Films you can watch until the cows come home !

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 13916
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois

Re: Films you can watch until the cows come home !

Post by John in Louisiana »

Doesn't matter how many times I see these, they're still funny....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9OUIk4Oaq4 (part one)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDNLFZmo5sg (part two)

Only about five minutes total.
mav
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2340
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: Films you can watch until the cows come home !

Post by mav »

I dont get how people can keep watching the Green mile.

Awesome film but the time and emotion spent to watch it are huge!
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
User avatar
MissSurreyWhite
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:00 am

Re: Films you can watch until the cows come home !

Post by MissSurreyWhite »

A couple already mentioned...

Shawshank Redemption
Pretty Woman
Gladiator
Bladerunner
Elf
Leon
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78993
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Films you can watch until the cows come home !

Post by The Subhuman »

NorfolkWhite wrote:Funny how some people love a few films I'd rather gouge my eyes out than watch :lol:

But off the top of my head some of my faves:
Snatch
Kill Bill (Vol 2)
Pulp Fiction
The Godfather (like 'em all actually)
Fifth Element
Rocky - guilty pleasure!

Just done a decent long haul flight and can recommend the following for up to date'ish viewing:

Hell or Highwater - absolute belter
Arrival - nicely worked
Hands of Stone - great for fight fans

Also watched Hacksaw Ridge which isn't a great movie but is an amazing true story and worth a watch for that alone.

And you name one (or three) I'd rather gouge my eyes out than watch. So I can see where you're coming from. I hate gangster movies with a passion. All of them
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4912
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:57 am

Re: Films you can watch until the cows come home !

Post by NorfolkWhite »

faaip wrote:And you name one (or three) I'd rather gouge my eyes out than watch. So I can see where you're coming from. I hate gangster movies with a passion. All of them
Not so easy after you've gouged your eyes out :lol: I could of named a few more on top, couple already mentioned, but probably good I didn't in the interests of avoiding further self mutilation......just don't anyone start citing musicals :wink:
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Films you can watch until the cows come home !

Post by becchio bear »

Dirty Dancing :luv: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155154
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Films you can watch until the cows come home !

Post by 1964white »

MissSurreyWhite wrote:A couple already mentioned...

Shawshank Redemption
Pretty Woman
Gladiator
Bladerunner
Elf
Leon
Oh yes Miss SW :lol:
User avatar
Oscar
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1475
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:14 pm

Re: Films you can watch until the cows come home !

Post by Oscar »

Anchorman 1 and 2
The Hangover 1 and 2
Ted 1 and 2
Any James Bond film
Trainspotting
The Last King Of Scotland
Life Of Brian
Wayne's World 1 and 2
Every X Men film ever made
Shaun Of The Dead
Trading Places
Die Hard
The Inbetweeners film
From Dusk till Dawn
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8201
Joined: Tue May 05, 2015 2:07 pm

Re: Films you can watch until the cows come home !

Post by Mrs64 »

becchio bear wrote:Dirty Dancing :luv: :bear:
One of my favourites BB, of course us dancers would love this type of film

Any Richard Gere film too :luv:
User avatar
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 13916
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois

Re: Films you can watch until the cows come home !

Post by John in Louisiana »

Gary Shaw wrote:Anchorman 1 and 2
The Hangover 1 and 2
Ted 1 and 2
Any James Bond film
Trainspotting
The Last King Of Scotland
Life Of Brian
Wayne's World 1 and 2
Every X Men film ever made
Shaun Of The Dead
Trading Places
Die Hard
The Inbetweeners film
From Dusk till Dawn
ANY James Bond film? If you made me watch "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" again I'd gouge my eyes out right along with faaip.

"Shaun of the Dead" is the best zombie movie ever made. I love Simon Pegg; "Hot Fuzz" is another of my favorites.
gessa

Re: Films you can watch until the cows come home !

Post by gessa »

John in Louisiana wrote:ANY James Bond film? If you made me watch "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" again I'd gouge my eyes out right along with faaip.

"Shaun of the Dead" is the best zombie movie ever made. I love Simon Pegg; "Hot Fuzz" is another of my favorites.
I really liked Simon Pegg in Spaced but haven't enjoyed any of his films.
User avatar
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 757
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:39 am
Location: bottom of a glass

Re: Films you can watch until the cows come home !

Post by beer belly bert »

gessa wrote:I really liked Simon Pegg in Spaced but haven't enjoyed any of his films.

loved PAUL with simon peg in it
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
User avatar
billie1
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1299
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:13 pm
Location: Gloucestershire

Re: Films you can watch until the cows come home !

Post by billie1 »

NorfolkWhite wrote:
But off the top of my head some of my faves:

The Godfather (like 'em all actually)
.
Liked the first two immensely , not so sure about Part 3 which included a disastrous performance from Sofia Coppola .
gessa

Re: Films you can watch until the cows come home !

Post by gessa »

beer belly bert wrote:loved PAUL with simon peg in it

Not seen that one tbh
User avatar
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4912
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:57 am

Re: Films you can watch until the cows come home !

Post by NorfolkWhite »

billie1 wrote:Liked the first two immensely , not so sure about Part 3 which included a disastrous performance from Sofia Coppola .
Yep, undoubtedly the weakest of the three but think it comes in for undue stick because of the strength of the first two - I do however sit and watch it if it is ever on and I find it flicking around channels.
User avatar
matt leeds
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1282
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:02 pm
Location: Doncaster

Re: Films you can watch until the cows come home !

Post by matt leeds »

A light hearted one.... Hot Fuzz
Leeds is in my blood, always will be.

Going Up, Going Up, Leeds are going up, na na na na na na na na
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14626
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: Films you can watch until the cows come home !

Post by hector »

Another one that gets a regular viewing in Hectors house is Enter the Dragon (the uncut version) :lol:
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
Post Reply