Antenucci

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155152
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Antenucci

Post by 1964white »

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2016/05/22/ ... ci/286963/

From one of Massimo's own.....

Bitterness or has the Ant hit the nail on the head ?
User avatar
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 14808
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
Location: Lisburn, N.I

Re: Antenucci

Post by lufc1304 »

Not much in there you could argue with, Leon, bears out most of our perceptions about how the club is currently run. All about interpretation, but that reads like a player who is disappointed, rather than bitter
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
mav
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2340
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: Antenucci

Post by mav »

Surprised that he thought it was the same under Rosler & Darko (that is implied rather than stated) but the rest seems to be as expected.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
User avatar
Oscar
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1475
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:14 pm

Re: Antenucci

Post by Oscar »

My reaction to the headline I was disappointed with the quality of Leeds United coaches.
Well, I was disappointed with the quality of Antenucci's performances.
19 goals in 80 games for Leeds, awful signing who like Sol Bamba is in no position to criticise the club when they have put in consistently poor performances themselves in my opinion.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155152
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Antenucci

Post by 1964white »

Gary Shaw wrote:My reaction to the headline I was disappointed with the quality of Leeds United coaches.
Well, I was disappointed with the quality of Antenucci's performances.
19 goals in 80 games for Leeds, awful signing who like Sol Bamba is in no position to criticise the club when they have put in consistently poor performances themselves in my opinion.
The players always have alot to answer for when they consistently under-perform on the pitch.
Ant & Bamba are trying to keep our fans on side despite their limitations
Ricb76
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:32 pm

Re: Antenucci

Post by Ricb76 »

Wonder if he is speaking about the manager alone or all the coaching staff?
mav
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2340
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: Antenucci

Post by mav »

1964white wrote:The players always have alot to answer for when they consistently under-perform on the pitch.
Ant & Bamba are trying to keep our fans on side despite their limitations

I would separate the two, Bamba is a player that is almost good enough that works for the club.

Ant rarely looked that bothered if things went badly in the first 5 mins he was on the pitch.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19693
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: Antenucci

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote:http://www.insidefutbol.com/2016/05/22/ ... ci/286963/

From one of Massimo's own.....

Bitterness or has the Ant hit the nail on the head ?
To me it comes along as a bit bitter and an excuse by him as to why he wasn't first choice. He is a player who's whole career has been spent with lower league clubs so I am very doutbful that he will have worked with many coaches/managers that have been of a particularly high quality.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
User avatar
Crude
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5674
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
Location: 'Merica

Re: Antenucci

Post by Crude »

I'm sad to see him go. One of the technically better strikers we've had in a long time. So the hater's got their wish as one of Cellino's imports has finally left. I'm sure there is some no-talent hack, journeyman from the UK to fill his slot soon. *sign*
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
Brader
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1027
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:29 am

Re: Antenucci

Post by Brader »

I find it odd this came on the same day as the New Zealand national manager commenting that wood has been the fittest he has ever been in his life.

Wasn't antenucci caught smoking a few times too? But rich to be kicking off about the diet.
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41696
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Antenucci

Post by Cjay »

Happy retirement to him.

I liked him.

Technically brilliant and scored some beautiful goals
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
Finnatic
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6704
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:47 pm

Re: Antenucci

Post by Finnatic »

Cjay wrote: ↑Thu May 01, 2025 5:10 pm
Happy retirement to him.

I liked him.

Technically brilliant and scored some beautiful goals
Yes, one of the highlights of a crap regime.
Post Reply