Leeds United v Nottingham Forest 1-1 MOTM

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds United v Nottingham Forest 1-1 MOTM

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:14 pm But he should have been sent off dont you agree?

I thought he did ok today would be in my top 5 but he has to be marked down for that imo.

Berardi, Cooper, Bamford etc, if it wasnt the golden boy they would all be marked down for that stupidity and so should he.
Yes it was a red card offence as was the challenge on Costa, apart from that KP had a very good game

Remember Berardi & Cooper were sent off, Phillips wasn't so we got lucky for once in the game. Bamford feigning injury was deliberate & stupid
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:17 pm Of course they are

Just like the Klich brigade on here

The criticism for any slight error from Kalvin every week is ridiculous

Same with Pablo with the famous line "he gives the ball away too much", bl**dy hell he's gonna lose the ball at times because he dictates much of our attacking play

Every player in this Leeds team makes errors
Yes but when they do you come down on them like a ton of bricks..I remember you slagging Barardi off for the play off defeat, He played well both games got two yellows and he's a liability..Phillips should have been sent off for a second time in three games and it's an "error" we can ignore

Are you honestly sticking up for Phillips in that tackle?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:13 pm He let's the ball bounce rather than just clearing it out first time and then miskicks it. They always say "don't let the ball bounce".
The ball whipped through a packed area creating havoc for some messy defending, Forest got lucky as it dropped for them for one of the scruffiest goals you'll see all season

Anyway should the goal have been disallowed for a foul offence ?
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:30 pm The ball whipped through a packed area creating havoc for some messy defending, Forest got lucky as it dropped for them for one of the scruffiest goals you'll see all season

Anyway should the goal have been disallowed for a foul offence ?
Yes, but I don't want to turn into Warnock and blame the refs all the time. We do our job and the ref is irrelevant.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SG90 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:33 pm Yes, but I don't want to turn into Warnock and blame the refs all the time. We do our job and the ref is irrelevant.
We got a break with Phillips and we should have played the game on the back foot with 10 men...at that point the latter decisions become irrelevant I guess. We'd have settled for the draw at that point I reckon

Phillips would still have been MOTM on the coach
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

1964white wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:08 pm Of course he was Rat

Three sublime balls down the channels to start off moves

Shot from 25 yards that their keeper pushed away for a corner

Superb long pass for Bamford's lob that should have hit the back of the net

No one on the end of his crosses from corners, at least he beats the first man

Won various tackles & made important interceptions
All very true Leon :tup:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:27 pm Yes but when they do you come down on them like a ton of bricks..I remember you slagging Barardi off for the play off defeat, He played well both games got two yellows and he's a liability..Phillips should have been sent off for a second time in three games and it's an "error" we can ignore

Are you honestly sticking up for Phillips in that tackle?
No I can't condone that sort of tackle, I agree he needs to cut out those reckless challenges out of his game. The fact remains the ref showed leniency & he played well in the 90 minutes he was on the pitch

Btw I didn't think Cooper or Berardi were efficient in the Derby 2nd leg game, Wilson & Marriott ran them ragged through the heart of our defence. Berardi was superb in the first-leg
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ratscoot wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:39 pm All very true Leon :tup:
Thank you Rat :tup:

Sometimes I wonder if I'm watching a different game :duno:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

faaip wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:39 pm We got a break with Phillips and we should have played the game on the back foot with 10 men...at that point the latter decisions become irrelevant I guess. We'd have settled for the draw at that point I reckon

Yes I agree. If we blame the ref, we can't ignore Phillips' challenge. That said, Baldock made the same challenge for the Blunts and only got a yellow, so I dunno.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:39 pm No I can't condone that sort of tackle, I agree he needs to cut out those reckless challenges out of his game. The fact remains the ref showed leniency & he played well in the 90 minutes he was on the pitch

Btw I didn't think Cooper or Berardi were efficient in the Derby 2nd leg game, Wilson & Marriott ran them ragged through the heart of our defence. Berardi was superb in the first-leg
Beradi was excellent both legs...I score players on the whole game and Phillips got docked at least a point today in my rankings for it because he should have gotten sent off and left us a man down and then as I said maybe holding on for a 0-0 draw.. He couldn't know the ref would be lenient, I'd imagine he was expecting a red
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:21 pm Yes it was a red card offence as was the challenge on Costa, apart from that KP had a very good game

Remember Berardi & Cooper were sent off, Phillips wasn't so we got lucky for once in the game. Bamford feigning injury was deliberate & stupid
He had a good game i agree but he has to be marked down for stupid things like that because he wouldn't have had a game if the ref did his job.

He has done it for years, always had that sort of challenge in him, needs to cut it out.

I always mark down players who get sent off or do stupid things, it isnt just because it's KP (who i fully admit i dont rate as highly as some).

Good game but by rights he should have walked and for that reason its just good, no more imo.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:33 pm Yes, but I don't want to turn into Warnock and blame the refs all the time. We do our job and the ref is irrelevant.
So not disallowing their goal & waving away two penalties (one of them clear cut) didn't effect the result today?

The ref had a shocker!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SG90 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:42 pm Yes I agree. If we blame the ref, we can't ignore Phillips' challenge. That said, Baldock made the same challenge for the Blunts and only got a yellow, so I dunno.
That's true ..so both teams down to ten maybe
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:39 pm

Made me howl that :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

No arguing the ref had a shocker
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Anyway.....

Hernandez
Phillips
White
Harrison
Dallas
Klich
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:50 pm So not disallowing their goal & waving away two penalties (one of them clear cut) didn't effect the result today?

The ref had a shocker!
Yeah the ref was poor, but we clear the corner or score one of our other chances, no one would be talking about the ref. I'm sure Forest fans will say we should have been down to 10 after 20 mins. The ref just becomes an excuse as we threw away 2 points.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I tend to just post my scores on this thread and not criticize others ratings. We all see things differently and TV coverage gives you angles you just don't get at the game.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

faaip wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:57 pm I tend to just post my scores on this thread and not criticize others ratings. We all see things differently and TV coverage gives you angles you just don't get at the game.
This is so true - add to that the fact that we all like footballers who excel at different aspects of the game - all means a variety of opinions. I will also admit that listening to other people’s comments during the game does influence you too, more often than not for the good.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Lost count of the number of times walking away from Elland Road or the Rec and not agreeing with the guy stood next to me. ..Yours and my ratings were a case in point Norfolk, completely different and tbh I couldn't disagree with your top 6..I thought there was a fag paper between most performances today. I did as I say strike a point of Phillips though. An 8 would have been commensurate with the performance and I think a fair score if not for the foul