SG90 wrote: ↑Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:59 pm
I'll probably get shot down for this, but now is the time to give Brown a run out. We're paying silly money for a reason. We could do with his drive and pace to run at teams.
Or Shackleton, Boguzs, etc.
Shack must have a million splinters in his backside.
Now we move on to Brentford live on sky and I dare say their 'pundits' will take great pleasure in laying into Leeds should it not go well. Really not looking forward to it now.
whiteswan wrote: ↑Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:59 pm
Grim indeed Leon! What an absolute shambles
Hope you get out of the traffic jam and soon home.
Hope everyone is ok at the accident scene. I await your report later
On the move now. Looked like a white car had either jumped or hit the barrier & ended up in the middle lane
White Riot wrote: ↑Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:07 pm
Or Shackleton, Boguzs, etc.
Shack must have a million splinters in his backside.
But MB will just play the same side anyway.
Our strength all season could be our downfall...once again I was baffled by the subs and I reckon the players struggle with it too.."where am I playing? "
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
If we actually went up via playoffs, don't get me wrong it would be better than coming second, but I can't see us winning them. The team I'd most want to avoid is Boro.
BGwhite wrote: ↑Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:11 pm
Now we move on to Brentford live on sky and I dare say their 'pundits' will take great pleasure in laying into Leeds should it not go well. Really not looking forward to it now.
Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Keith Andrews is already practising his smug "I told you so" grin in the mirror.
Not ready to despair on promotion- still too many possibilities for it to occur remain, even if today's outcome clouds the easy and obvious ones. This season has twisted and turned so many times I won't be at all surprised if we are up and down and up again before it's all over...
onemoreslogan wrote: ↑Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:18 pm
Not ready to despair on promotion- still too many possibilities for it to occur remain, even if today's outcome clouds the easy and obvious ones. This season has twisted and turned so many times I won't be at all surprised if we are up and down and up again before it's all over...
True enough, we were here after Birmingham and picked things back up. Not many games to do that in now though. Hopefully, since the Blunts haven't proven any more capable of handling the pressure of second, it'll just so happen to swing our way again by final match day. Would be nice to just make it easy on ourselves but I suppose that ain't the Leeds way.
Just thought the tide would change for us for once. All those late goals to gain wins when we'd have comfortably lost in previous seasons, winning against Millwall while behind twice, being top at Christmas. Not sure what it will take to gain promotion.
f**king shambolic. pathetic, frustrating performance. no other words for it.
seriously lack of quality today .
again some strange substitutions and far to soon in my book.
ayling the only one worthy of a mention struggling with the rest.
absolutely gutted.
down but not out.
Hopefully the blunts bottle it again and we can sneak past them.
I was planning that we'd be 6 points ahead of them today and sitting with a glass of whisky cheering SW on against Norwich late, I had this wild fantasy we could evn win the title - but that's out of the window.
Maybe MB is stubborn and makes some daft subs, but these players that he's shown amazing loyalty to have let him and us down terribly today.
Credit to MB he still had the nuts to stand up and say its all his fault - not those bottlers that wore our shirts this afternoon.
This Leeds side has many of the attributes to go forward , but the main one that they lack is that they don't possess the physical means of man to man and show how to brush off big defensive midfielders nor battle hardened centre backs. Quality is there for all to see but when you need to mix it and bludgeon a team we totally lack .
paddy parrott wrote:This Leeds side has many of the attributes to go forward , but the main one that they lack is that they don't possess the physical means of man to man and show how to brush off big defensive midfielders nor battle hardened centre backs. Quality is there for all to see but when you need to mix it and bludgeon a team we totally lack .
Said the same all season. On far too many occasions we get out-muscled and bullied because our players aren't beefy enough . I just hope that the summer brings us some physical presence .
BGwhite wrote: ↑Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:57 pm
Said the same all season. On far too many occasions we get out-muscled and bullied because our players aren't beefy enough . I just hope that the summer brings us some physical presence .
Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Yup, for all the good football we play, you still need a bit of ugliness and rough and tumble to get out of this league.
Credit to Wigan, even with 10 men they made us look so vulnerable at the back and took their chances well. Having supported and watched Leeds for 50 plus years I have seen us blow up so many times that its almost become inevitable. I sometimes secretly wish I supported a team like say Preston where there is only ever hope of a mid table finish with maybe a good run now and then. The hope associated with Leeds is draining to say the least and with that hope usually comes despair ! This squad have performed remarkably for the bulk of the season and full credit to them and Bielsa but that performance today is totally inexplicable, I now fear another few seasons where we are
Why do a section of our fans rate Berardi so much?
He was shite today and exposed for the full back playing cb that he is.
But aside from he gives his all and what not, is that all it is? Like Andy Hughes, really really average player at best but for some reason a cult hero.