OFFICIAL SIGNED

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79200
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: OFFICIAL SIGNED

Post by The Subhuman »

drsdadsotherson wrote:
I heard Birkir Bjarnason once too.

The guy behind me was trying to speak whilst eating toffee.

Phillip Pullman bear surely
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79200
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: OFFICIAL SIGNED

Post by The Subhuman »

Crude wrote:Level of giddyness at 7/10, so far.

Switch to an imported beer, that should send you to 10
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1948
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:32 pm

Re: OFFICIAL SIGNED

Post by theleedsmango »

drsdadsotherson wrote:Nice to see us working quickly in the transfer market. I'm especially chuffed to see Bamba sign as he's a known entity that can do a job for us.
Still not officially signed. Just plenty of strong rumours that he is likely to sign tomorrow. All could change within that time as we well and truly know.

Getting Bamba on a permanent would at least ensure we've still got the strongest of our squad from last season (provided no one moves on of course.) We still need to bolster up and improve the team, and get those illusive pacy, goal scoring wingers that no other team knows about.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
danhirons
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3881
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:21 pm

Re: OFFICIAL SIGNED

Post by danhirons »

reported 3-500k compensation

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33082824

expensive for a player with only a handful of first team appearances...
andywatson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 490
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:18 pm

Re: OFFICIAL SIGNED

Post by andywatson »

Crude wrote:Level of giddyness at 7/10, so far.
Really?

I'm not sure why.

A reserve goalkeeper. (yes, we needed one)
A player who already played for us (doesn't mean I don't think he was worth resigning, but it doesn't move the squad forwards, if you see what I mean).
A Scottish (lower end of the table) premiership player who scored 5 goals in 34 league games. (Not exactly world shattering stats).

I'm feeling more "meh".

Still waiting for the signing that will have me believing the squad will be significantly better next season.
Wise.......well lets just say I TOLD YOU SO
User avatar
Crude
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5674
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
Location: 'Merica

Re: OFFICIAL SIGNED

Post by Crude »

andywatson wrote:
Really?

I'm not sure why.

A reserve goalkeeper. (yes, we needed one)
A player who already played for us (doesn't mean I don't think he was worth resigning, but it doesn't move the squad forwards, if you see what I mean).
A Scottish (lower end of the table) premiership player who scored 5 goals in 34 league games. (Not exactly world shattering stats).

I'm feeling more "meh".

Still waiting for the signing that will have me believing the squad will be significantly better next season.
I would also include Rosler, and staff; and Pearson, and Redders back at the academy. Some real football people in significant jobs at the club for a change. So it's not just all about the players signed.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
andywatson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 490
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:18 pm

Re: OFFICIAL SIGNED

Post by andywatson »

Crude wrote:I would also include Rosler, and staff; and Pearson, and Redders back at the academy. Some real football people in significant jobs at the club for a change. So it's not just all about the players signed.
Fair enough. I would agree the off field signings have been of a better standard than the on field signings so far.
Wise.......well lets just say I TOLD YOU SO
User avatar
hibbi86
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1367
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:56 pm
Twitter: @Hibbi86
Location: Wakefield / London

Re: OFFICIAL SIGNED

Post by hibbi86 »

Signing Number 3

SOL BAMBA :-D
Forever and ever we shall follow are team, because we're Leeds United we rule supreme!
User avatar
drsdadsotherson
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1689
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 11:44 pm

Re: OFFICIAL SIGNED

Post by drsdadsotherson »

hibbi86 wrote:Signing Number 3

SOL BAMBA :-D
Much happies. :-D
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5801
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm
Location: Newcastle

Re: OFFICIAL SIGNED

Post by Genghers »

Pleased that it's finally confirmed. Especially as after the comments he made at the end of the season a lot of us thought Cellino wouldn't want him.

Lets hope the next few signings are as decent as this :tup:
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155450
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: OFFICIAL SIGNED

Post by 1964white »

Genghers wrote:Pleased that it's finally confirmed. Especially as after the comments he made at the end of the season a lot of us thought Cellino wouldn't want him.

Lets hope the next few signings are as decent as this :tup:
I don't see why not, as a club we are progressing forward under Cellino :-D

Our fans read far too much into certain things that the media dishes up about LUFC
danhirons
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3881
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:21 pm

Re: OFFICIAL SIGNED

Post by danhirons »

1964white wrote:
I don't see why not, as a club we are progressing forward under Cellino :-D

Our fans read far too much into certain things that the media dishes up about LUFC
I love the optimism....however....I don't really see how we've progressed at all under cellino - onto our fifth manager already in a year and a half, finished 15th in the league two seasons in a row, our squad (as it stands) is actually slightly weaker than how we finished at the end of last season, nobody has any idea how rosler will do - after all he was sacked in his last role etc. etc. Unless we make 3 or 4 really good signings I can't see us finishing anywhere above mid table next season
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155450
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: OFFICIAL SIGNED

Post by 1964white »

danhirons wrote:
I love the optimism....however....I don't really see how we've progressed at all under cellino - onto our fifth manager already in a year and a half, finished 15th in the league two seasons in a row, our squad (as it stands) is actually slightly weaker than how we finished at the end of last season, nobody has any idea how rosler will do - after all he was sacked in his last role etc. etc. Unless we make 3 or 4 really good signings I can't see us finishing anywhere above mid table next season
Shall i say our future looks much healthier than it did a couple of seasons ago when we were plodding along with a bunch of has-beens/L1 players in the main with our club in serious financial debt again.

We are now implementing a structure within the club starting with better resources at the top. We've signed a leader at the back on a two year deal & two promising young players so far with more to come, i call that progress :-D
mav
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2340
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: OFFICIAL SIGNED

Post by mav »

danhirons wrote:
I love the optimism....however....I don't really see how we've progressed at all under cellino - onto our fifth manager already in a year and a half, finished 15th in the league two seasons in a row, our squad (as it stands) is actually slightly weaker than how we finished at the end of last season, nobody has any idea how rosler will do - after all he was sacked in his last role etc. etc. Unless we make 3 or 4 really good signings I can't see us finishing anywhere above mid table next season
We also have a number of players from abroad who should now be settled into the team so them should all improve especially due to the average age.

We have two players from the youth who have a season in them as first team players who should also push on from here.

Also we have a coaching structure that should enable the young players to develop as much as the can.

I think we have every reason to be happy right now, if however these 3 signings are it come september that would change.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
User avatar
woodfordwhites
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1838
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:07 pm
Location: east london

Re: OFFICIAL SIGNED

Post by woodfordwhites »

ALL LEEDS ARNT WE :)
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2669
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:39 pm

Re: OFFICIAL SIGNED

Post by paddy parrott »

Good signing big Sol Bamba , and by some accounts Charlie Horton is one to watch out for.
I recently talked with a welsh chap and heard very sound reports.
He said that Jurgen Klinnsman loves the boy and that he's, going to the very top.
Ricb76
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:32 pm

Re: OFFICIAL SIGNED

Post by Ricb76 »

I wish we'd sign a new owner.
User avatar
woodfordwhites
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1838
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:07 pm
Location: east london

Re: OFFICIAL SIGNED

Post by woodfordwhites »

:tdown:
Ricb76 wrote:I wish we'd sign a new owner.
User avatar
woodfordwhites
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1838
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:07 pm
Location: east london

Re: OFFICIAL SIGNED

Post by woodfordwhites »

Young goalkeeper Eric Rico Grimes has signed a new one-year deal at lufc.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155450
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: OFFICIAL SIGNED

Post by 1964white »

Ricb76 wrote:I wish we'd sign a new owner.
You may eat your words as time passes on Ric. Cellino is a major improvement on previous owners in a long time !
Post Reply