Song Of The Day - Post up your song for today folks!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
-
rab_rant
Re: Song Of The Day - Post up your song for today folks !
FInger lickin' good Mahogany session.
FEhX66NAA9I
FEhX66NAA9I
- Durly
- First Team

- Posts: 2339
- Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:11 pm
Re: Song Of The Day - Post up your song for today folks !
Going to post a few from some of my albums of year in the next few days. Starting with this today.

-
gessa
Re: Song Of The Day - Post up your song for today folks !
Been recommended this album a couple of times, it's on my list to play, will try to get around to it soon.Durly wrote:Going to post a few from some of my albums of year in the next few days. Starting with this today.
- Durly
- First Team

- Posts: 2339
- Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:11 pm
Re: Song Of The Day - Post up your song for today folks !
It's really good. Worth checking out, definitely.gessa wrote:
Been recommended this album a couple of times, it's on my list to play, will try to get around to it soon.

- Durly
- First Team

- Posts: 2339
- Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:11 pm
Re: Song Of The Day - Post up your song for today folks !
A bit of this today. Big choirs and orchestras, a mean trumpet and amazing tenor sax. Probably my album of the year.

-
rab_rant
Re: Song Of The Day - Post up your song for today folks !
Penguin Cafe Orchestra Music for a Found Harmonium
kXLdlfC3l6E
kXLdlfC3l6E
-
rab_rant
Re: Song Of The Day - Post up your song for today folks !
African Carnival meets the Mardi Gras
oywyubFJxoE
oywyubFJxoE
- lufc1304
- Superstar

- Posts: 14809
- Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
- Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
- Location: Lisburn, N.I
Re: Song Of The Day - Post up your song for today folks !
I can't post from youtube, bloody work intranet, but this morning's earworm is The Standells - Dirty Water, classic garage from the 60s
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
-
rab_rant
Re: Song Of The Day - Post up your song for today folks !
Gypsy Punk
I wonder if the South stand could learn the last song in this session
START WEARING PURPLE
BSM7S4v76tg
I wonder if the South stand could learn the last song in this session
START WEARING PURPLE
BSM7S4v76tg
-
rab_rant
Re: Song Of The Day - Post up your song for today folks !
Dan Moi virtuoso Sam Bennett.
u8BrxEiLJJ0
u8BrxEiLJJ0
-
rab_rant
Re: Song Of The Day - Post up your song for today folks !
Man in the cold. from Scottish singer Steph MacLeod.
T6Uu7omVMes
T6Uu7omVMes
-
rab_rant
Re: Song Of The Day - Post up your song for today folks !
A gardening song... guess the original.
-E1pOW0haxQ
-E1pOW0haxQ
-
rab_rant
Re: Song Of The Day - Post up your song for today folks !
A song for the times and the seasons.
p8OqnwQbF6s
p8OqnwQbF6s
- Durly
- First Team

- Posts: 2339
- Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:11 pm
Re: Song Of The Day - Post up your song for today folks !
Went to see Bing & Ruth at the Albert Hall in the Elgar Room last night. A stunningly beautiful performance that had me transfixed from start to finish. Their first ever gig in Europe. Really hope they come back soon. Their album 'Tomorrow Was The Golden Age' was one of the best of 2014.
Hmmm.......didn't want to load. Will try again.
Hmmm.......didn't want to load. Will try again.
Last edited by Durly on Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-
rab_rant
Re: Song Of The Day - Post up your song for today folks !
A bit of open C7 tuning on the Uke
bjihj8qAgsU
bjihj8qAgsU
-
rab_rant
Re: Song Of The Day - Post up your song for today folks !
Ewan McColl song.
g-QAP1GjMqU
g-QAP1GjMqU
- Durly
- First Team

- Posts: 2339
- Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:11 pm
Re: Song Of The Day - Post up your song for today folks !
A bit of Kozelek doing something from 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' today.

-
rab_rant
Re: Song Of The Day - Post up your song for today folks !
A bit of old time musical hall.
N6WZlXBDnYk
N6WZlXBDnYk
-
rab_rant
Re: Song Of The Day - Post up your song for today folks !
Dire Straits licks from Eppu Normaali
ZfDCfF8GWr8
ZfDCfF8GWr8
-
rab_rant
Re: Song Of The Day - Post up your song for today folks !
June in the year -86,
our Ford Sierra was almost new.
Father was refueling, mother was packing lunch.
I was sitting at the back seat,
buckled up smiling.
Dingo was singing about the girl in the leather jacket.
Grandpa was telling stories about The Continuation War,
about that NCO Rokka.
I didn't understand any of it,
I was just enjoying the holiday.
Father let me drive the road to the summer cottage,
I promise to take water into the sauna.
I'll remember all the rocks and stubs of this gravel road.
In my mind I was Henri Toivonen,
rally idol of small boys.
Father was laughing, mother was too scared to watch.
Summer ended and I was told;
There would be no more trips to Evidskog.
Parents divorced and the cottage was sold.
Yesterday I drove the road to the cottage.
I remembered it would take longer.
All the familiar routes transformed into asphalt.
Grandpa tells no more war stories,
he's growing hay in Honkanummi cemetary.
I now understand the story better,
and appreciate his deeds.
Father let me drive the road to the summer cottage,
I promise to take water into the sauna.
I'll remember all the rocks and stubs of this gravel road.
In my mind I was Henri Toivonen,
rally idol of small boys.
Father was laughing, mother was too scared to watch.
jhBRyP96RCY
our Ford Sierra was almost new.
Father was refueling, mother was packing lunch.
I was sitting at the back seat,
buckled up smiling.
Dingo was singing about the girl in the leather jacket.
Grandpa was telling stories about The Continuation War,
about that NCO Rokka.
I didn't understand any of it,
I was just enjoying the holiday.
Father let me drive the road to the summer cottage,
I promise to take water into the sauna.
I'll remember all the rocks and stubs of this gravel road.
In my mind I was Henri Toivonen,
rally idol of small boys.
Father was laughing, mother was too scared to watch.
Summer ended and I was told;
There would be no more trips to Evidskog.
Parents divorced and the cottage was sold.
Yesterday I drove the road to the cottage.
I remembered it would take longer.
All the familiar routes transformed into asphalt.
Grandpa tells no more war stories,
he's growing hay in Honkanummi cemetary.
I now understand the story better,
and appreciate his deeds.
Father let me drive the road to the summer cottage,
I promise to take water into the sauna.
I'll remember all the rocks and stubs of this gravel road.
In my mind I was Henri Toivonen,
rally idol of small boys.
Father was laughing, mother was too scared to watch.
jhBRyP96RCY