1964white wrote: ↑Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:56 am
Me too Dezzy
Phillips is one of those marmite players.
I travel with around 90 fans home & away & I don't know anyone who would want to get rid of one of our stars of the season, KP is highly regarded by all, love to see one of our own perform consistently at a high level
I'm not his only fan
I'll say it again and please don't answer with the Bielsa argument. I was one of the few sticking up for Phillips last season when everyone said get rid. Similarly I'm not calling him god like and worth 20M this season, my opinion hasn't changed he is and was then a good footballer with a decent ceiling in need of another season or two to begin to fulfill potential.
He's still learning the position and for me at times that showed and the other issue is he lacks the pace to get out of errors. Once he learns the position completely he won't need the pace because his positioning and football IQ will improve
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
faaip wrote: ↑Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:18 pm
He's still learning the position and for me at times that showed and the other issue is he lacks the pace to get out of errors. Once he learns the position completely he won't need the pace because his positioning and football IQ will improve
Lets hope KP's learning curve is under the guidance of Marcelo
Kalvin Phillip's has been reinvented to some degree under Beisla and really stepped up and out of himself .Delivering an all round midfield game full of tenacity ,passing movement & cover for others around him. Though I'd want him weighing in to with Goals .. that if he wants to be the Complete footballer is necessary for me.
He is a saleable asset & I hope he is retained if course.
Last season I'd rate Kalvin an 8.
Score for this seasons body of work is an 8 for me. This is not an average of MOTM scores it's a score for the whole season. If it were an average score it would be around a 7
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"