Best Song Poll - RESULTS
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- Baby Lemonade
- Reserve Player

- Posts: 372
- Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:08 am
Re: Best Song Poll - NOMINATE NOW !
Megadeth...
Loved To Death
Killing Is My Business....And Business Is Good
Loved To Death
Killing Is My Business....And Business Is Good
- Baby Lemonade
- Reserve Player

- Posts: 372
- Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:08 am
Re: Best Song Poll - NOMINATE NOW !
Who...so tough!
Whiskey Man
I Can't Explain
Whiskey Man
I Can't Explain
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155367
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Best Song Poll - NOMINATE NOW !
Exceedingly tough mate, so many great songsBaby Lemonade wrote:Who...so tough!
Whiskey Man
I Can't Explain
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155367
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: BEST SONG POLL - NOMINATE NOW
BEST SONG POLL
upto 2 nominations in each poll
NOMINATE NOW
George Benson
The world is a Ghetto
This Masquerade
Jon Anderson
I Hear You Now
Play Within A Play
LL Cool J
Loretta Lynn
Lou Reed
Walk On The Wild Side
Satellite of Love
Perfect Day
I'm So Free
Vicious
Sweet Jane
Mama's & The Papas
Dedicated To The One I Love
California Dreamin’
Creque Alley
Dedicated to the one I love
Monday Monday
Make Your Own Kind Of Music
Megadeth
Peace Sells
Hangar 18
Loved To Death
Killing Is My Business....And Business Is Good
Miles Davis
So What
Freddie Freeloader
Flamenco Sketches
Concierto de Aranjuez
Blue in Green
Buzzard Song
Bitches Brew
Milestones
Solea
National
Daughters of the Soho Riots
Karen
Fake Empires
Mr November
I Need My Girl
Bloodbuzz Ohio
Nick Drake
Time Has Told Me
Cello Song
Pink moon
River Man
Day Is Done
Northern Sky
Public Image Ltd
This Is Not A Love Song
Rise
Public Image
Flowers of Romance
Albatross
Poptones
Sandy Denny
Who Knows Where The Time Goes?
The North Star Grassman And The Ravens
Southern Death CultMoya
Fat Man
Squeeze
Cool For Cats
Up The Junction
Another Nail in my heart
Pulling Mussels
Take me, I'm yours
Labelled With Love
Steve Howe
Clap
Strokes
Reptilia
You Only Live Once
Under Control
Take It Or Leave It
Supertramp
School
Crime of the Century
Asylum
Rudy
A Fools Overture
Ain't Nobody but Me
Breakfast in America
Tina Turner
Nutbush City Limits
River Deep- Mountain High
The Best
Can't Stand The Rain
Tricky
Ponderosa
Aftermath
Upsetters
Velvet Underground
Sunday Morning
Venus in Furs
I'm Waiting For The Man
Heroin
Run Run Run
White Light / White Heat
All Tomorrow's Parties
Candy Says
Who Loves The Sun
Wally
The Martyr
To The Urban Man
War
The World is a Ghetto
Four Cornered Room
Whitesnake
Here I Go Again
Crying In The RainWalking
In The Shadow Of The Blues
Ain't Gonna Cry No More
Blind man
Don't Break My Heart Again
Who
Won’t Get Fooled Again
Who Are You
Baba O'Reily
Behind Blue Eyes
Join Together
My Generation
Love Reign O'er Me
5.15
Pictures of Lily
See Me, Feel Me
Pinball Wizard
Whiskey Man
I Can't Explain
Wizzard
See My Baby Jive
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Maps
Date with the Night
Gold Lion
Pin
Zagar
NOMINATED : Billie, BL, Durly, Faaip, Genghers, Ges, Gandi, Martyn, 1304
upto 2 nominations in each poll
NOMINATE NOW
George Benson
The world is a Ghetto
This Masquerade
Jon Anderson
I Hear You Now
Play Within A Play
LL Cool J
Loretta Lynn
Lou Reed
Walk On The Wild Side
Satellite of Love
Perfect Day
I'm So Free
Vicious
Sweet Jane
Mama's & The Papas
Dedicated To The One I Love
California Dreamin’
Creque Alley
Dedicated to the one I love
Monday Monday
Make Your Own Kind Of Music
Megadeth
Peace Sells
Hangar 18
Loved To Death
Killing Is My Business....And Business Is Good
Miles Davis
So What
Freddie Freeloader
Flamenco Sketches
Concierto de Aranjuez
Blue in Green
Buzzard Song
Bitches Brew
Milestones
Solea
National
Daughters of the Soho Riots
Karen
Fake Empires
Mr November
I Need My Girl
Bloodbuzz Ohio
Nick Drake
Time Has Told Me
Cello Song
Pink moon
River Man
Day Is Done
Northern Sky
Public Image Ltd
This Is Not A Love Song
Rise
Public Image
Flowers of Romance
Albatross
Poptones
Sandy Denny
Who Knows Where The Time Goes?
The North Star Grassman And The Ravens
Southern Death CultMoya
Fat Man
Squeeze
Cool For Cats
Up The Junction
Another Nail in my heart
Pulling Mussels
Take me, I'm yours
Labelled With Love
Steve Howe
Clap
Strokes
Reptilia
You Only Live Once
Under Control
Take It Or Leave It
Supertramp
School
Crime of the Century
Asylum
Rudy
A Fools Overture
Ain't Nobody but Me
Breakfast in America
Tina Turner
Nutbush City Limits
River Deep- Mountain High
The Best
Can't Stand The Rain
Tricky
Ponderosa
Aftermath
Upsetters
Velvet Underground
Sunday Morning
Venus in Furs
I'm Waiting For The Man
Heroin
Run Run Run
White Light / White Heat
All Tomorrow's Parties
Candy Says
Who Loves The Sun
Wally
The Martyr
To The Urban Man
War
The World is a Ghetto
Four Cornered Room
Whitesnake
Here I Go Again
Crying In The RainWalking
In The Shadow Of The Blues
Ain't Gonna Cry No More
Blind man
Don't Break My Heart Again
Who
Won’t Get Fooled Again
Who Are You
Baba O'Reily
Behind Blue Eyes
Join Together
My Generation
Love Reign O'er Me
5.15
Pictures of Lily
See Me, Feel Me
Pinball Wizard
Whiskey Man
I Can't Explain
Wizzard
See My Baby Jive
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Maps
Date with the Night
Gold Lion
Pin
Zagar
NOMINATED : Billie, BL, Durly, Faaip, Genghers, Ges, Gandi, Martyn, 1304
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79102
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Best Song Poll - NOMINATE NOW !
for the second time I get the same song by different artists into the same poll....
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155367
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Best Song Poll - NOMINATE NOW !
Benson/Warfaaip wrote:for the second time I get the same song by different artists into the same poll....
Any Zagar nominations forthcoming from you ?
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79102
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Best Song Poll - NOMINATE NOW !
not from me ..no
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155367
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Best Song Poll - NOMINATE NOW !
I have a Zagar 2cd set sitting on my shelves here & i'm almost certain you recommmended this Hungarian electronic band to us all about three years agofaaip wrote:not from me ..no
- hector
- Moderator

- Posts: 14652
- Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
- Location: In a wood
Re: Best Song Poll - NOMINATE NOW !
Noms from the sunless south ....
Jon Anderson
I'll find my way home
Loretta Lynn
Rose garden
Squeeze
Tempted
Supertramp
dreamer
bloody well right
Whitesnake
Ain't no love in the heart of the city
Mistreated
Who
Magic bus
Boris the Spider
That is it Leon,,, all others either nominated or I don't know them.
Cheers
Jon Anderson
I'll find my way home
Loretta Lynn
Rose garden
Squeeze
Tempted
Supertramp
dreamer
bloody well right
Whitesnake
Ain't no love in the heart of the city
Mistreated
Who
Magic bus
Boris the Spider
That is it Leon,,, all others either nominated or I don't know them.
Cheers
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79102
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Best Song Poll - NOMINATE NOW !
Don't remember a band called Zager, don't think it was me who recommended them.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155367
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Best Song Poll - NOMINATE NOW !
Youtube them which may help the memory boxfaaip wrote:Don't remember a band called Zager, don't think it was me who recommended them.
Only a select few on here enjoy electronic music by modern bands & you are one of the few !
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79102
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Best Song Poll - NOMINATE NOW !
1964white wrote:
Youtube them which may help the memory boxi'm generally spot on with who has recommended albums to me.
Only a select few on here enjoy electronic music by modern bands & you are one of the few !
I've checked the MD thread here and waccoe and nothing comes up...
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155367
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Best Song Poll - NOMINATE NOW !
Wouldn't be waccoe as it was released in 2010, i purchased it in 2011faaip wrote:
I've checked the MD thread here and waccoe and nothing comes up...
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155367
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Best Song Poll - NOMINATE NOW !
BINGOfaaip wrote:
I've checked the MD thread here and waccoe and nothing comes up...
Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread
Postby faaip on 08 Sep 2011, 22:35
revie-era wrote:
Faaip
Really enjoyed the Zagar track
Never heard it before, any more info plz
Hungarian I think ,it's off Cannot Walk fly instead, it's the only one of theirs I own, I fist heard them doing some soundtrack work for CSI
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79102
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Best Song Poll - NOMINATE NOW !
then that's as far as I got...well and truly forgotten now.That's the problem with itunes, if you lose it it's gone.I reckon I'm about 20 albums and several talking books down...Can't find the Diane Birch either.
Really don't remember Zagar at all
Really don't remember Zagar at all
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155367
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Best Song Poll - NOMINATE NOW !
I don't have that problem as i still buy all my music on cd, then i upload the albums onto my iPodsfaaip wrote:then that's as far as I got...well and truly forgotten now.That's the problem with itunes, if you lose it it's gone.I reckon I'm about 20 albums and several talking books down...Can't find the Diane Birch either.
Really don't remember Zagar at all
There are still youtube clips of Zagar which may jog your memory
It was quite fun returning to those pages in the early MD days with many big players regularly posting then such as Riot, Gino, CSA, Revie, even Silky, Emsley & a few others use to post on the music threads. Our very own Dr use to post often as did Crude.....good times
Anyway thank you for the recommendation, i'm still loving the Zagar album
- billie1
- First Team

- Posts: 1299
- Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:13 pm
- Location: Gloucestershire
Re: Best Song Poll - NOMINATE NOW !
I think Mistreated is a Deep Purple track from " Burn " . I saw Whitesnake at Hammersmith Odeon on the Come An' Get It tour . Coverdale did perform Mistreated together with Soldier of Fortune as a mini medley . It was brilliant . Both were Coverdale Purple era songs thoughhector wrote:Noms from the sunless south
Whitesnake
Ain't no love in the heart of the city
Mistreated
Cheers
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155367
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Best Song Poll - NOMINATE NOW !
You are correct mate, thanks for that information Billiebillie1 wrote:
I think Mistreated is a Deep Purple track from " Burn " . I saw Whitesnake at Hammersmith Odeon on the Come An' Get It tour . Coverdale did perform Mistreated together with Soldier of Fortune as a mini medley . It was brilliant . Both were Coverdale Purple era songs though
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155367
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: BEST SONG POLL - NOMINATE NOW
BEST SONG POLL
upto 2 nominations in each poll
NOMINATE NOW
George Benson
The World Is A Ghetto
This Masquerade
Jon Anderson
I Hear You Now
Play Within A Play
I'll Find My Way Home
LL Cool J
Loretta Lynn
Rose Garden
Lou Reed
Walk On The Wild Side
Satellite Of Love
Perfect Day
I'm So Free
Vicious
Sweet Jane
Mama's & The Papas
Dedicated To The One I Love
California Dreamin’
Creque Alley
Dedicated To The One I Love
Monday Monday
Make Your Own Kind Of Music
Megadeth
Peace Sells
Hangar 18
Loved To Death
Killing Is My Business....And Business Is Good
Miles Davis
So What
Freddie Freeloader
Flamenco Sketches
Concierto De Aranjuez
Blue in Green
Buzzard Song
Bitches Brew
Milestones
Solea
National
Daughters Of The Soho Riots
Karen
Fake Empires
Mr November
I Need My Girl
Bloodbuzz Ohio
Nick Drake
Time Has Told Me
Cello Song
Pink Moon
River Man
Day Is Done
Northern Sky
Public Image Ltd
This Is Not A Love Song
Rise
Public Image
Flowers of Romance
Albatross
Poptones
Sandy Denny
Who Knows Where The Time Goes?
The North Star Grassman And The Ravens
Southern Death Cult
Moya
Fat Man
Squeeze
Cool For Cats
Up The Junction
Another Nail in my heart
Pulling Mussels
Take me, I'm yours
Labelled With Love
Tempted
Steve Howe
Clap
Strokes
Reptilia
You Only Live Once
Under Control
Take It Or Leave It
Supertramp
School
Crime Of The Century
Asylum
Rudy
A Fools Overture
Ain't Nobody But Me
Breakfast In America
Dreamer
Bloody Well Right
Tina Turner
Nutbush City Limits
River Deep- Mountain High
The Best
Can't Stand The Rain
Tricky
Ponderosa
Aftermath
Upsetters
Velvet Underground
Sunday Morning
Venus iI Furs
I'm Waiting For The Man
Heroin
Run Run Run
White Light / White Heat
All Tomorrow's Parties
Candy Says
Who Loves The Sun
Wally
The Martyr
To The Urban Man
War
The World is a Ghetto
Four Cornered Room
Whitesnake
Here I Go Again
Crying In The RainWalking
In The Shadow Of The Blues
Ain't Gonna Cry No More
Blind man
Don't Break My Heart Again
Ain't no love in the heart of the city
Who
Won’t Get Fooled Again
Who Are You
Baba O'Reily
Behind Blue Eyes
Join Together
My Generation
Love Reign O'er Me
5.15
Pictures of Lily
See Me, Feel Me
Pinball Wizard
Whiskey Man
I Can't Explain
Magic bus
Boris the Spider
Wizzard
See My Baby Jive
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Maps
Date With The Night
Gold Lion
Pin
Zagar
NOMINATED : Billie, BL, Durly, Faaip, Genghers, Ges, Gandi, Hector, Martyn, 1304
upto 2 nominations in each poll
NOMINATE NOW
George Benson
The World Is A Ghetto
This Masquerade
Jon Anderson
I Hear You Now
Play Within A Play
I'll Find My Way Home
LL Cool J
Loretta Lynn
Rose Garden
Lou Reed
Walk On The Wild Side
Satellite Of Love
Perfect Day
I'm So Free
Vicious
Sweet Jane
Mama's & The Papas
Dedicated To The One I Love
California Dreamin’
Creque Alley
Dedicated To The One I Love
Monday Monday
Make Your Own Kind Of Music
Megadeth
Peace Sells
Hangar 18
Loved To Death
Killing Is My Business....And Business Is Good
Miles Davis
So What
Freddie Freeloader
Flamenco Sketches
Concierto De Aranjuez
Blue in Green
Buzzard Song
Bitches Brew
Milestones
Solea
National
Daughters Of The Soho Riots
Karen
Fake Empires
Mr November
I Need My Girl
Bloodbuzz Ohio
Nick Drake
Time Has Told Me
Cello Song
Pink Moon
River Man
Day Is Done
Northern Sky
Public Image Ltd
This Is Not A Love Song
Rise
Public Image
Flowers of Romance
Albatross
Poptones
Sandy Denny
Who Knows Where The Time Goes?
The North Star Grassman And The Ravens
Southern Death Cult
Moya
Fat Man
Squeeze
Cool For Cats
Up The Junction
Another Nail in my heart
Pulling Mussels
Take me, I'm yours
Labelled With Love
Tempted
Steve Howe
Clap
Strokes
Reptilia
You Only Live Once
Under Control
Take It Or Leave It
Supertramp
School
Crime Of The Century
Asylum
Rudy
A Fools Overture
Ain't Nobody But Me
Breakfast In America
Dreamer
Bloody Well Right
Tina Turner
Nutbush City Limits
River Deep- Mountain High
The Best
Can't Stand The Rain
Tricky
Ponderosa
Aftermath
Upsetters
Velvet Underground
Sunday Morning
Venus iI Furs
I'm Waiting For The Man
Heroin
Run Run Run
White Light / White Heat
All Tomorrow's Parties
Candy Says
Who Loves The Sun
Wally
The Martyr
To The Urban Man
War
The World is a Ghetto
Four Cornered Room
Whitesnake
Here I Go Again
Crying In The RainWalking
In The Shadow Of The Blues
Ain't Gonna Cry No More
Blind man
Don't Break My Heart Again
Ain't no love in the heart of the city
Who
Won’t Get Fooled Again
Who Are You
Baba O'Reily
Behind Blue Eyes
Join Together
My Generation
Love Reign O'er Me
5.15
Pictures of Lily
See Me, Feel Me
Pinball Wizard
Whiskey Man
I Can't Explain
Magic bus
Boris the Spider
Wizzard
See My Baby Jive
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Maps
Date With The Night
Gold Lion
Pin
Zagar
NOMINATED : Billie, BL, Durly, Faaip, Genghers, Ges, Gandi, Hector, Martyn, 1304
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155367
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Best Song Poll - 10 Nominated So Far !
Post up your nominations