2019/20 Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: 2019/20 Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thread

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 9:09 pm Ekuban - the deal looks closer to £1m. Sacko £1m - that won't happen. The likes of Denton, Anota, O'Kane will likely go for nowt. I think we'd have done amazing to get £5m.
Agree I can't see us getting anywhere near Cjay's inflated fees
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

With Roofe in contract dispute, we should be looking at Alfie's lad Erling Braut Haalaand as a backup. 18 years old on a big contract at Red Bull Salzburg (but nowhere near what Roofe is wanting). Bought for £4.5M last season, but he only played two games in an inferior league. A loan to buy would be nice, if we really are skint. He would give us a different option (big mobile lad who scores for fun - think of an upgraded version of Edmondson). Solksjaer compared him to Lukaku at Molde.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Not a transfer rumour (although I'm sure that Villa would be desperate to get rid), but I see that Ross McContract is still living up to his name. Villa's promotion ensures that his wage rises from £40k per week to £70k per week, for the final year of his contract. :)
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Gandalf wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:42 am With Roofe in contract dispute, we should be looking at Alfie's lad Erling Braut Haalaand as a backup. 18 years old on a big contract at Red Bull Salzburg (but nowhere near what Roofe is wanting). Bought for £4.5M last season, but he only played two games in an inferior league. A loan to buy would be nice, if we really are skint. He would give us a different option (big mobile lad who scores for fun - think of an upgraded version of Edmondson). Solksjaer compared him to Lukaku at Molde.
No guarantee he is an upgrade - scoring 9 v Honduras Under whatevers (or whatever team it was) sounds good initially but like you say he only played 2 matches for Red Bull in an inferior league to ours. If we were to buy him then RB would presumably want to make a profit so paying £5m+ for a back up striker is incredibly wasteful. Don't see the point in a loan to buy - as we saw with Izzy Brown no point loaning a player just to play for our U23s.

Edmondson also has a year's experience playing the Bielsa way. If we are cashing in on Roofe then we need to be signing someone who would be starting and also an upgrade on Bamford.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Wonder if Pep will let us have some of his higher rated loans now . . . . .

Daniel Arzani is very highly rated and a fast and skillful winger, plus he did his ACL in November.

We will definitely sign Arzani :lol:

Oh he is on a 2 year loan deal at Celtic, i really hope we are aiming higher then Jack Harrison :tdown:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

No need to look abroad or even the Premier League for quality signings.
Quality championship players with an eye for goal such as Reece James, Luke Freeman and Adam Reach plus a quality center back along with the likes of Bogusz, Shackleton, Halme etc coming through and we could win the league comfortably.
I fear another summer of 'never heard ofs' but I hope I'm wrong
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:38 am No need to look abroad or even the Premier League for quality signings.
Quality championship players with an eye for goal such as Reece James, Luke Freeman and Adam Reach plus a quality center back along with the likes of Bogusz, Shackleton, Halme etc coming through and we could win the league comfortably.
I fear another summer of 'never heard ofs' but I hope I'm wrong
Yes Chilli I lost count on how many times I commented on my travels watching championship football......'I wouldn't mind him at Leeds'
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

From Phil Hay. . .

Leeds target loan deals for Wolves winger Helder Costa and Brighton defender Ben White.

If MB can help Costa find the player from a few years back he would be a great signing.

Not sure about Ben White, dont know much about him but not seeing the logic in helping Brighton develop a player when we have our own young cbs.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Yes to Helder Costa. Ivan Cavaleiro would be class too.

No to Ben White. Waste of money and developing players for Brighton. We have Struijk, Halme and O'Connor already.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:50 pm Yes to Helder Costa. Ivan Cavaleiro would be class too.

No to Ben White. Waste of money and developing players for Brighton. We have Struijk, Halme and O'Connor already.
Only concern about Costa is he has suffered some niggly injuries last few years and it seems there is a feeling that he hasnt been the same since that nasty ankle injury in 2017. :duno:
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Don't worry about the likes of Costa

Neymar will be playing for Leeds when the deal goes through :)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:56 pm Don't worry about the likes of Costa

Neymar will be playing for Leeds when the deal goes through :)
Currently injured . . . We are guaranteed to sign him :lol:

Ironically he was playing vs Qatar when he got injured :oops:
Signed

King Cjay

mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Damn you all, tempering my excitement over Costa with this talk of injury. Still, he is the kind of name we should be hearing so this is encouraging, and providing he's fit sooner rather than later, Bielsa will mould him into something even better.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Yes to Costa, no to White. We have a young CB in Aapo Halme who we can develop and use as cover (or he may break through this coming season), we don't need a player who couldn't get a game in a Brighton side who, let's be honest, are a Championship team in all but name.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:50 pm Only concern about Costa is he has suffered some niggly injuries last few years and it seems there is a feeling that he hasnt been the same since that nasty ankle injury in 2017. :duno:
I fancy Bielsa to get him firing again :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:07 pm Currently injured . . . We are guaranteed to sign him :lol:

Ironically he was playing vs Qatar when he got injured :oops:
Apparently Bielsa has flown out to Qatar for meetings with our future new owners
Newport white
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Newport white »

SG90 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:50 pm Yes to Helder Costa. Ivan Cavaleiro would be class too.

Ben white was at Newport on a season long loan season before last ( played against us in the cup) and looked a class player, very surprised he couldn’t break into the 1st team but Brighton’s best players are their 2 centre backs
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:38 pm Apparently Bielsa has flown out to Qatar for meetings with our future new owners
Would imagine we need that to be true because the Costa rumour without them seems a non starter.

Doubt he would be cheap.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:03 pm I fancy Bielsa to get him firing again :tup:
If anyone can he can
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

3 La Liga clubs are interested in Kiko Casilla.
Signed

King Cjay