5 reasons why Uwe Rosler needs time, do you agree?
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- Oscar
- First Team

- Posts: 1475
- Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:14 pm
5 reasons why Uwe Rosler needs time, do you agree?
I have heard a quite a few fans saying they want Uwe Rosler sacked and a lot of fans saying he must win on Saturday etc. I disagree with that and here are 5 reasons why:
1. The start to the season we have been given (fixture wise) before October we will have already played 3 of last seasons top 6 plus Derby (who I think have the best squad in the league) and Burnley (who were premier league last season). Add in a yorkshire derby vs Sheffield Wednsday and 2 tricky away games verses Reading and Bristol City, it really has been a tough start. I know the saying there are no easy games in the championship but I feel that during our first 10 games (on paper) we have already had to play at least 4 very difficult games. Whilst from October to January 2nd I feel 8 of those 16 games our winnable (on paper) but they won't be easy, so I feel Uwe deserves the time to try and get us more wins during this 16 game spell between October and January.
2. We have only lost one game, compared to previous seasons after 7 league games we had lost: in 2014-15 3 games, 2013-14 2 games, 2012-13 3 games, 2011-12 3 games and 2010-11 2 games. This shows that losing 1 in 7 is a reasonable achievement. In my opinion there is no way you can want a manager sacked if they have lost 1 game out of their first 8 (in all competitions.)
3. Don't forget where Leeds have finished the last 4 seasons ..... bottom half of the table it is not like Uwe has joined a club which has been knocking on the door of promotion for the last 4 seasons.
4. Many fans I have spoken to expect the top 6 or a massive play off push. I don't think this is realistic as (on paper) in my opinion there are at least 9 teams with better squads than ours in my opinion. Therefore, given this I would say that top 10/12 is our most realistic target and at the moment we are only 2 points off that.
5. I rate him as a manager in my opinion he has done 2 great jobs in England out of 2 opportunities (at Wigan and Brentford.) He makes his substitutions quickly and tactically at Derby he put in probably the best performance (in my opinion) of a Leeds manager since Simon Grayson against Manchester United, Tottenham and Bristol Rovers. I wouldn't be surprised if at the end of the season Leeds are the only team to have won at Derby County away from home.
In my opinion he needs time and I still have a lot of confidence in his ability one thing I do hope is that we improve our style of football (especially at home).
1. The start to the season we have been given (fixture wise) before October we will have already played 3 of last seasons top 6 plus Derby (who I think have the best squad in the league) and Burnley (who were premier league last season). Add in a yorkshire derby vs Sheffield Wednsday and 2 tricky away games verses Reading and Bristol City, it really has been a tough start. I know the saying there are no easy games in the championship but I feel that during our first 10 games (on paper) we have already had to play at least 4 very difficult games. Whilst from October to January 2nd I feel 8 of those 16 games our winnable (on paper) but they won't be easy, so I feel Uwe deserves the time to try and get us more wins during this 16 game spell between October and January.
2. We have only lost one game, compared to previous seasons after 7 league games we had lost: in 2014-15 3 games, 2013-14 2 games, 2012-13 3 games, 2011-12 3 games and 2010-11 2 games. This shows that losing 1 in 7 is a reasonable achievement. In my opinion there is no way you can want a manager sacked if they have lost 1 game out of their first 8 (in all competitions.)
3. Don't forget where Leeds have finished the last 4 seasons ..... bottom half of the table it is not like Uwe has joined a club which has been knocking on the door of promotion for the last 4 seasons.
4. Many fans I have spoken to expect the top 6 or a massive play off push. I don't think this is realistic as (on paper) in my opinion there are at least 9 teams with better squads than ours in my opinion. Therefore, given this I would say that top 10/12 is our most realistic target and at the moment we are only 2 points off that.
5. I rate him as a manager in my opinion he has done 2 great jobs in England out of 2 opportunities (at Wigan and Brentford.) He makes his substitutions quickly and tactically at Derby he put in probably the best performance (in my opinion) of a Leeds manager since Simon Grayson against Manchester United, Tottenham and Bristol Rovers. I wouldn't be surprised if at the end of the season Leeds are the only team to have won at Derby County away from home.
In my opinion he needs time and I still have a lot of confidence in his ability one thing I do hope is that we improve our style of football (especially at home).
- Ratscoot
- Manager

- Posts: 4221
- Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:52 pm
Re: 5 reasons why Uwe Rosler needs time, do you agree?
Well saidGary Shaw wrote:I have heard a quite a few fans saying they want Uwe Rosler sacked and a lot of fans saying he must win on Saturday etc. I disagree with that and here are 5 reasons why:
1. The start to the season we have been given (fixture wise) before October we will have already played 3 of last seasons top 6 plus Derby (who I think have the best squad in the league) and Burnley (who were premier league last season). Add in a yorkshire derby vs Sheffield Wednsday and 2 tricky away games verses Reading and Bristol City, it really has been a tough start. I know the saying there are no easy games in the championship but I feel that during our first 10 games (on paper) we have already had to play at least 4 very difficult games. Whilst from October to January 2nd I feel 8 of those 16 games our winnable (on paper) but they won't be easy, so I feel Uwe deserves the time to try and get us more wins during this 16 game spell between October and January.
2. We have only lost one game, compared to previous seasons after 7 league games we had lost: in 2014-15 3 games, 2013-14 2 games, 2012-13 3 games, 2011-12 3 games and 2010-11 2 games. This shows that losing 1 in 7 is a reasonable achievement. In my opinion there is no way you can want a manager sacked if they have lost 1 game out of their first 8 (in all competitions.)
3. Don't forget where Leeds have finished the last 4 seasons ..... bottom half of the table it is not like Uwe has joined a club which has been knocking on the door of promotion for the last 4 seasons.
4. Many fans I have spoken to expect the top 6 or a massive play off push. I don't think this is realistic as (on paper) in my opinion there are at least 9 teams with better squads than ours in my opinion. Therefore, given this I would say that top 10/12 is our most realistic target and at the moment we are only 2 points off that.
5. I rate him as a manager in my opinion he has done 2 great jobs in England out of 2 opportunities (at Wigan and Brentford.) He makes his substitutions quickly and tactically at Derby he put in probably the best performance (in my opinion) of a Leeds manager since Simon Grayson against Manchester United, Tottenham and Bristol Rovers. I wouldn't be surprised if at the end of the season Leeds are the only team to have won at Derby County away from home.
In my opinion he needs time and I still have a lot of confidence in his ability one thing I do hope is that we improve our style of football (especially at home).
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
- Gurj
- Manager

- Posts: 2755
- Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 am
- Location: Birmingham
Re: 5 reasons why Uwe Rosler needs time, do you agree?
No way should any leeds fan be advocating for Rosler to be sacked right now. He needs to given a proper chance to bed hes style of football into this set of players. Judge him at Xmas not Sept !!
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
-
LUFCRACE
- Manager

- Posts: 3873
- Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:22 pm
- Twitter: lufcrace
- Location: Wakefield
- Contact:
Re: 5 reasons why Uwe Rosler needs time, do you agree?
Couldn't agree more. But then I would give managers at least a year, if not a couple, if I was in charge!Gurj wrote:No way should any leeds fan be advocating for Rosler to be sacked right now. He needs to given a proper chance to bed hes style of football into this set of players. Judge him at Xmas not Sept !!
BRING BACK BRADDERS
International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth

International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth

- LufcTom
- Youth Team

- Posts: 53
- Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:57 pm
5 reasons why Uwe Rosler needs time, do you agree?
Would hate if he was sacked! Really like the guy! Hes 7 games in. Things will click into place properly and we'll have a good run, we'll have crap ones too but thats football.
- Crude
- Superstar

- Posts: 5674
- Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
- Location: 'Merica
Re: 5 reasons why Uwe Rosler needs time, do you agree?
LUFCRACE wrote:
Couldn't agree more. But then I would give managers at least a year, if not a couple, if I was in charge!
In the age of instant gratification, clubs chop and change managers, and then wonder why there is such chaos and instability in the side. It's a vicious cycle, and when the next great hope fails, even more desperation sets in.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023
Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000
Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000
Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
-
Whitecapswhite
- Youth Team

- Posts: 143
- Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:32 pm
Re: 5 reasons why Uwe Rosler needs time, do you agree?
Well put Gary
it is stupid to even consider removing UR at this present time, like the squad he is trying to put together he is still at the dawn of this new season/era...he/they are trying to create. Unfortunately we are in the 'right-here-now-crowd' times, if it's not right......chuck it out and buy a new one.......like a toaster, iron, radio etc, no more taking a look and trying to fix the problem.......just bin it! quite sad really.
Time.
Not much of that around these days, but we must stick with him, six month in will give us all a good indication of where we are heading, I have faith in this guy and I think he will get us where we all want to be. It's been a long hard slog following this team of mine. Would I do it over again?.......damn right! Since MC came in wether you like him or not, there has been a buzz about the place, we was rotting from the inside out and we were stale. I think UR at this time is a good choice and he at the very least needs the backing 100% of all LEEDS fans. He will know the drill by now, he will know what we all want/demand! as Gary says give the guy time and I believe we will get it.
MOT.
Time.
Not much of that around these days, but we must stick with him, six month in will give us all a good indication of where we are heading, I have faith in this guy and I think he will get us where we all want to be. It's been a long hard slog following this team of mine. Would I do it over again?.......damn right! Since MC came in wether you like him or not, there has been a buzz about the place, we was rotting from the inside out and we were stale. I think UR at this time is a good choice and he at the very least needs the backing 100% of all LEEDS fans. He will know the drill by now, he will know what we all want/demand! as Gary says give the guy time and I believe we will get it.
MOT.
-
ldsutd
- First Team

- Posts: 1127
- Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:42 am
- Location: LEEDS
Re: 5 reasons why Uwe Rosler needs time, do you agree?
I haven't heard anyone say he should be sacked
I have heard a few say we will be nearer the bottom than the top of the league though. I think he needs time to implement his type of play. But I have noticed he gets rattled easy in the press conferences which is a little concerning. he can be a little clever with a few questions put to him.
It's not up to us though is it? I just hope Cellino is staying calm and can see we are taking small steps in the right direction.
I have heard a few say we will be nearer the bottom than the top of the league though. I think he needs time to implement his type of play. But I have noticed he gets rattled easy in the press conferences which is a little concerning. he can be a little clever with a few questions put to him.
It's not up to us though is it? I just hope Cellino is staying calm and can see we are taking small steps in the right direction.
-
Genghers
- Superstar

- Posts: 5801
- Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm
- Location: Newcastle
Re: 5 reasons why Uwe Rosler needs time, do you agree?
Wholeheartedly agree (though we've lost 2 in all competitions
)
I'm sure the people saying he should be sacked are the same ones who complained about the managerial merry-go-round last season. Problem with a lot of Leeds fans is that they think it's our god given right to be in the PL and that we ought to just be able to walk there.
The Championship is probably the hardest league to get out of. There are a lot of quality teams out there which have had a lot of investment, and there are the relegated teams with massive parachute payments. Now, that's not to say that money is everything, but the teams coming down nowadays aren't having to sell off their best players, as has happened in the past, so they are much stronger.
We have a strong core to our squad to build around. We could do with 1 or 2 additions in January to add a bit more strength in depth, but it's not like in previous seasons where we've not looked at the races at all.
I'm sure the people saying he should be sacked are the same ones who complained about the managerial merry-go-round last season. Problem with a lot of Leeds fans is that they think it's our god given right to be in the PL and that we ought to just be able to walk there.
The Championship is probably the hardest league to get out of. There are a lot of quality teams out there which have had a lot of investment, and there are the relegated teams with massive parachute payments. Now, that's not to say that money is everything, but the teams coming down nowadays aren't having to sell off their best players, as has happened in the past, so they are much stronger.
We have a strong core to our squad to build around. We could do with 1 or 2 additions in January to add a bit more strength in depth, but it's not like in previous seasons where we've not looked at the races at all.
- Oscar
- First Team

- Posts: 1475
- Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:14 pm
Re: 5 reasons why Uwe Rosler needs time, do you agree?
We were level after 120 minutes and it was a penalty shootout we lost on to be fair, come to think of it I can't remember the last time Leeds won a penalty shootout, does anyone know when we last won one? It must be at least 10-15 years since the last one I remember was the penalty shootout defeat to Carlisle in the JPT semi finals.Genghers wrote:Wholeheartedly agree (though we've lost 2 in all competitions)
-
Clacton White
- First Team

- Posts: 2071
- Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:56 pm
Re: 5 reasons why Uwe Rosler needs time, do you agree?
Don Revie needed time .to sack Uwe now would be stupid . Maybe if they are bottom at Xmas its different , but right now he needs time and patience .
-
Genghers
- Superstar

- Posts: 5801
- Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm
- Location: Newcastle
Re: 5 reasons why Uwe Rosler needs time, do you agree?
You make a good point! Yeah, I can't remember a successful shootout. I think McCormack is the only player of recent times I've felt confident will score pens...Gary Shaw wrote:We were level after 120 minutes and it was a penalty shootout we lost on to be fair, come to think of it I can't remember the last time Leeds won a penalty shootout, does anyone know when we last won one? It must be at least 10-15 years since the last one I remember was the penalty shootout defeat to Carlisle in the JPT semi finals..
-
ldsutd
- First Team

- Posts: 1127
- Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:42 am
- Location: LEEDS
Re: 5 reasons why Uwe Rosler needs time, do you agree?
Genghers wrote: You make a good point! Yeah, I can't remember a successful shootout. I think McCormack is the only player of recent times I've felt confident will score pens...
I feel the same way with Antennuci, he can bang a penalty in and always looks confident.
- Dr.Leeds
- Superstar

- Posts: 8966
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 am
- Twitter: @DoctorLeeds
- Location: Sunny Doncaster
5 reasons why Uwe Rosler needs time, do you agree?
Maritimo 1998.Gary Shaw wrote:come to think of it I can't remember the last time Leeds won a penalty shootout, does anyone know when we last won one?

- Oscar
- First Team

- Posts: 1475
- Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:14 pm
Re: 5 reasons why Uwe Rosler needs time, do you agree?
The most recent one I found was actually 2003 vs Swindon Town in the Carling Cup when Robinson scored we won that game on penalties, not sure if we have won one since then though?Dr.Leeds wrote:
Maritimo 1998.
- Dr.Leeds
- Superstar

- Posts: 8966
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 am
- Twitter: @DoctorLeeds
- Location: Sunny Doncaster
5 reasons why Uwe Rosler needs time, do you agree?
Ah. Bit embarrassing as I was at that match. Obviously I remember Robinson's goal but forgot how the match ended after that. I clearly remember pacing up and down listening to the Maritimo shootout on the radio.Gary Shaw wrote:
The most recent one I found was actually 2003 vs Swindon Town in the Carling Cup when Robinson scored we won that game on penalties, not sure if we have won one since then though?

- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155139
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: 5 reasons why Uwe Rosler needs time, do you agree?
One of those magical moments seeing your goalie heading the ball into the net, kop end tooGary Shaw wrote:
The most recent one I found was actually 2003 vs Swindon Town in the Carling Cup when Robinson scored we won that game on penalties, not sure if we have won one since then though?