2019/20 Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: 2019/20 Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thread

Post by Chilli D »

Just seen on Sky Sports news that West Ham and Brighton are interested in Roofe
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

A keeper is the least of our priorities
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Chilli D wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:59 pm Just seen on Sky Sports news that West Ham and Brighton are interested in Roofe
No reason to sell Roofe, given the outgoings already. Even if he's in the last year of his contract I'd only expect him to leave for a big offer.

Do a Beckford and say he can go next season if we're not promoted.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

I know some on here are unconvinced about Roofe, but he's a perfect fit for Bielsa's system, and I'd suggest losing him would be a bigger blow than PJ. I don't believe he's Prem class but, at this level, his movement is excellent and he's no slouch at finishing either. One to keep, imo
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

I can’t see any first teamers leaving unless it’s for stupid money now they’ve flown out for pre season.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

As it stands we lost one first team starter from last season, and that one may not have been a starter this had he stayed. We've added a 15M pound player while adding around 15 M in fees back..that's top class work to this point

Could all go tits up but so far so good

Thought it amusing when "Leeds fans "react" to sale of Sam Dalby on twitter, popped up in my email today...what is there to react to?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

Especially when we’ve also brought in 2 strikers from Barcelona too....

I’m keen to see what happens with saiz - he’s due back next week and as it stands it doesn’t look like there’s much in the form of interest for him. I wonder if he’ll end up sending him out on Loan again
1964white

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:38 pm I know some on here are unconvinced about Roofe, but he's a perfect fit for Bielsa's system, and I'd suggest losing him would be a bigger blow than PJ. I don't believe he's Prem class but, at this level, his movement is excellent and he's no slouch at finishing either. One to keep, imo
Roofe is definitely one to keep Nick

I question whether he'll ever be a 25 goals a season striker ?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:46 pm As it stands we lost one first team starter from last season, and that one may not have been a starter this had he stayed. We've added a 15M pound player while adding around 15 M in fees back..that's top class work to this point

Could all go tits up but so far so good

Thought it amusing when "Leeds fans "react" to sale of Sam Dalby on twitter, popped up in my email today...what is there to react to?
We still require two more quality signings if we wish to take the championship to the cleaners
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

1964white wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:46 pm We still require two more quality signings if we wish to take the championship to the cleaners
agreed. but i'll would probably settle for one more . a quality cb is still needed for me . captain material someone with experience a leader and a organiser who is good in the air . white looks decent going forward but i'm not sure about his defending qualities yet . he's young and still learning. my only concern is the defence.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

leic white 63 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:30 pm agreed. but i'll would probably settle for one more . a quality cb is still needed for me . captain material someone with experience a leader and a organiser who is good in the air . white looks decent going forward but i'm not sure about his defending qualities yet . he's young and still learning. my only concern is the defence.
Agree fully, then there is the problem who steps into Pablo's shoes when he's missing?

Hernandez orchestrated our victory in the York friendly as he often did last season
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Burnley supposedly interested in Klich and Roofe which for me would be a much bigger loss than Pontus and Clarke...Doubt it's has much in the way of legs but the value for both would be around 10m imo and would cost us double to add players of equal ability
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Marcelo Bielsa spotted "taking notes" at Liverpool vs Bradford today.

Two players we have been linked with both played, Harry Wilson and Ryan Kent.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

So, with only a few weeks left, who do we think we will be in for?

If we dont allow any of those who featured in the last two matches, plus Roberts to leave do you think we have enough?

If not what would be on the dream shopping list?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
gessa

Post by gessa »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:29 pm So, with only a few weeks left, who do we think we will be in for?

If we dont allow any of those who featured in the last two matches, plus Roberts to leave do you think we have enough?

Read today, thay someone on facebook shared a picture of him with Orta, he apparently asked Orta about signings, he told him there was one more but said nothing else, names, position or the like.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

gessa wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:38 pm Read today, thay someone on facebook shared a picture of him with Orta, he apparently asked Orta about signings, he told him there was one more but said nothing else, names, position or the like.
I reckon we will bring in one more player, hopefully one for the first team, maybe a midfielder.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:38 pm Read today, thay someone on facebook shared a picture of him with Orta, he apparently asked Orta about signings, he told him there was one more but said nothing else, names, position or the like.
It'll probably be another U23 player mate
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:29 pm So, with only a few weeks left, who do we think we will be in for?

I'd like another CB and potentially maybe a striker.

I think what we have is okay as long as the u23s are at a point to contribute. We shouldn't have the same injuries as last year (hopefully), but we still don't have a huge amount of cover.
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

I think with the emergence of Shackleton hopefully coming into a more prominent role - I think we might see another couple of youth players making an impact how him / Clarke did last season .... bogusz / struijk for instance.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Delph joins Everton