Norwich Game - Preview Questions?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Norwich Game - Preview Questions?

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Ahead of the Norwich game we have been asked a few questions by Norwich fan site My Football Writer;

1. Norwich and Leeds have played a few extraordinary games in the last eight or nine years. What's your most memorable game between the two clubs in recent memory?

2. What were your exact feelings after the transfers of Johnson, Howson, Snodgrass and Becchio to Norwich in quite quick succession? If there was any anger was it mainly aimed at the Leeds board or at Norwich?

3. Is there any strong anti-Norwich feeling still at Elland Road after those transfers or is it all largely water under the bridge now?

4. Not for the first time in recent years, Leeds have started the season well. Do you feel this might finally be your year or are you bracing yourselves for a collapse in form?

5. How excited are you by Marcelo Bielsa and his good start? How do you think he compares to other managers in the division (in particular our boss Daniel Farke, an appointment that was also perceived as a risk but hasn't gone quite so swiftly to plan...)

6. And finally, what do you think would be a good result for Leeds at Carrow Road? And what do you think the score will be?
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Norwich Game - Preview Questions?

Post by HarryofOz »

1. None stand out

2. I don't have anything against players who leave Leeds or against clubs that sign Leeds players. Unless the player in question screws us over like Bowyer and Kewell did. So I didn't resent players who left us for Norwich. If anything I blamed our board for not ensuring that Leeds would be a club that they'd want to remain at.

3. There was never a bridge for water to go under for me.

4. We had a good start results-wise last season but were not playing the same quality of football. I think this could be the year we finally go back up.

5. I've been very impressed with Bielsa. We play a quality brand of football under him and the players look very confident and show a great willingness to take responsibility and get possession of the ball. He also showed with his substitution of Phillips for Baker against Swansea that he is prepared to act quickly if he thinks things are going wrong.

6. I'd love a win of course, but I'd be happy enough with a draw. I reckon it could be a 2-all draw again.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

1. The 3-2 win at Carrow Road a couple of seasons ago, when Vierra got the late winner, and the League Cup tie at Elland Road which we won on penalties stand out recently.

2. There was anger with Bates at the selling of Howson and Snodgrass, as we were decently placed in the league, and just needed a couple of decent defensive signings to push on. Instead, we sold those two, and got nobody in. There was anger with Warnock for flogging Becchio and replacing him with Morison. Don't think there was real anger with Norwich, although you could have nicked Ipswich's best players instead.

3. Don't think there was ever any real anti-Norwich feeling at Elland Road. You are not one of our traditional rivals.

4. It is a worry, but the football we are playing far exceeds what we were playing under Christiansen at the start of last season. Hopefully, we can keep it going this season.

5. Very excited by Bielsa, he is a one off as far as managers go, but he knows his mind, and his only thought is to attack, and if that doesn't work, attack even more. Unsure of Farke, seems he got his chance due to the success of Wagner at Hudds. The same approach will not necessarily work a second time.

6. Hoping for another win to keep us top, but would settle for a draw. I'll go for a 1-2 win.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Shields53 wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:34 am Ahead of the Norwich game we have been asked a few questions by Norwich fan site My Football Writer;

1. Norwich and Leeds have played a few extraordinary games in the last eight or nine years. What's your most memorable game between the two clubs in recent memory?

The Bellusci vs Jerome spat / spit whatever

2. What were your exact feelings after the transfers of Johnson, Howson, Snodgrass and Becchio to Norwich in quite quick succession? If there was any anger was it mainly aimed at the Leeds board or at Norwich?

Lined someone's pockets. Football is a business, a nasty business

3. Is there any strong anti-Norwich feeling still at Elland Road after those transfers or is it all largely water under the bridge now?

Well all love how Delia taught us how to boil and egg, but it can not be compared to Cellino adding salt / marching powder to the pasta

4. Not for the first time in recent years, Leeds have started the season well. Do you feel this might finally be your year or are you bracing yourselves for a collapse in form?

We will not lose a single game this season Bielsa has some mystical crystal shite going on that puts Cellino's marching powder in the shade.

5. How excited are you by Marcelo Bielsa and his good start? How do you think he compares to other managers in the division (in particular our boss Daniel Farke, an appointment that was also perceived as a risk but hasn't gone quite so swiftly to plan...)

Farke knows who Farke is. Bielsa is an archangel from the seventh heaven. His ways are beyond the comprehension of mere mortals.

6. And finally, what do you think would be a good result for Leeds at Carrow Road? And what do you think the score will be?

Win win win. Cannaries come on... yellow and green are you trying to be Brazil???... the shorts should have been blue. Get a grip. I thought there would be some nice women around when I went to see the Norfolk broads, but nada. 4-0 to Leeds. Straight from the horses arse.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1 None really.

2) Anger at the board really, frustration that we were selling our best players rather then trying to build on what we had..

3) Never was an anti Norwich thing.

4) Its always in the back of your mind, doubts about the squad and whether we can sustain the pace, but we have to trust Bielsa, the football has been to good not to.

5) Excited but not getting to excited yet, long way to go, but as a manager and person Marcelo is far better then what we have had before, a real breath of fresh air. Dont know much about Daniel Farke, got the job based on the success of David Wagner, was a risky appointment, being German and having worked at Dortmund doesnt necessarily mean he will match Wagner.

6) Hoping to see a backlash performance after Swansea, take a draw but you have conceded a lot, and we create a lot of chances each game, so i'll go for a win.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

All I hope is that MB gives all the players a testosterone jab before the game to combat the pink changing room.
And I fancy us to at least get a point.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Feel sort of duty bound to respond seen as I go to most Canaries home games (although first game this season will be Saturday)

1. Of recent games the late Ronnie V winner stands out for me, was a good game where we played well and deserved to win, sweet late victory after they though they had nicked a draw. Prior to that I saw a lot of games down there where we were awful.
2. Sad to see good players leave Leeds and if it wasn't for the stick I took about them nicking our players it would have been easier. Blame Leeds board for not putting us in a position where we can retain decent talent.
3. Too nice a little club to carry any real malice, save that for the ones who really deserve it!
4. I've never believed anything good is going to happen to LUFC, no reason to believe this season will be any different.
5. Bielsa does seem a different animal to any manager we've had in a long time, if the players can cope he may just be the one. Farke seemed to be appointed on the back of success with a similar manager by the dog botherers, from what I've seen he doesn't seem to have been able to attract the same quality of player and with the purse strings being tightened I would expect an upper mid-table finish.
6. Good result would be 3 - 1 us, but I would take a draw.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Chilli D wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:47 am All I hope is that MB gives all the players a testosterone jab before the game to combat the pink changing room.
And I fancy us to at least get a point.
Lance Armstrong has been appointed physio on a one game contract :lol:
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Both games in our joint L1 promotion year.
The Cup games under Monk
A sense of disbelief that we could be let down so badly by our owner, who obviously was happy to settle for the Championship and the income from Executive boxes. My anger was always focused on Bates, although I cursed the persistence of the Norwich board and, when Snoddy left, I admit to some anger towards Norwich as a club.
I have a residual resentment towards Norwich. I realise it was our own chairman who sold us out but, whereas at one time I would have goodwill towards them, I can't help feeling pleased when they get whupped. I know it's stupid but it's what it is.
Waiting for the other foot to fall. I can't believe we still haven't got a new CB or 2. I don't know about a collapsing form but I don't think we're well-equipped to win the war of attrition that is the Championship, especially as short of alternative players as we are.
I liked the idea of him and our first 2 games went as well as they could. As to how he compares to others; on the skill side he has no equal, but on the down-to-earth gritty stuff necessary in part in the Championship, jury's out.
In fairness, the Rotherham game was a grind and the Swansea game a bit of luck, but both games showed the necessary attributes for a successful Championship season - never say die and get stuck in. Overall I'm happy but still apprehensive about this season as day after day goes by with no additional loans to shore up our obvious actual and potential weaknesses
A thumping win would be good but I'm not predicting anything because I'm not confident enough.
I can only hope.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

3-2 at Carrow Road

I'll echo what others are saying. Anger with our own management, definitely.

Why would we be angry with Norwich? Nobody from Norwich held a gun to Bates' head.

Being a Leeds fan, I'm always waiting for the next disaster. This year feels different, though.I'm cautiously optimistic

Bielsa is the real deal. I absolutely love his philosophy and style of play. Whether we've given him the players to execute his vision remains to be seen. As I said above, I'm cautiously optimistic.

A good result would be a win, but a point on the road in the Championship is always satisfactory. I'll waffle and say either Norwich 1-2 Leeds or Norwich 2-2 Leeds.
beeeje
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by beeeje »

1. Game from April 2017
2. I was mad after selling these players. Let's not forget Bradley Johnson as well,who left on a free transfer....but not where it should be
3. I hope there is a still anti-Norwich feeling ( know they made an offer that was accepted) ...but i really can't stand them.They became my greatest rival
4. Really dont't know what to think.If we play as well as now ....from January to the end of the season,I think we will have chances .But if we are going up,i would like Norwich do to the same so we can beat them twice at a higher level.
5. Excited but not that much.Just his last years as a coach are not very successful and I hope this initial euphoria does not stop soon. After two months
of playing like this,that will be no longer a euphoria,but our style of play
6. I think draw would be good result for us unless we can win .I just want to see the derby match and a disere of our players to fight to the end