Dallas and Cooper New Deals

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Dallas and Cooper New Deals

Post by Cjay »

Dallas signs a new 4 year deal (contract expired in 2020)

Coops signs a new 5 year deal (contract expired in 2021)

Dallas deserved a new deal, a squad player in the Prem is fine.

Coops on a 5 year deal with 2 years left on his deal is an odd one imo.

Not premier league quality, seems a long deal.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Dallas and Cooper New Deals

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:30 pm Coops on a 5 year deal with 2 years left on his deal is an odd one imo.
His improvement under Bielsa has been very good and no reason he doesn't continue. Whether he is premiership class is debateable especially in a Bielsa side. Even if he became a back-up centreback he would be a decent player to step into the side and with knowing the Bielsa way it would be far easier than us buying a player to be back up.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

weasel wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:00 pm His improvement under Bielsa has been very good and no reason he doesn't continue. Whether he is premiership class is debateable especially in a Bielsa side. Even if he became a back-up centreback he would be a decent player to step into the side and with knowing the Bielsa way it would be far easier than us buying a player to be back up.
My thoughts exactly weasel
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Both Cooper & Dallas have improved immensely under the guidance of Bielsa however I do feel the longevity of the deals should have been two to three year contracts maximum

I just hope we haven't gone down the road when we offered O'Kane a four year deal after a few good games. Can't see either Dallas or Coops in our starting line-up if we are promoted to the premiership.

Ask me if Ben White is capable of achieving at a higher level & I'd give you a much more confident answer
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

Cjay wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:30 pm Dallas signs a new 4 year deal (contract expired in 2020)

Coops signs a new 5 year deal (contract expired in 2021)

Dallas deserved a new deal, a squad player in the Prem is fine.

Coops on a 5 year deal with 2 years left on his deal is an odd one imo.

Not premier league quality, seems a long deal.
totally agree.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

We never learn do we? Both were contracted until 2021, so not ooc and no one was queuing up to buy them. The wage bill is increased even more now, despite Radz claiming it was too high already. Neither would be good enough if we went up. Dallas decent squad player.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

I reckon Leeds thought by slapping long contracts on them their value would increase particularly if they went up but I can't help thinking that its all a bit premature with 2 years left.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

SG90 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:18 pm We never learn do we? Both were contracted until 2021, so not ooc and no one was queuing up to buy them. The wage bill is increased even more now, despite Radz claiming it was too high already. Neither would be good enough if we went up. Dallas decent squad player.
Enjoy the win mate
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

BGwhite wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:49 pm I reckon Leeds thought by slapping long contracts on them their value would increase particularly if they went up but I can't help thinking that its all a bit premature with 2 years left.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
It would have made sense if they were young, but they're 28. I'd rather we gave Bogusz and Shack 5 year deals. I can't help but think this is like when Radz handed out 4 year contracts like confetti after a few decent games, as well as further increasing the wage bill despite it being too high already. I'm willing to bet Ayling and Berardi will be next. I'll be annoyed if we're jettisoning more u23 players to pay for it, like Kun, Edmondson, Struijk.