I would expect a permanent deal for Jansson to be concluded after tonight's game, though maybe not whilst he's in the bath! Not sure what else we need at this stage, to be honest. Lot of talk about another striker, which I don't necessarily disagree with, but who is going to come, of the requisite standard, to play second fiddle to Wood? I'd like to see Bartley signed permanently, but perhaps that can wait until the end of the season?
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
lufc1304 wrote:I would expect a permanent deal for Jansson to be concluded after tonight's game, though maybe not whilst he's in the bath! Not sure what else we need at this stage, to be honest. Lot of talk about another striker, which I don't necessarily disagree with, but who is going to come, of the requisite standard, to play second fiddle to Wood? I'd like to see Bartley signed permanently, but perhaps that can wait until the end of the season?
I think the Barnsley game showed up the weaknesses in our squad when we fielded three right-backs in our defence
At the moment with Cooper injured we have two CB's.....not good going into the final three months of the season. Same will happen if Wood incurs another injury & he will believe me. Area's in are squad are very brittle compared to the majority of other championship clubs. No excuses as we are not skint anymore !
1964white wrote:I think the Barnsley game showed up the weaknesses in our squad when we fielded three right-backs in our defence
At the moment with Cooper injured we have two CB's.....not good going into the final three months of the season. Same will happen if Wood incurs another injury & he will believe me. Area's in are squad are very brittle compared to the majority of other championship clubs. No excuses as we are not skint anymore !
You see most of the games, Leon, you've a better handle on the state of our squad than I do. But the question remains; who will come, ready to improve us (or at least maintain the standards Monk has set), but who won't be guaranteed a starting place? Prem fringe players? None of our rivals are going to sell, probably the opposite.
P.S just been tweeted by a mate saying loan deal for Lewis Grabben is close
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
I believe Monk doesn't want to sign for signing sake, he'll be patient and get what he wants. I still think we'll get 1 if not 2 in by the close of the window.
lufc1304 wrote:You see most of the games, Leon, you've a better handle on the state of our squad than I do. But the question remains; who will come, ready to improve us (or at least maintain the standards Monk has set), but who won't be guaranteed a starting place? Prem fringe players? None of our rivals are going to sell, probably the opposite.
P.S just been tweeted by a mate saying loan deal for Lewis Grabben is close
Grabban and Canos looking the likely ones to be coming in.
lufc1304 wrote:You see most of the games, Leon, you've a better handle on the state of our squad than I do. But the question remains; who will come, ready to improve us (or at least maintain the standards Monk has set), but who won't be guaranteed a starting place? Prem fringe players? None of our rivals are going to sell, probably the opposite.
P.S just been tweeted by a mate saying loan deal for Lewis Grabben is close
Now that would be a cracking signing I'll personally go kiss Monk's **** if he pulls that one off
lufc1304 wrote:Who is Canos, Ges, never heard of him?
Sergi Canos,19 year old, went from Liverpool to Norwich last year, played only 1 game for Liverpool, went to Brentford on loan last season, then signed for Norwich. Scored 7 in 38 appearances for Brentford, can play on both wings. Apparently Brentford have offered 1.5 M for him Norwich paid £2.5, he has only made 3 appearances for Norwich, so they may just want to recoup some money,, it's up to us to match or better Brentfords offer.
I don't see too many players that would add value to the current side, without dropping silly money. Testament to Monk and staff for getting the important signings done before January. Monk has this, don't worry.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023
Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000
Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
I'm fine with the squad we have. All squads look thin if they lose 2/3 starters at a position but lets not go back down the Ridsale route of wanting 10 players for every position. By all means lets add some lower league upside talent (e.g. Roofe) we can bring on at our own pace but we're set for starters and have solid to very good back ups
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
faaip wrote:I'm fine with the squad we have. All squads look thin if they lose 2/3 starters at a position but lets not go back down the Ridsale route of wanting 10 players for every position. By all means lets add some lower league upside talent (e.g. Roofe) we can bring on at our own pace but we're set for starters and have solid to very good back ups