The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 17th July)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 17th July)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Wednesday 17th July, and here are the Leeds Utd headlines

Bielsa arrives in Australia

Bielsa has jetted off to Perth, just in time to watch his Yorkshire Whites take on the Reds of Lancashire!
The two sides have not met since 2011 when Leeds were soundly beaten 3-0 at Elland Road, yet the season before who could forget Beckford's magic as Manchester Utd were dumped out of the FA Cup.

Expected starting line up:
Casilla, Douglas, Berardi, Cooper, Dallas, Forshaw, Phillips, Hernandez, Harrison, Bamford, Roofe

The game kicks off at midday our time. The bookies have Leeds at 6/1 for the win, 15/4 draw and 2/5 for a reds victory.

Hernandez - "I'm not happy"

Pablo Hernandez has been speaking to the YEP about Pontus Jansson's transfer to Brentford.

“I lost a team-mate and a friend but this is football”
“This can happen. Teams change players. I have lived through this a lot of times in my career. This is football. “Obviously this is a big loss for us but other players come. Obviously I am not happy because we lost him. “I don’t think too much about it. The most important thing now is the players who are here and who play for Leeds United next season.”

For someone who was supposed to be such a disruptive influence on and off the pitch, Is it not strange that the majority of the team have sent heart felt messages to the Swede about how much he'll be missed?

Bookies make Leeds firm favourites

Leeds are firm favourites at the bookies to win the Championship this coming season.

Bet3655 currently have Leeds at 9/2, with Fulham way behind them at 8/1 and Cardiff at 10/1.
West Brom, Stoke and Brentford are also in the mix!

If you wanted a less risky bet, the Whites are favourites for promotion next term at 7/4 whether it be automatically or via the play offs.

For Leeds to finish in the top 6, you'll only find odds of 8/15.

mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 17th July)

Post by mothbanquet »

Morning all,

Let's hope for a good game, a win and a stream to show it! I honestly think we have the edge here, in that Solksjaer is still overhauling a team that will have yet to properly sync with one another. With our fitness and the obvious improvement in fluidity and teamwork we've already seen I think we can give the scum a shock.

Re Pablo's comments, I think you've only focused on one part of what was a very balanced and neutral statement. If Pontus was his mate that would have taken precedence over any supposed disruption he caused anyway, but in any case, was was he supposed to say? 'Thank god that prick's gone, now I've got less competition for player of the year'? Even if he didn't like the guy, the answer would've been identical. Nothing to read into it whatsoever.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

mothbanquet wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:12 am Morning all,

Let's hope for a good game, a win and a stream to show it! I honestly think we have the edge here, in that Solksjaer is still overhauling a team that will have yet to properly sync with one another. With our fitness and the obvious improvement in fluidity and teamwork we've already seen I think we can give the scum a shock.

Re Pablo's comments, I think you've only focused on one part of what was a very balanced and neutral statement. If Pontus was his mate that would have taken precedence over any supposed disruption he caused anyway, but in any case, was was he supposed to say? 'Thank god that prick's gone, now I've got less competition for player of the year'? Even if he didn't like the guy, the answer would've been identical. Nothing to read into it whatsoever.
Morning MB,

I think when you're a professional footballer, if your mate at the club is a disruptive influence, then you distance yourself as far away as you can from him.

I'm on the hunt for a stream. If no match day thread goes up, then I'll post it here.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Bielsa

Marcelo epitomises professionalism

Pablo

Hernandez says it all, it's all poppycock that Pontus was a disruptive influence on his teammates, you only had to witness all the high-fives with his comrades. Pablo knows we've lost a top player

Favourites

Don't take too much notice about the odds on a team to win the championship, a tag I'd rather do without we are there to be shot down. Norwich & Sheff Utd weren't favourites to go up.

The English & Scottish premiership odds are more accurate than the lower leagues
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:48 am Bielsa

Marcelo epitomises professionalism

Pablo

Hernandez says it all, it's all poppycock that Pontus was a disruptive influence on his teammates, you only had to witness all the high-fives with his comrades. Pablo knows we've lost a top player

Favourites

Don't take too much notice about the odds on a team to win the championship, a tag I'd rather do without we are there to be shot down. Norwich & Sheff Utd weren't favourites to go up.

The English & Scottish premiership odds are more accurate than the lower leagues
Morning Leon

I haven't heard the work poppycock for years... :)

The Scottish Prem is a foregone conclusion.

Re Jansson, what about last Summer when the club tried to flog Jansson to that Russian outfit, and he went blabbing to the papers saying Leeds were selling him against his wishes!!!
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:40 am I think when you're a professional footballer, if your mate at the club is a disruptive influence, then you distance yourself as far away as you can from him.
Obviously i can't speak from experience on that front mate, but in any profession you've got two types - mates who will throw you under a bus for the sake of their careers, and mates who will stand by you or at the very least not turn against you. To me Pablo's reponse is a shrug in word form, certainly not partisan statement, but more to the point it's simply nothing to read too deeply into.

Of course if we see the Pablo-Pontus Picket Perimeter in the next few days we'll know I'm wrong. :)
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Morning all.

Not expecting much out of todays game. My only interest is how often we get caught on the break.

Seems these aussie journos have been able to get closer to the Leeds players thoughts than the English ones, either that or distance has made them far more forthright in their comments. We had Bamford speaking yesterday about his regrets. It all means nothing.

Bookies odds only reflects where the money is going, so really the global betting public ( and more fool them) fancy Leeds to promote.. Woo......
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

mothbanquet wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:08 am Obviously i can't speak from experience on that front mate, but in any profession you've got two types - mates who will throw you under a bus for the sake of their careers, and mates who will stand by you or at the very least not turn against you. To me Pablo's reponse is a shrug in word form, certainly not partisan statement, but more to the point it's simply nothing to read too deeply into.

Of course if we see the Pablo-Pontus Picket Perimeter in the next few days we'll know I'm wrong. :)
The only thing I'm thinking of is when Saiz left. Not one player wished him well.

Pontus leaves, and almost the entire team are all sending their best wishes, he'll be missed etc.

There has to be something in that.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Irish Ian wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:16 am Morning all.

Not expecting much out of todays game. My only interest is how often we get caught on the break.

Seems these aussie journos have been able to get closer to the Leeds players thoughts than the English ones, either that or distance has made them far more forthright in their comments. We had Bamford speaking yesterday about his regrets. It all means nothing.

Bookies odds only reflects where the money is going, so really the global betting public ( and more fool them) fancy Leeds to promote.. Woo......
Morning Ian,

Quite a few of the general stories have already been done, and are drip fed to the fans when there's a lack of stories about.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Any thoughs on Huddersfields kit?

Attachments
VA3pHrch.jpg
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

mothbanquet wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:08 am Obviously i can't speak from experience on that front mate, but in any profession you've got two types - mates who will throw you under a bus for the sake of their careers, and mates who will stand by you or at the very least not turn against you. To me Pablo's reponse is a shrug in word form, certainly not partisan statement, but more to the point it's simply nothing to read too deeply into.

Agreed, there's very little in that statement to hang a hat on. Just generic words...best summed up here

"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:20 am The only thing I'm thinking of is when Saiz left. Not one player wished him well.

Pontus leaves, and almost the entire team are all sending their best wishes, he'll be missed etc.

There has to be something in that.
Of course there has to be something in that Matt

Pontus was a massive character & player, Cooper will miss him as he'll be responsible for winning the majority of the headers now when the opposition are pinging in crosses against our midgets.

Our squad of players know he was a class act in this league

I just hope the promising Ben White has a huge influence in the centre of our defence
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:46 am Any thoughs on Huddersfields kit?

Morning Matt :)

Yes, :poo: :poo: ....suffice to say, I doubt they'll sell very many!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Any kit that encourages gambling is going to be a bad one....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Huddersfield... absolutely awful kit ! Betting companies should be banned from sponsoring anything.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:40 am Morning Ian,

Quite a few of the general stories have already been done, and are drip fed to the fans when there's a lack of stories about.
Morning El that is true enough. I just hope that this season all our stories will be generated from what happens on the pitch..

What odds will the bookies give us on that :roflmao:
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Sad to not see Klich's name there but who better to run the show back at TA? Wouldn't surprise me if he's in the running for captain in the next few seasons at this rate.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Think the Huddersfield kit is a spoof.