Current Squad & Transfers Poll

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

1. Is our squad currently stronger than last seasons?
No votes
Yes
13%
No
3%
Same
9%
2. Are you satisfied with the transfers so far?
No votes
Yes
15%
No
6%
So-so
3%
3. Do we still need more signings?
No votes
Yes
22%
No
2%
4. How Many More Players?
No votes
None
No votes
5%
18%
3+
3%

Total votes: 94

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Your votes please
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Current Squad & Transfers Poll

Post by Sara »

It only let me vote on one question. Each time I answered a new question, the previous question's vote disappeared.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

SaraM wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:53 am It only let me vote on one question. Each time I answered a new question, the previous question's vote disappeared.
Amended to allow 4 options...
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Same answer as waccoe

Yes - Stronger squad than last season
Yes - Happy with transfers so far
No - Don't need anymore transfers in
2 - I'd like to see 2 more come in, a CB and a number 10
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

Quick summary of answers below.
Yes we are stronger than last year. We have signed Costa which has massively improved our options in the final 3rd. Yes we have lost Jansson but have gained White who, given early impressions, appears to fit the system better.
We have our U23s who are another year further developed, our whole squad is now a season into playing Bielsaball and know what is expected meaning we have started this season with relative continuity (how many seasons have we been able to say that? How many of our rivals can say that?)
Absolutely satisfied with the transfers so far for the aforementioned reasons.
Yes we need more signings, or should i say signing. I think another centre half would be ideal but then again feel like we COULD deal without it.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

herefordbornleedsboy wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:39 pm Quick summary of answers below.
Yes we are stronger than last year. We have signed Costa which has massively improved our options in the final 3rd. Yes we have lost Jansson but have gained White who, given early impressions, appears to fit the system better.
We have our U23s who are another year further developed, our whole squad is now a season into playing Bielsaball and know what is expected meaning we have started this season with relative continuity (how many seasons have we been able to say that? How many of our rivals can say that?)
Absolutely satisfied with the transfers so far for the aforementioned reasons.
Yes we need more signings, or should i say signing. I think another centre half would be ideal but then again feel like we COULD deal without it.
Most forget that, fans tend to think players will be exactly the same player they were the year before but our 18-20 yr olds will be getting stronger, more experienced. That's an improvement though the odd one or two will go backwards for whatever reason.

It also applies to seniors, another yr in the system, fitter, a better understanding of how the season will unfold in this system. Most players will improve on last season, and there's no better teacher than defeat. As long as those who experienced it are back to put it right. Continuity is key
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

I reckon if we bring in two more players we should have cover in the squad.

Kent seems to have come back onto the radar which would be a decent addition. Also I reckon we need cover for KP has I dont reckon Jordan Stevens is ready yet.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:31 pm I reckon if we bring in two more players we should have cover in the squad.

Kent seems to have come back onto the radar which would be a decent addition. Also I reckon we need cover for KP has I dont reckon Jordan Stevens is ready yet.

Forshaw is cover for KP, whether you like that or not is a different matter. Stevens and McCalmont have looked decent in pre-season.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

The only way to know someone is ready is to play them...Right now I can't think of a single U23 that didn't step up when forced into playing time
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Still need a strong, experienced CB and a 20+ goals a year striker as currently I have no confidence in Bambi scoring as many as he did last season
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Same for me, we have the winger Bielsa wanted all last season in Costa.

We need to replace Saiz properly.

We need to replace Jansson properly.

Then i would be a happy Cjay.

A really happy Cjay would see another striker and Forshaw sold and replaced.

But Saiz and Jansson replaced and id be happy.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ratscoot wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:42 pm Still need a strong, experienced CB and a 20+ goals a year striker as currently I have no confidence in Bambi scoring as many as he did last season
My sentiments too Rat, pretty obvious really !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

So the majority of voters think :

We have a stronger squad than last season

Happy with our transfer dealings during the summer

Require more signings

Two quality arrivals would be enough
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I answered no to need as I think we can challenge very well with the current squad. I'd like a couple of additions but there's a difference between like and need. ..I'd like a 5 bedroom detached home over looking the South Devon Coast with about 3 acres ..I don't need it
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

faaip wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:07 pm I answered no to need as I think we can challenge very well with the current squad. I'd like a couple of additions but there's a difference between like and need. ..I'd like a 5 bedroom detached home over looking the South Devon Coast with about 3 acres ..I don't need it
I reckon we might be saving some cash for January in that regard, to be able to react to whatever surprises the season throws up by that point.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mothbanquet wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:21 pm I reckon we might be saving some cash for January in that regard, to be able to react to whatever surprises the season throws up by that point.
I doubt it!

Fans always say it's a notoriously bad time to make new signings in the January Window

If they are out there & we are interested in them, negotiate a deal & sign them up now rather than wait until half the season is over. We've got money in the kitty
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

It's not great to be fair, players are over priced in Jan..
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Really? Plenty of folk were saying that one of our failings last season was not strengthening in Jan and missing out on players like Dan James, who 'definitely' would have gotten us promoted.

Not my opinion fyi, but you must remember the furore over it
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

mothbanquet wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:34 pm Really? Plenty of folk were saying that one of our failings last season was not strengthening in Jan and missing out on players like Dan James, who 'definitely' would have gotten us promoted.

Not my opinion fyi, but you must remember the furore over it
Fans say this every year, we are saving our cash for January.

When was the last time we actually did that and got the players in in January who positively impacted our season?

If we are going to spend the money (and we know we have it) then now is the time imo.

Gambling on January is no good, we might be bottom in January for all we know.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

early transfer rumour... woul you welcome this move?
IMG_20211114_162630.jpg