THOMAS CHRISTIANSEN

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155148
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

THOMAS CHRISTIANSEN

Post by 1964white »

TC is a real diamond

Watching TC stroll along the touchline in a perfectly tailored suit while Warbuton waddles around dressed like your dad in Benidorm, cheap shorts and what might as well be a Nonce FC bright green t-shirt showing off his rounded features

Plays his football stylishly as he appears himself

Chistiansen has a touch of class !
User avatar
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4221
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:52 pm

Re: The THOMAS CHRISTIANSEN Appreciation Thread

Post by Ratscoot »

1964white wrote:TC is a real diamond

Watching TC stroll along the touchline in a perfectly tailored suit while Warbuton waddles around dressed like your dad in Benidorm, cheap shorts and what might as well be a Nonce FC bright green t-shirt showing off his rounded features

Chistiansen has a touch of class !
Totally agree plus what a good manager he's proving to be, I for one hold up my hands when he came I said Thomas who, what's he ever done really, what will he know about this league etc.. etc...

Just goes to show yet again what the hell do I know :lol:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
User avatar
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 4012
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:08 pm
Twitter: @richleeds64
Location: Leeds LS27

Re: The THOMAS CHRISTIANSEN Appreciation Thread

Post by rich_leeds64 »

I've just posted a piece about him on the Forest report thread, maybe I should have put it here...
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2669
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:39 pm

Re: The THOMAS CHRISTIANSEN Appreciation Thread

Post by paddy parrott »

It also tells us all ..who are we to pre judge , Couple of months earlier we was Thomas who? In fact only 6 months ago we hadn't a notion about Radrizanni either. Not to mention Messrs Pearson and Ortiz.
We are blessed and we hope about to get some chunk of good fortune this season and next. MOT.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2071
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:56 pm

Re: The THOMAS CHRISTIANSEN Appreciation Thread

Post by Clacton White »

I've been reading Claudio Ranieri's book - mainly about the championship winning season with Leicester but also goes into his earlier career - he followed a similar route - small clubs in lower league's , someone took a chance on him at a higher level and he had a deep knowledge of the game which enabled him to succeed at higher levels' . I think TC is in a similar vein , certainly not a Hoackaday or Darko type , who basically managed at lower levels as they were that level anyway . Seems to be better than Warnock/Evans/McDermott types too . I think character wise he may be a Ranieri type too . Not a bad thing IMO .
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155148
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The THOMAS CHRISTIANSEN Appreciation Thread

Post by 1964white »

rich_leeds64 wrote:I've just posted a piece about him on the Forest report thread, maybe I should have put it here...
I tried in vain to move your post Rich however I think I lost a few posts in the process, hopefully I've managed to retrieve the majority of them
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155148
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The THOMAS CHRISTIANSEN Appreciation Thread

Post by 1964white »

As Radz said he did his homework on the team
He has kept the formation the players were used to, tweaked it to make us more threatening. Gone is the big gap between defence and front players, everything looks organised and players know where they need to be in every phase of play. Haven't seen this level of unity in the club in a long long time. Very impressed with him so far even if it is early days.

Apparently whilst at Boro' Orta brought in were mainly very good signings, it was the ones Gibson appeared to want (Rhodes,Bamford and Guzzon) that didn't work.
rab_rant

Re: The THOMAS CHRISTIANSEN Appreciation Thread

Post by rab_rant »

Picture says it all.
Image
User avatar
Osprey
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:20 pm
Location: Yorkshire

Re: The THOMAS CHRISTIANSEN Appreciation Thread

Post by Osprey »

I must admit, after so much suffering over the past decade, I thought Christiansen was just another Hockaday - a chancer! It's still early days yet but I'm more than happy to eat humble pie, in fact I'll willingly OD on it! This guy looks the real deal - dare we dream?
since 7 October 1967
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41696
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: The THOMAS CHRISTIANSEN Appreciation Thread

Post by Cjay »

So so pleased with TC, the fact he did a presentation on every game that didnt go our way and how he would of fixed it is amazing to me. Cant imagine Colin or Monk having the patience or the tactical knowledge to do that. Just imagine Colin would of walked in and yelled "Paddy Kenny" then left. You can see the Barcelona schooling in TC the pressing, the patient build up, sitting back waiting and keeping our shape its lovely to see. We will have bad games and he will get it wrong sometimes but i for one am delighted.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155148
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The THOMAS CHRISTIANSEN Appreciation Thread

Post by 1964white »

I also TC makes the right substitutions
Norm
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 6930
Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 2:51 am
Location: SW Missouri USA

Re: The THOMAS CHRISTIANSEN Appreciation Thread

Post by Norm »

Makes you think doesn't it! We've signed several players for what seems like fifty bob total - well, okay, maybe 10 or so million, when other teams are paying millions for 1 player. Not only that, but we appear to be getting good players too - and Monk left because he wanted to be in charge of everything at the club? That's a surmise but it would fit with his obvious egotism.

So, we have a petulance-free Head Coach, a system of scouting/procurement which appears to be very effective (so far) and rave reviews of our performances thus far.

I still think I'm dreaming sometimes. I almost can't believe we've got Radz, who's making it all possible; Thomas, who's making it all achievable, and a management system with the necessary personnel to make it all work and possibly get us promoted.

I'm not getting ahead of myself yet, just happier than last year when I thought we had a prophet, who turned out to be a Barnum & Bailey graduate.
User avatar
Crude
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5674
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
Location: 'Merica

Re: The THOMAS CHRISTIANSEN Appreciation Thread

Post by Crude »

Cjay wrote:So so pleased with TC, the fact he did a presentation on every game that didnt go our way and how he would of fixed it is amazing to me. Cant imagine Colin or Monk having the patience or the tactical knowledge to do that. Just imagine Colin would of walked in and yelled "Paddy Kenny" then left. You can see the Barcelona schooling in TC the pressing, the patient build up, sitting back waiting and keeping our shape its lovely to see. We will have bad games and he will get it wrong sometimes but i for one am delighted.
:roflmao:
But totally on the mark, lol.

TC is a tactician we haven't had in a very long time. Great pedigree, great vision, and able to translate that into managing a side like Leeds. That is no small feat. Bigger names have tried and failed (miserably), but TC gets it, gets the club, gets the supporters.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
User avatar
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4912
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:57 am

Re: The THOMAS CHRISTIANSEN Appreciation Thread

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Ratscoot wrote:Totally agree plus what a good manager he's proving to be, I for one hold up my hands when he came I said Thomas who, what's he ever done really, what will he know about this league etc.. etc...

Just goes to show yet again what the hell do I know :lol:
I'm with you on that one, hold my hands up as well. Think we could all see the green shoots last season and even though we fell short the season certainly surpassed the mid table finish many realistically expected. So when the club, and I believe Radz didn't really see Monk as the man, decide to make fundamental changes to what has achieved that success you are bound to worry. Turns out that each decision has proved to be the right one and we've built on last season and addressed issues that probably wouldn't have been if we hadn't made the changes.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155148
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The THOMAS CHRISTIANSEN Appreciation Thread

Post by 1964white »

Arguably the best signing of the season

Love the man, he is so cool & assured

TC has even got his own song now :scarf2:
Charity Shield 69
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 229
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:57 pm

Re: The THOMAS CHRISTIANSEN Appreciation Thread

Post by Charity Shield 69 »

It's great that TC has made such a positive impression and that the team is well placed in two comps in this opening phase of the season - makes it so much more enjoyable following the Mighty Whites (or Blacks, at times).

Hopefully the positive tone of discussion will continue after quite a few more games by which time we will know if we are going to be able to win home league games regularly.

It's helpful that we have recently experienced a mostly decent previous season on which to build, first time in a few years. TC, with support from the team of senior officials at the club, certainly appears to be managing the transition to this evolving 2017-18 team very intelligently.

I'm hopeful that fan expectations won't become unrealistically elevated due to this promising start and create unnecessary extra pressure on the team.

It would be great to think that we might be at the beginning of an era in which our Manager/Head Coach remains in place for years rather than months.

Cheers,
CS69
Cheers,
CS69
User avatar
Crude
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5674
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
Location: 'Merica

Re: The THOMAS CHRISTIANSEN Appreciation Thread

Post by Crude »

Charity Shield 69 wrote:I'm hopeful that fan expectations won't become unrealistically elevated due to this promising start and create unnecessary extra pressure on the team.
It takes special players, manager and owner(s) to thrive at Leeds. Hope we have the right combination finally.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41696
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: The THOMAS CHRISTIANSEN Appreciation Thread

Post by Cjay »

I love how he celebrates when we score, he looks like any fan, like it means something :shirt: :clapshout: :scarf2:

Dont see Leeds often but when i have Gary Monk normally just looked angry . Constantly angry . .We score a goal it looks like someone just kicked his cat. :rant: :duno:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20737
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: The THOMAS CHRISTIANSEN Appreciation Thread

Post by whiteswan »

Cjay wrote:
just kicked his cat. :rant: :duno:
Shhhhhh Cjay....dont mention anyone kicking anyones cat to 64....he wont like it :wink:
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20737
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: The THOMAS CHRISTIANSEN Appreciation Thread

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote:Well............

TC's press conference today

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/901267520?-11130:816:0

Best news is O'Kane is fit for tomorrow's game :-D
Can't view the video 64, but I really do like him. Talks a lot of sense with no bluster or huff and puff. Speaks honestly and openly...also seems to know his job very well :lol:
Post Reply