N.I
Re: Best Song Poll - NOMINATE NOW !
Leon, you haven't added in my PIL noms. Must have been a senior moment!!!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Re: Best Song Poll - NOMINATE NOW !
Lou Reed
Vicious
Sweet Jane
(Sweet Jane was originally a Velvet Underground track but he completely reworked it for his Rock n Roll Animal album - does this count? If not, I'll nominate Street Hassle)
Vicious
Sweet Jane
(Sweet Jane was originally a Velvet Underground track but he completely reworked it for his Rock n Roll Animal album - does this count? If not, I'll nominate Street Hassle)
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
- Durly
- First Team

- Posts: 2339
- Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:11 pm
Re: Best Song Poll - NOMINATE NOW !
Miles Davis (virtually impossible this.)
Milestones
Solea
Nick Drake
Day Is Done
Northern Sky
Public Image Ltd
Albatross
Poptones
Southern Death Cult
Moya
Fat Man
Tricky
Ponderosa
Aftermath
Will come back with more nominations soon. Some terrific artists on this set of nominations.
Milestones
Solea
Nick Drake
Day Is Done
Northern Sky
Public Image Ltd
Albatross
Poptones
Southern Death Cult
Moya
Fat Man
Tricky
Ponderosa
Aftermath
Will come back with more nominations soon. Some terrific artists on this set of nominations.

- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Re: Best Song Poll - NOMINATE NOW !
My fault - replace with Pictures of Lily please Leonbillie1 wrote:My Generation has been nominated twice .
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Re: Best Song Poll - NOMINATE NOW !
Velvets
White Light / White Heat
All Tomorrow's Parties
White Light / White Heat
All Tomorrow's Parties
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
- Durly
- First Team

- Posts: 2339
- Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:11 pm
Re: Best Song Poll - NOMINATE NOW !
Definitely. Although, bizarrely it also reminds me of Christmas, as many years ago my wife bought me a deluxe version of 'Sketches of Spain' for a festive pressie and I insisted on playing the whole thing whilst we had Xmas dinner.Martyn wrote:
I listen to that and I can see and feel the heat and dust of Spain

- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155334
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Best Song Poll - NOMINATE NOW !
Apologies Nick, plenty of those moments thesedayslufc1304 wrote:Leon, you haven't added in my PIL noms. Must have been a senior moment!!!
Amended
Listening to PIL today
- Baby Lemonade
- Reserve Player

- Posts: 372
- Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:08 am
Re: Best Song Poll - NOMINATE NOW !
Velvet Underground...
Candy Says
Who Loves The Sun
Candy Says
Who Loves The Sun
- Baby Lemonade
- Reserve Player

- Posts: 372
- Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:08 am
Re: Best Song Poll - NOMINATE NOW !
Strokes...
Under Control
Take It Or Leave It
Under Control
Take It Or Leave It