Radrizzani
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 78993
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: TOMA: Radrizzani apparently approved by FL
btw the boat needed rocking when MC came in and when GFH turned up they turned the boat over and started drilling holes in the bottom...I do remember when everyone collectively breathed a sigh of relief when they bought from Bates and thought it was a good thing
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- Gandalf
- Superstar

- Posts: 11608
- Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:51 am
Re: TOMA: Radrizzani apparently approved by FL
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
-
gessa
Re: TOMA: Radrizzani apparently approved by FL
So glad this now done, it seemed to be hanging over us for an age.
Onwards and upwards...
Onwards and upwards...
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155150
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: TOMA: Radrizzani apparently approved by FL
Wow !
Lets hope Aser allow the progress to continue & not disrupt the flow !
Lets hope Aser allow the progress to continue & not disrupt the flow !
-
Norm
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 6930
- Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 2:51 am
- Location: SW Missouri USA
Re: TOMA: Radrizzani apparently approved by FL
Regarding that Leon, there's probably a reason MC has agreed to 50% - neither of them can overrule the other, so no crazy quick-fixes and upsets.
They have to work in sympatico to get things accomplished.
They have to work in sympatico to get things accomplished.
-
rab_rant
Re: TOMA: Radrizzani apparently approved by FL
Speaking exclusively to LeedsUnited.com, Co-owner Massimo Cellino has commented on how pleased he is to see Andrea Radrizzani become his partner, and a 50% shareholder in Leeds United Football Club.
“I have worked hard for the past three years for Leeds United, we are a massive club, and I feel the only way we can get better is for me to bring in a new partner”, stated Cellino on the news that a deal has been completed.
Fellow Italian Radrizzani has been a key player in the sports media rights industry since he co-founded MP & Silva in 2004, and Mr Cellino believes this experience is just one of the qualities that his new partner will bring to the club.
Mr Cellino added, “Andrea is young and brings a new energy with him, as well as having a good experience in the football media business, which is the future for all clubs. I feel that bringing Andrea in as a 50% shareholder to work with me is the best choice we could have made. We will continue building a strong and healthy football club for the future.”
“I have worked hard for the past three years for Leeds United, we are a massive club, and I feel the only way we can get better is for me to bring in a new partner”, stated Cellino on the news that a deal has been completed.
Fellow Italian Radrizzani has been a key player in the sports media rights industry since he co-founded MP & Silva in 2004, and Mr Cellino believes this experience is just one of the qualities that his new partner will bring to the club.
Mr Cellino added, “Andrea is young and brings a new energy with him, as well as having a good experience in the football media business, which is the future for all clubs. I feel that bringing Andrea in as a 50% shareholder to work with me is the best choice we could have made. We will continue building a strong and healthy football club for the future.”
- Durly
- First Team

- Posts: 2339
- Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:11 pm
Re: TOMA: Radrizzani apparently approved by FL
They've BEEN the progress mate. I'm sure of that.1964white wrote:Wow !
Lets hope Aser allow the progress to continue & not disrupt the flow !

- NorfolkWhite
- Manager

- Posts: 4912
- Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:57 am
Re: TOMA: Radrizzani apparently approved by FL
A few comments from AR on the BBC site and he comes across as very professional and reasoned, also glowing comments about GM so no fear of a BCFC and Gary Rowett situation. Very earliest of days I know but he does have the air of a level headed, articulate and savvy character.........I'm not gonna get carried away just yet - but success on the pitch and stability off it..........I'm pinching myself
- Durly
- First Team

- Posts: 2339
- Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:11 pm
Re: TOMA: Radrizzani apparently approved by FL
Everything about him seems professional, well-connected and level-headed. I'm certain he's been taking (or at very least influencing) the important decisions at the club these past few months. With Cellino's ban imminent, it was vital this was announced now. For the first time in a long while, I feel really positive about the way things are going.NorfolkWhite wrote:A few comments from AR on the BBC site and he comes across as very professional and reasoned, also glowing comments about GM so no fear of a BCFC and Gary Rowett situation. Very earliest of days I know but he does have the air of a level headed, articulate and savvy character.........I'm not gonna get carried away just yet - but success on the pitch and stability off it..........I'm pinching myself

- John in Louisiana
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 13916
- Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
- Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois
Re: TOMA: Radrizzani/ASER Group buys 50% share of club
I can't see this as anything other than a positive.
If MC's ban is not overturned, Radrizzani will still own a controlling interest, so the club's leadership is secure regardless of how the FL choose to screw us over this time.
Said Radrizzani: "I am making a long-term commitment to Leeds United and will work to bring stability through ongoing investment."
Also: "I am very impressed the job Garry Monk has done this season and I will do all I can to support him and the team moving forward."
An influx of cash during the transfer window and, apparently, a willingness to let Monk continue on the path he's charted.
Stability, cash resources, coaching excellence, and quality players. F*** me. Is this really my beloved Leeds United?
If MC's ban is not overturned, Radrizzani will still own a controlling interest, so the club's leadership is secure regardless of how the FL choose to screw us over this time.
Said Radrizzani: "I am making a long-term commitment to Leeds United and will work to bring stability through ongoing investment."
Also: "I am very impressed the job Garry Monk has done this season and I will do all I can to support him and the team moving forward."
An influx of cash during the transfer window and, apparently, a willingness to let Monk continue on the path he's charted.
Stability, cash resources, coaching excellence, and quality players. F*** me. Is this really my beloved Leeds United?
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155150
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: TOMA: Radrizzani apparently approved by FL
I can't believe what is happening this season mate, I keep pinching myself wondering whether I'm in a dream. What's going on ? As Leeds fans we are not use to all this positivity. At long last that once minute chink of daylight at end of the tunnel is now one mighty hole of sunlightDurly wrote:They've BEEN the progress mate. I'm sure of that.
- Durly
- First Team

- Posts: 2339
- Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:11 pm
Re: TOMA: Radrizzani apparently approved by FL
I'm naturally VERY cautious, Leon but I'm allowing myself a big smile this afternoon. I have the feeling I never had when Cellino, GFH and (God help us) Bates were all announced. Talk is cheap, I grant you but it feels like he knows what needs to be done. Stage one needs to be tying down Monk, Pontus, Kyle and Pablo and bringing in the 1 or 2 players GM wants to add to the squad. Long term, I am hopeful that he has the vision and connections to get us back to where we all want us to be.1964white wrote:I can't believe what is happening this season mate, I keep pinching myself wondering whether I'm in a dream. What's going on ? As Leeds fans we are not use to all this positivity. At long last that once minute chink of daylight at end of the tunnel is now one mighty hole of sunlight

- Gandalf
- Superstar

- Posts: 11608
- Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:51 am
Re: TOMA: Radrizzani apparently approved by FL
Of course, the light at the end of the tunnel could be an oncoming train1964white wrote:I can't believe what is happening this season mate, I keep pinching myself wondering whether I'm in a dream. What's going on ? As Leeds fans we are not use to all this positivity. At long last that once minute chink of daylight at end of the tunnel is now one mighty hole of sunlight
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
-
abundegas
- Youth Team

- Posts: 191
- Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:54 pm
Re: TOMA: Radrizzani/ASER Group buys 50% share of club
I want to be wrong, but I am surprised by what seems to be an unquestioningly positive reaction to this news here, and elsewhere.
I can't help but think "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" and "better the devil you know". What current problems does this deal solve?
- Problems with Cellino's management of the club? Regardless of your views of Cellino, what do we know about Radrizzani's credentials to run a football club? And, the 50-50 arrangement has the potential to create a stalemate with no decisions being made and no actions taken. Or, Cellino has Radrizzani in his pocket, and carries on as before (which, in my opinion, would be no bad thing given how well things are going recently).
- The need for investment? What do we know about Radrizzani's ability to invest? Does he have money to put on the table? Is he going to spend his money without knowing that he'll reap the benefits?
- Cellino being a dodgy character? It's hard to defend his character, but, again, what do we really know about Radrizzani? He has a degree in public relations, so please read all his press releases with that in mind - he will know very well what we want to hear ("actions speak louder than words"). He made his money in football rights (I assume this means trading in TV rights, image rights, etc.), the kind of business that seeks to make money out of football, and hence football fans, without caring much for the fans. I always felt Cellino was in it for the love of football and attention seeking - I'd prefer that to someone whose motive is to cynically profit from the fans (which I guess is the case with most owners).
Can anyone help me feel more positive?
I can't help but think "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" and "better the devil you know". What current problems does this deal solve?
- Problems with Cellino's management of the club? Regardless of your views of Cellino, what do we know about Radrizzani's credentials to run a football club? And, the 50-50 arrangement has the potential to create a stalemate with no decisions being made and no actions taken. Or, Cellino has Radrizzani in his pocket, and carries on as before (which, in my opinion, would be no bad thing given how well things are going recently).
- The need for investment? What do we know about Radrizzani's ability to invest? Does he have money to put on the table? Is he going to spend his money without knowing that he'll reap the benefits?
- Cellino being a dodgy character? It's hard to defend his character, but, again, what do we really know about Radrizzani? He has a degree in public relations, so please read all his press releases with that in mind - he will know very well what we want to hear ("actions speak louder than words"). He made his money in football rights (I assume this means trading in TV rights, image rights, etc.), the kind of business that seeks to make money out of football, and hence football fans, without caring much for the fans. I always felt Cellino was in it for the love of football and attention seeking - I'd prefer that to someone whose motive is to cynically profit from the fans (which I guess is the case with most owners).
Can anyone help me feel more positive?
- Crude
- Superstar

- Posts: 5674
- Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
- Location: 'Merica
Re: TOMA: Radrizzani/ASER Group buys 50% share of club
You bring up great points, and the second half of the season will bear all these out one way or the another. As well as we've been playing and as well as Monk is making great decisions, think AR is smart enough to leave it alone until intervention is needed.abundegas wrote:I want to be wrong, but I am surprised by what seems to be an unquestioningly positive reaction to this news here, and elsewhere.
I can't help but think "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" and "better the devil you know". What current problems does this deal solve?
- Problems with Cellino's management of the club? Regardless of your views of Cellino, what do we know about Radrizzani's credentials to run a football club? And, the 50-50 arrangement has the potential to create a stalemate with no decisions being made and no actions taken. Or, Cellino has Radrizzani in his pocket, and carries on as before (which, in my opinion, would be no bad thing given how well things are going recently).
- The need for investment? What do we know about Radrizzani's ability to invest? Does he have money to put on the table? Is he going to spend his money without knowing that he'll reap the benefits?
- Cellino being a dodgy character? It's hard to defend his character, but, again, what do we really know about Radrizzani? He has a degree in public relations, so please read all his press releases with that in mind - he will know very well what we want to hear ("actions speak louder than words"). He made his money in football rights (I assume this means trading in TV rights, image rights, etc.), the kind of business that seeks to make money out of football, and hence football fans, without caring much for the fans. I always felt Cellino was in it for the love of football and attention seeking - I'd prefer that to someone whose motive is to cynically profit from the fans (which I guess is the case with most owners).
Can anyone help me feel more positive?
Great to see you here again!
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023
Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000
Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000
Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
-
gessa
Re: TOMA: Radrizzani/ASER Group buys 50% share of club
Cellino has been remarkably quiet since September, depending which side you want to believe, this is either because he's had a change of philosophy or Radrizzani had told him for the investment to happen he needs to calm down and let Rad make some decisions, personally I believe the latter as Cellino is too long in the tooth to change. By his own admission Cellino has stated this investment needed to happen for the club to progress, I believe that without it, there is no way we would be paying £3.5M for Jansson and possibly another £2M for Bartley. I get what you say about Radrizzani but I didn't see anyone else knocking down the door to be let in, it has been said he already has people lined up to add further investment. He said that no further money will be spent this window to invest in the squad, I think this is because the guy is no Ridsdale and won't be shouting from the rooftops what we have to spend. I am cautiously optimistic.abundegas wrote:I want to be wrong, but I am surprised by what seems to be an unquestioningly positive reaction to this news here, and elsewhere.
I can't help but think "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" and "better the devil you know". What current problems does this deal solve?
- Problems with Cellino's management of the club? Regardless of your views of Cellino, what do we know about Radrizzani's credentials to run a football club? And, the 50-50 arrangement has the potential to create a stalemate with no decisions being made and no actions taken. Or, Cellino has Radrizzani in his pocket, and carries on as before (which, in my opinion, would be no bad thing given how well things are going recently).
- The need for investment? What do we know about Radrizzani's ability to invest? Does he have money to put on the table? Is he going to spend his money without knowing that he'll reap the benefits?
- Cellino being a dodgy character? It's hard to defend his character, but, again, what do we really know about Radrizzani? He has a degree in public relations, so please read all his press releases with that in mind - he will know very well what we want to hear ("actions speak louder than words"). He made his money in football rights (I assume this means trading in TV rights, image rights, etc.), the kind of business that seeks to make money out of football, and hence football fans, without caring much for the fans. I always felt Cellino was in it for the love of football and attention seeking - I'd prefer that to someone whose motive is to cynically profit from the fans (which I guess is the case with most owners).
Can anyone help me feel more positive?
Apparently it was a meeting with Kenny Dalglish that convinced him Leeds were the club to invest in.
Welcome back
- John in Louisiana
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 13916
- Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
- Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois
Re: TOMA: Radrizzani/ASER Group buys 50% share of club
"Better the devil you know" was what people were saying when MC took over the club. In any event, Cellino isn't going to be around to manage the club for 18 months or so. Radrizzani will be, and if he is to be believed (and I don't know why we wouldn't believe him), he seems keen to let Monk continue on the course he's set.abundegas wrote:
I can't help but think "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" and "better the devil you know". What current problems does this deal solve?
- Problems with Cellino's management of the club?
We know about Radrizzani's ability to manage media contracts and relations. He just sold 65% of a company he co-founded for $1 billion. Again, from what he's said, I think Radrizzani is more than willing to let the football people run the football end of the business.abundegas wrote: Regardless of your views of Cellino, what do we know about Radrizzani's credentials to run a football club? And, the 50-50 arrangement has the potential to create a stalemate with no decisions being made and no actions taken. Or, Cellino has Radrizzani in his pocket, and carries on as before (which, in my opinion, would be no bad thing given how well things are going recently).
He just bought 50% of the club, and while we don't know as yet how much he paid, we know he had that much and whatever that amount was has just been infused into the club. But given that he just sold 65% of MP & Silva for $1 billion, I imagine he's pretty flush.abundegas wrote: The need for investment? What do we know about Radrizzani's ability to invest? Does he have money to put on the table? Is he going to spend his money without knowing that he'll reap the benefits?
A legitimate concern, I suppose. Radrizzani could cut and run the way Bates and GFH did, but the best way to profit from the fans is to give them a winning team. Radrizzani seems to be smart enough to realize this. You sell a lot more tickets, kits, and merchandise that way, plus the TV rights to your games become much more valuable. Hopefully, our biggest problem will be that we end up with with a lot of fans like Scum have; the sort who follow the team only because they're good.abundegas wrote: Cellino being a dodgy character? It's hard to defend his character, but, again, what do we really know about Radrizzani? He has a degree in public relations, so please read all his press releases with that in mind - he will know very well what we want to hear ("actions speak louder than words"). He made his money in football rights (I assume this means trading in TV rights, image rights, etc.), the kind of business that seeks to make money out of football, and hence football fans, without caring much for the fans. I always felt Cellino was in it for the love of football and attention seeking - I'd prefer that to someone whose motive is to cynically profit from the fans (which I guess is the case with most owners).
Can anyone help me feel more positive?
- YorkshireSquare
- Administrator

- Posts: 15032
- Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
- Twitter: @motforum
- Location: Leeds
- Contact:
Re: TOMA: Radrizzani/ASER Group buys 50% share of club
I appreciate people being sceptical but I don't think anyone would invest the plunder the club and take money out of it, there is no money in it. The only way to make money from Leeds United is to get us promoted to the Premier League.
The his expertise in media rights etc comes into play.
The his expertise in media rights etc comes into play.
-
Norm
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 6930
- Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 2:51 am
- Location: SW Missouri USA
Re: TOMA: Radrizzani/ASER Group buys 50% share of club
Beat me to it.Gandalf wrote:
Of course, the light at the end of the tunnel could be an oncoming train