Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
gessa
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 24163
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:40 pm

Re: Supporting Leeds

Post by gessa »

MissSurreyWhite wrote:Started supporting Leeds in 1972. FA Cup Final.
Also followed my home town team Scarborough when they were semi-pro and then into the old Division 4 (under Warnock).
Sadly now gone. Hope its the only one?!
Welcome to the forum MSW, I'm sure the few ladies on here will be glad of some more female company.
User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 82366
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Supporting Leeds

Post by 1964white »

MissSurreyWhite wrote:Started supporting Leeds in 1972. FA Cup Final.
Also followed my home town team Scarborough when they were semi-pro and then into the old Division 4 (under Warnock).
Sadly now gone. Hope its the only one?!
Welcome aboard Miss SurreyWhite, another lady to go along with Becchio Bear, Whiteswan, LUFCRACE & Mrs 64 of course to keep us fella's in order :-D

Scarborough is only 20 miles away from us. Saw a few games there, as you say such a shame the ground doesn't exist anymore. Visited your hometown a few weeks ago
User avatar
MissSurreyWhite
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:00 am

Re: Supporting Leeds

Post by MissSurreyWhite »

I am on the TeamTalk Forum but that format took a dive this year with its emphasis on the Premiership, and it lost so many Leeds posters, so wanted to find another LUFC forum.

I purposely added the 'Miss' as there is an assumption that posters are male! :-)

Looking forward to chatting to the 'tribe'.

MOT
User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 82366
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Supporting Leeds

Post by 1964white »

MissSurreyWhite wrote:I am on the TeamTalk Forum but that format took a dive this year with its emphasis on the Premiership, and it lost so many Leeds posters, so wanted to find another LUFC forum.

I purposely added the 'Miss' as there is an assumption that posters are male! :-)

Looking forward to chatting to the 'tribe'.

MOT
I would say this is the most friendliest forum

Enjoy MOT Miss SW :tup:
User avatar
MissSurreyWhite
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:00 am

Re: Supporting Leeds

Post by MissSurreyWhite »

I don't have a pet for my moniker - maybe a selfie isn't he right thing to use!
User avatar
lufc1304
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9093
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
Location: Lisburn, N.I

Re: Supporting Leeds

Post by lufc1304 »

Welcome aboard, Miss SW! Enjoy the forum; as Leon (64) says, we're a friendly bunch and none of us bite. Unless you ask nicely!! :wink:
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 82366
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Supporting Leeds

Post by 1964white »

MissSurreyWhite wrote:I don't have a pet for my moniker - maybe a selfie isn't he right thing to use!
And I was trying to work out who is the actress/comedian in your avatar :wink:
User avatar
Crude
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5875
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
Twitter: crudos
Location: 'Merica

Re: Supporting Leeds

Post by Crude »

MSW, welcome to the best Leeds United forum on the internetwebz!
#WeAreBack

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011

Leeds United Americas (LUA)

You can take the Leeds out of the top flight but you'll never take the top flight out of Leeds.
—Dom Matteo
User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 34547
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Supporting Leeds

Post by faaip »

MissSurreyWhite wrote:Started supporting Leeds in 1972. FA Cup Final.
Also followed my home town team Scarborough when they were semi-pro and then into the old Division 4 (under Warnock).
Sadly now gone. Hope its the only one?!

OK I should be the only White from Surrey on the forum....Admin I object!!

erm Welcome anyway
I wanted to flash this watch, I flash it all the time. It's my antique pocket watch and it makes me look British...and I need that for my analysis. It is a gorgeous gold pocket watch however and I'm very proud of it. You see my grandfather, on his death bed, ..sold me this watch!
User avatar
MissSurreyWhite
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:00 am

Re: Supporting Leeds

Post by MissSurreyWhite »

But your located in 'Gods own county'?
I am born and bred there I just 'appen to live down here now!
User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 34547
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Supporting Leeds

Post by faaip »

Yorkshire, I think, is god's own country, I made Surrey god's own county. I was born in Essex but moved to surrey aged 1
I wanted to flash this watch, I flash it all the time. It's my antique pocket watch and it makes me look British...and I need that for my analysis. It is a gorgeous gold pocket watch however and I'm very proud of it. You see my grandfather, on his death bed, ..sold me this watch!
User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 34547
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Supporting Leeds

Post by faaip »

faaip wrote:Yorkshire, I think, is god's own country, I made Surrey god's own county. I was born in Essex but moved to surrey aged 1

and I'm still there...though I support Hampshire...and Leeds .....and most importantly THE

Image
I wanted to flash this watch, I flash it all the time. It's my antique pocket watch and it makes me look British...and I need that for my analysis. It is a gorgeous gold pocket watch however and I'm very proud of it. You see my grandfather, on his death bed, ..sold me this watch!
User avatar
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4575
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:57 am

Re: Supporting Leeds

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Quick hello from a newbie on the forum

Long time lurker having used the site primarily to keep up to date with match reports and gossip from people who are much closer to the action than me, always find the team reports and ratings from regular match goers a great insight and there seems to be much more balance about comments than some other sites!

Lifelong supporter of Leeds but watched most regularly when we were in the old second division with our succession of ex players as managers. Favorite player ever - John Sheridan, saw him score some great goals in to the Kop end and loved to get a foot in! Best player I think I've seen (despite where he ended up) must be Rio - when you watched him live you fully appreciated how well he read the game and squashed any danger before it became a problem.

As the name suggests I'm now down in Norfolk (Norwich) and get to Carrow Road fairly regularly to keep an eye on Jonny!
User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 82366
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Supporting Leeds

Post by 1964white »

NorfolkWhite wrote:Quick hello from a newbie on the forum

Long time lurker having used the site primarily to keep up to date with match reports and gossip from people who are much closer to the action than me, always find the team reports and ratings from regular match goers a great insight and there seems to be much more balance about comments than some other sites!

Lifelong supporter of Leeds but watched most regularly when we were in the old second division with our succession of ex players as managers. Favorite player ever - John Sheridan, saw him score some great goals in to the Kop end and loved to get a foot in! Best player I think I've seen (despite where he ended up) must be Rio - when you watched him live you fully appreciated how well he read the game and squashed any danger before it became a problem.

As the name suggests I'm now down in Norfolk (Norwich) and get to Carrow Road fairly regularly to keep an eye on Jonny!
Welcome to MOT Norfolk White & thank you for the nice comments about our forum :tup:

Sheridan was a hell of a player & i agree with you on Rio, one of the most cultured centre-backs I've witnessed in my 54 years watching football.

I'll be down in lovely Norfolk on Saturday November 5th :scarf1:
User avatar
LUFC 1966
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 451
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:14 pm

Re: Supporting Leeds

Post by LUFC 1966 »

Earliest Leeds memory was 1970 cup final when we lost to Chelski . jumped for joy in 1972 when we beat the Arsenal. Cried tears in 1973 when we lost to Sunderland. Hated Beckenbauer when we lost the European cup final. Emigrated to SA in 1977 so followed frm afar. First stop in 2001 when I came back was Leeds v Liverpool cup match lost 2-1 Barmby and Heskey scored. Regular attendee since 2001 and season ticket holder past 6 seasons..... seen the good (o'leary's team/Grayson's team) the bad (Blackwell) and the ugly (warnock and Evans ).... extremely hopeful for the Monk era to be successful.
Back were we belong :scar1 :scar1 :scar1 :celeb:
User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 82366
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Supporting Leeds

Post by 1964white »

LUFC 1966 wrote:Earliest Leeds memory was 1970 cup final when we lost to Chelski . jumped for joy in 1972 when we beat the Arsenal. Cried tears in 1973 when we lost to Sunderland. Hated Beckenbauer when we lost the European cup final. Emigrated to SA in 1977 so followed frm afar. First stop in 2001 when I came back was Leeds v Liverpool cup match lost 2-1 Barmby and Heskey scored. Regular attendee since 2001 and season ticket holder past 6 seasons..... seen the good (o'leary's team/Grayson's team) the bad (Blackwell) and the ugly (warnock and Evans ).... extremely hopeful for the Monk era to be successful.
Welcome '66 again :tup:
gotagetz
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:51 pm

Re: Supporting Leeds

Post by gotagetz »

Only club ive ever supported and at 52 won't support any other. Don't get much chance to go to games the last was at the Emirates where I managed to get a ticket to sit with the home fans. Ironically I live in Cambridge and have managed to get a ticket for Monday. ...yes with the home fans once again.
User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 82366
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Supporting Leeds

Post by 1964white »

gotagetz wrote:Only club ive ever supported and at 52 won't support any other. Don't get much chance to go to games the last was at the Emirates where I managed to get a ticket to sit with the home fans. Ironically I live in Cambridge and have managed to get a ticket for Monday. ...yes with the home fans once again.
Welcome to MOT :tup:

I'll wave to you at Cambridge :wink:
gotagetz
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:51 pm

Re: Supporting Leeds

Post by gotagetz »

Cheers, gonna make sure I leave work on time....hopefully a pint before and after kick off. There's quite a few of us on the home stands......
User avatar
gessa
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 24163
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:40 pm

Re: Supporting Leeds

Post by gessa »

gotagetz wrote:Cheers, gonna make sure I leave work on time....hopefully a pint before and after kick off. There's quite a few of us on the home stands......

Welcome to the forum mate. Enjoy tonight, I think you're right, quite a few local Leeds fans in the home end tonight.
Post Reply