Rosler Sacked

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155360
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Rosler Sacked

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:
There was a poll on waccoe Harry, with a decent response, the majority wanted him gone,so Cellino isn't the only one who wanted it, even on there now, a lot saying they wanted him gone but didn't want a replacement like Evans. I know he didn't sack him because the fans wanted him too, what I'm saying is a lot wanted him gone but the reality is who do you replace him with.
Many of those waccoe lads go watch Leeds every game & realise how crap we've been, that's why they wanted him out.

Unfortunately we were always going to appoint a cheap option, Cellino's nature !
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155360
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Rosler Sacked

Post by 1964white »

Maybe we can stick Steve Evans between the posts, the opposition would never score :lol:
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5801
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm
Location: Newcastle

Re: Rosler Sacked

Post by Genghers »

1964white wrote:Rodgers would have been a decent appointment at this level. Remember Swansea !

Unfortunately we can't afford the likes of BR & end up appointing cheap options
Managing Leeds is a different kettle of fish to someone like Swansea where the pressure of history isn't against you. Look at him at Liverpool - absolutely clueless once his main weapon, Suarez, left. A load of terrible transfers and a completely scatterbrained approach to tactics...

I'd have stuck with Rosler for longer. We may not have been getting results, but the style was getting there, and with time I think we'd have seen it click.
gessa

Re: Rosler Sacked

Post by gessa »

HarryofOz wrote:
The only one whose opinion counts in this matter is Cellino though.
He's not the only one who got what he wanted , he's the only one who could act on it though.
User avatar
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 14819
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
Location: Lisburn, N.I

Re: Rosler Sacked

Post by lufc1304 »

1964white wrote:
Many of those waccoe lads go watch Leeds every game & realise how crap we've been, that's why they wanted him out.

Unfortunately we were always going to appoint a cheap option, Cellino's nature !
Unfortunately? Unfortunate is when you slip on wet leaves and fall over. Appointing that clown isn't an accident, it's an actual decision made by our lord and saviour Massimo Cellino. Steve Evans, if given long enough, will take us down. Absolute joke
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155360
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Rosler Sacked

Post by 1964white »

Great to see the Marching On Together site buzzing this morning

I must go do some work !
gessa

Re: Rosler Sacked

Post by gessa »

Genghers wrote:

I'd have stuck with Rosler for longer. We may not have been getting results, but the style was getting there, and with time I think we'd have seen it click.
Me too, some substitutions and selections were baffling at times but for a manager to play a style he wants he has to have the players to do it, another transfer window and he may have been closer, who knows, more players with experience is what's needed and I don't man journeymen.
User avatar
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 16442
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am

Re: Rosler Sacked

Post by HarryofOz »

There's nothing on the LUFC site yet. Has there been an official tweet or something?

Would be funny if it wasn't true in the end.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
gessa

Re: Rosler Sacked

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:
Many of those waccoe lads go watch Leeds every game & realise how crap we've been, that's why they wanted him out.

Unfortunately we were always going to appoint a cheap option, Cellino's nature !
Fair enough but what is that going to achieve, nothing other than a merry go round of managers and a club in disarray.
What's the point in sacking a supposed crap manager and appointing another, no good relying on the law of averages that one of themwill work out, non are given time to prove anything.
User avatar
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 4014
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:08 pm
Twitter: @richleeds64
Location: Leeds LS27

Re: Rosler Sacked

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Hahahahaha.... If I didn't laugh I think I would cry.
gessa

Re: Rosler Sacked

Post by gessa »

HarryofOz wrote:There's nothing on the LUFC site yet. Has there been an official tweet or something?

Would be funny if it wasn't true in the end.
Just a Phil Hay tweet as far as I can tell, he's usually on the money though, there were strong rumours yesterday afternoon but no confirmation, the Telegraph have reported Evans is taking training this morning.
mav
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2340
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: Rosler Sacked

Post by mav »

lots of Leeds fans wanted him gone and you can see why he has been sacked, so I am not sure you can blame Celino for being "mad" on this one.

Personally I think it is harsh and would have stuck with him.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
Brader
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1027
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:29 am

Re: Rosler Sacked

Post by Brader »

Yeah there's been an official tweet, and confirmed by Leeds to sky and BBC news


I think one of the chuckle brothers tweeting for us to give big Steve a chance is one of the lowest points of my Leeds United supporting career
User avatar
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 16442
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am

Re: Rosler Sacked

Post by HarryofOz »

gessa wrote:
Just a Phil Hay tweet as far as I can tell, he's usually on the money though, there were strong rumours yesterday afternoon but no confirmation, the Telegraph have reported Evans is taking training this morning.
In all likelihood it is true, I was just wondering as Twitter usually leads the official site with news

I see that Massimo and Steve are kindred spirits
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
User avatar
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 16442
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am

Re: Rosler Sacked

Post by HarryofOz »

Brader wrote:Yeah there's been an official tweet, and confirmed by Leeds to sky and BBC news


I think one of the chuckle brothers tweeting for us to give big Steve a chance is one of the lowest points of my Leeds United supporting career
Ta
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5801
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm
Location: Newcastle

Re: Rosler Sacked

Post by Genghers »

mav wrote:lots of Leeds fans wanted him gone and you can see why he has been sacked, so I am not sure you can blame Celino for being "mad" on this one.
Maybe not mad. Definitely ridiculous.

If everything's in the s**t by Christmas then maybe think about it, but we've had 2 (and a bit) months of the season and it's not like we're getting hammered every match.

As you say, it's very harsh.
gessa

Re: Rosler Sacked

Post by gessa »

HarryofOz wrote:
In all likelihood it is true, I was just wondering as Twitter usually leads the official site with news

I see that Massimo and Steve are kindred spirits
Peas in a pod.
Charity Shield 69
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 229
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:57 pm

Re: Rosler Sacked

Post by Charity Shield 69 »

Confirmed on club site - more detailed release to follow.

Cheers,
CS69
Cheers,
CS69
User avatar
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 16442
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am

Re: Rosler Sacked

Post by HarryofOz »

Charity Shield 69 wrote:Confirmed on club site - more detailed release to follow.

Cheers,
CS69
You wouldn't think it would take that long to find the 'manager sacked' report template and just change the name.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
User avatar
Oscar
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1475
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:14 pm

Re: Rosler Sacked

Post by Oscar »

Uwe should not have been sacked in my opinion. If Steve Evans does get the job it could go either way, he could be a success like he was at Crawley and Rotherham or he could get us relegated, I can't really see there being any middle ground mid table form. It reminds me of a bit when Neil Warnock got the job.
Post Reply