LEEDS in Brazil!!!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- bloomy
- Youth Team

- Posts: 115
- Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 4:37 pm
- Location: Brazil
- Contact:
LEEDS in Brazil!!!
Hi everyone!!!
Just wanted to let you know that the Muddlesboro v LEEDS UNITED will be on TV in my living room in Brazil tomorrow (Sat) at 10a.m.,so anyone who fancies popping in to watch the game with me is welcome!!!
MOT!!!!!
Just wanted to let you know that the Muddlesboro v LEEDS UNITED will be on TV in my living room in Brazil tomorrow (Sat) at 10a.m.,so anyone who fancies popping in to watch the game with me is welcome!!!
MOT!!!!!
I love Leeds United
- YorkshireSquare
- Administrator

- Posts: 15038
- Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
- Twitter: @motforum
- Location: Leeds
- Contact:
Re: LEEDS in Brazil!!!
What's the time difference, just 2 hours behind UK? Would have expected it to me more.
- bloomy
- Youth Team

- Posts: 115
- Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 4:37 pm
- Location: Brazil
- Contact:
Re: LEEDS in Brazil!!!
Yes,but when you change to British Summertime we do the opposite here making it 4 hours behind you.
I love Leeds United
-
Norm
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 6930
- Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 2:51 am
- Location: SW Missouri USA
Re: LEEDS in Brazil!!!
South America is deceptive in that, longitudinally, it is much closer to the UK than North America.
Brazil has a mean longitude of, say, 45 degrees, whereas the nearest point in the US (Maine) to the UK is about 75 degrees.
Brazil has a mean longitude of, say, 45 degrees, whereas the nearest point in the US (Maine) to the UK is about 75 degrees.
-
Norm
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 6930
- Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 2:51 am
- Location: SW Missouri USA
Re: LEEDS in Brazil!!!
Bloomy, it's interesting to note you joined this site 1 day after me in 2003.
Like me you haven't been a continuous contributor but it's good to see you posting old son.
Brazil's a bloody big country - if you don't mind me asking, whereabouts in Brazil do you live?
Like me you haven't been a continuous contributor but it's good to see you posting old son.
Brazil's a bloody big country - if you don't mind me asking, whereabouts in Brazil do you live?
-
andywatson
- Reserve Player

- Posts: 490
- Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:18 pm
Re: LEEDS in Brazil!!!
There was a problem a few years back that lost loads of posts/counts if I remember correctly. I'm pretty sure I remember Bloomy posting quite regularly a while back.Norm wrote:Bloomy, it's interesting to note you joined this site 1 day after me in 2003.
Like me you haven't been a continuous contributor but it's good to see you posting old son.
Brazil's a bloody big country - if you don't mind me asking, whereabouts in Brazil do you live?
Wise.......well lets just say I TOLD YOU SO
-
Norm
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 6930
- Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 2:51 am
- Location: SW Missouri USA
Re: LEEDS in Brazil!!!
Andy that probably affected me too. It's not really a problem except it would have been nice in a way to visit some past posts.
Ah well! C'est la vie!
Ah well! C'est la vie!
- weasel
- Superstar

- Posts: 19698
- Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
- Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet
Re: LEEDS in Brazil!!!
Pop the kettle on me and Cellino will be arriving on Nelie in the morning.bloomy wrote:Hi everyone!!!
Just wanted to let you know that the Muddlesboro v LEEDS UNITED will be on TV in my living room in Brazil tomorrow (Sat) at 10a.m.,so anyone who fancies popping in to watch the game with me is welcome!!!
MOT!!!!!
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
- bloomy
- Youth Team

- Posts: 115
- Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 4:37 pm
- Location: Brazil
- Contact:
Re: LEEDS in Brazil!!!
Norm wrote:Bloomy, it's interesting to note you joined this site 1 day after me in 2003.
Like me you haven't been a continuous contributor but it's good to see you posting old son.
Brazil's a bloody big country - if you don't mind me asking, whereabouts in Brazil do you live?
Hi Norm,I'm in Sao Roque City which is in the State of Sao Paulo in South East Brazil.40 miles from the state capital.
Have you ever been down here Norm?
I love Leeds United
- bloomy
- Youth Team

- Posts: 115
- Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 4:37 pm
- Location: Brazil
- Contact:
Re: LEEDS in Brazil!!!
andywatson wrote:
There was a problem a few years back that lost loads of posts/counts if I remember correctly. I'm pretty sure I remember Bloomy posting quite regularly a while back.
Hi Mr Watson,
Yes,perhaps some of my post got lost.I have been posting & reading Leeds posts for a long time & have been a LEEDS FAN even longer! I have been a Leeds fan so long that I even remember watching a Leeds v huddersfield at Elland Rd from "behind a Floodlight Pylon".So that is a long time,HA!
I love Leeds United
- bloomy
- Youth Team

- Posts: 115
- Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 4:37 pm
- Location: Brazil
- Contact:
Re: LEEDS in Brazil!!!
Ok,you are on!One sugar or two?weasel wrote:
Pop the kettle on me and Cellino will be arriving on Nelie in the morning.
I love Leeds United
- weasel
- Superstar

- Posts: 19698
- Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
- Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet
Re: LEEDS in Brazil!!!
Depends on the size of your mugs. Unfortunately the Football League have heard that Cellino is coming to watch and they have now banned the TVs from showing the match in Brazil.bloomy wrote:
Ok,you are on!One sugar or two?
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
- bloomy
- Youth Team

- Posts: 115
- Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 4:37 pm
- Location: Brazil
- Contact:
Re: LEEDS in Brazil!!!
Don't worry Mr Weasel,come by yourself & you can have a Leeds mug all to yourself!!!!weasel wrote:
Depends on the size of your mugs. Unfortunately the Football League have heard that Cellino is coming to watch and they have now banned the TVs from showing the match in Brazil.
I love Leeds United
-
Norm
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 6930
- Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 2:51 am
- Location: SW Missouri USA
Re: LEEDS in Brazil!!!
No mate, I wouldn't have minded coming down last summer for a month but I couldn't afford the fare never mind the accommodation and match tickets. Plus I'd have had to learn at least a modicum of Portuguese - although given all the rest that may have been the easiest part.bloomy wrote:
Hi Norm,I'm in Sao Roque City which is in the State of Sao Paulo in South East Brazil.40 miles from the state capital.
Have you ever been down here Norm?
Did you manage to get to any of the games? I expect it would have been a lot less hassle watching it all on telly like we did.
- bloomy
- Youth Team

- Posts: 115
- Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 4:37 pm
- Location: Brazil
- Contact:
Re: LEEDS in Brazil!!!
No Norm,I didn't go to any of the World Cup games.It was too expensive.I watched it all from the comfort of my front room.The same way as I'll watch our LEEDS today!!!
Maybe you'll make it down here in the future.It would be nice to meet up & see a game down here!!!!
Maybe you'll make it down here in the future.It would be nice to meet up & see a game down here!!!!
I love Leeds United
-
Norm
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 6930
- Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 2:51 am
- Location: SW Missouri USA
Re: LEEDS in Brazil!!!
I never rule anything out in life, Bloomy.
Living here for the last 18 years came out of left field but you adapt to suit.
I've still got faint thoughts of Leeds playing in some 'World Club' championship sometime. It's a stretch atm but nothing's impossible.
Living here for the last 18 years came out of left field but you adapt to suit.
I've still got faint thoughts of Leeds playing in some 'World Club' championship sometime. It's a stretch atm but nothing's impossible.
- bloomy
- Youth Team

- Posts: 115
- Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 4:37 pm
- Location: Brazil
- Contact:
Re: LEEDS in Brazil!!!
So are you actually from the USA Norm?It says you live there on here?
Would be great if Leeds played a game or two down here though!!!
Would be great if Leeds played a game or two down here though!!!
I love Leeds United
-
Norm
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 6930
- Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 2:51 am
- Location: SW Missouri USA
Re: LEEDS in Brazil!!!
I'm from Wakefield originally.bloomy wrote:
So are you actually from the USA Norm?It says you live there on here?
Would be great if Leeds played a game or two down here though!!!
I met a US Navy lass from this area in London '82. She moved to Ilford in '84 and we moved back here in '96.
I'm proud to be bilingual btw, tyke and redneck.
- woodfordwhites
- First Team

- Posts: 1838
- Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:07 pm
- Location: east london
Re: LEEDS in Brazil!!!
Ilford , what a dump.bet your glad to leave thereNorm wrote: I'm from Wakefield originally.
I met a US Navy lass from this area in London '82. She moved to Ilford in '84 and we moved back here in '96.
I'm proud to be bilingual btw, tyke and redneck.
-
Norm
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 6930
- Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 2:51 am
- Location: SW Missouri USA
Re: LEEDS in Brazil!!!
It wasn't too bad when I moved there but by the time we left in '96 the best feature was the road out.woodfordwhites wrote:
Ilford , what a dump.bet your glad to leave there
A disturbing religion appeared to be gaining more of a stronghold and any good points about living in the East End were being obscured.