POP UP'S

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
CSA
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2392
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:46 pm
Location: South Leeds.

POP UP'S

Post by CSA »

What the fcuk is going on with all the advertising pop ups when you open up the MOT tab, beginning to really piss me off :hammer:
Image
User avatar
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 15029
Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
Twitter: @motforum
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: POP UP'S

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Lots of different ads or consistently the same ad?
User avatar
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11608
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:51 am

Re: POP UP'S

Post by Gandalf »

I am constantly getting the Hardcore Henry ad - It popped up twice whilst I was typing this :tdown:
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155134
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: POP UP'S

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote:I am constantly getting the Hardcore Henry ad - It popped up twice whilst I was typing this :tdown:
Same here too....here comes the guns again :shoot:
User avatar
CSA
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2392
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:46 pm
Location: South Leeds.

Re: POP UP'S

Post by CSA »

Gandalf wrote:I am constantly getting the Hardcore Henry ad - It popped up twice whilst I was typing this :tdown:
Yep thats the one !
Image
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78986
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: POP UP'S

Post by The Subhuman »

adblock plus
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
CSA
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2392
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:46 pm
Location: South Leeds.

Re: POP UP'S

Post by CSA »

faaip wrote:adblock plus
Tried it doesn't work, 5 times popped up while replying to this :tdown:
Image
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155134
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: POP UP'S

Post by 1964white »

CSA wrote:
Tried it doesn't work, 5 times popped up while replying to this :tdown:
Very annoying

Can't stand it anymore....logging off & I'll bid you all goodnight
Ricb76
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:32 pm

Re: POP UP'S

Post by Ricb76 »

I've had browser security warnings about visiting this site in the past, but none recently. Anyway, if you use Google Chrome rather than say Microsoft's offering or Firefox you get adblocker free and it works a treat on any site with ad's.
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19693
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: POP UP'S

Post by weasel »

I use normal adblock (rather than adblock plus) and have not had any pop-ups.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: POP UP'S

Post by becchio bear »

I was just about to put a post up about Hardcore Henry but see this one has already been started. It's doing my head in already, popped up again whilst trying to type this post :evil: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155134
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: POP UP'S

Post by 1964white »

Sorry folks it's beyond my computer knowledge to fix this problem

I've also tried a couple of ad-blocks without any success

Hopefully the problem will be resolved as soon as possible
User avatar
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 15029
Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
Twitter: @motforum
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: POP UP'S

Post by YorkshireSquare »

I've reported it to our ad provider.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155134
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: POP UP'S

Post by 1964white »

Normal service resumes

Thanks Adam
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78986
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: POP UP'S

Post by The Subhuman »

If anyone is using internet explorer...well you really shouldn't be.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 14808
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
Location: Lisburn, N.I

Re: POP UP'S

Post by lufc1304 »

faaip wrote:If anyone is using internet explorer...well you really shouldn't be.
This!! :lol:

Google Chrome and adblock, never get pop-ups on here
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
mav
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2340
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: POP UP'S

Post by mav »

faaip wrote:If anyone is using internet explorer...well you really shouldn't be.

They should turn off the PC and return it to the shop!
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78986
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: POP UP'S

Post by The Subhuman »

mav wrote:

They should turn off the PC and return it to the shop!

buy a book instead. Internet explorer is good for one thing, downloading Chrome if it's a new PC...
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
CSA
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2392
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:46 pm
Location: South Leeds.

Re: POP UP'S

Post by CSA »

Yep all good now thanks Adam !!
Image
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155134
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: POP UP'S

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:If anyone is using internet explorer...well you really shouldn't be.
Google Chrome here
Post Reply