Derby players Tom Lawrence & Mason Bennett charged with drink-driving

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Derby players Tom Lawrence & Mason Bennett charged with drink-driving

Post by billysboots »

Frank must be still in his “honeymoon period”. The BBC love him.
There Is Only One United.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

SaraM wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:25 pm Or did Lampard encourage a drinking culture with his massive bar bill after the playoff semi?

Feel a bit sorry for Cocu tbh, looks like he's taken on a right pile of 💩

I refuse to believe that this is a new culture established in a couple on months, this must have been going on under Lampards reign.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:28 pm I refuse to believe that this is a new culture established in a couple on months, this must have been going on under Lampards reign.
Some of their fans now seem to be linking it with years of underperformance, which has seen a string of managerial sackings.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

Be ok when Rooney arrives though, he’s never had any trouble with drink driving!
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:43 pm Be ok when Rooney arrives though, he’s never had any trouble with drink driving!
Still banned, isn't he? Can't see it ending well.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

SaraM wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:49 pm Still banned, isn't he? Can't see it ending well.

Looks like his ban finished this month.

He’ll be able to drive them all home from training.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:52 pm He’ll be able to drive them all home from training.
:lol:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:19 pm This accident/potential tragedy hasn’t even made front page of BBC football pages, not even lead story on championship page

Nothing to see here everyone, of course there was nobody stood on a public path :lol:
Lucky for them that nobody was stood on a public path or they could be facing much more serious charges as that person would have very likely been killed. It riles me with drink driving that the sentence is dependant on the actual result rather than the offence as it is only by luck that they didn't cause deaths. If you get behind the wheel when under the influence then you are basically saying because of my actions now I might kill someone.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SaraM wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:35 pm CCTV footage.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... s-20317296
Not sure what that video says really, just two cars going past a camara with zero indication of at what speed.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Derby County star Mason Bennett pictured at Drinkaware event days before drink-drive charge
EXCLUSIVE: The striker, 23, was a club ambassador at the Walking Football Cup in association with the Derby County Community Trust to highlight the "risk of health harms from alcohol" and their flagship campaign, Drink Free Day

:lol:
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

faaip wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:46 pm Not sure what that video says really, just two cars going past a camara with zero indication of at what speed.
Presumably the significance is how close together they were, given that they ended up colliding.

Speed would be indicated by the severity of the damage, and also the timescale of about three minutes between leaving the Joiners Arms and ending up in a crumpled heap at the junction between Burley Lane and the A6.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

If they're doing 30 at that point there not that close, my point is not the outcome, that's undisputed, but that footage is evidence of nothing.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

Just seen a picture of Richard Keogh’s knee :sick:
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

faaip wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:03 pm If they're doing 30 at that point there not that close, my point is not the outcome, that's undisputed, but that footage is evidence of nothing.
I don't think anyone's suggesting it's significant evidence, they'll be convicted on their alcohol levels, behaviour in the pub, and the resulting crash and injuries.

There's no way they were only doing 30. It's a steep hill going down to the junction, which they overshot, demolishing the lamppost on the other side.

As already mentioned, the time of leaving the pub and the time of the crash are known. I used to go out with someone who lived up there, I've been in that pub and driven that lane many times. They must have been caning it.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Fwank now gurning about Bielsa getting the Fifa award. No comment about his previous charges breaking the law though.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
LevLeeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @Simonlev99

Post by LevLeeds »

D425B68F-4F3D-4F91-824F-12409C35E5E8.jpeg
A4C87124-4BCE-4F39-8A61-867B0914C444.jpeg
D425B68F-4F3D-4F91-824F-12409C35E5E8.jpeg
Attachments
D00CAD07-07BE-48F3-9F69-D8F41805FBAA.png
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

weasel wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:35 pm Lucky for them that nobody was stood on a public path or they could be facing much more serious charges as that person would have very likely been killed. It riles me with drink driving that the sentence is dependant on the actual result rather than the offence as it is only by luck that they didn't cause deaths. If you get behind the wheel when under the influence then you are basically saying because of my actions now I might kill someone.
Mirror.co.uk revealed yesterday that Bennett attended a Drinkaware event days before the crash.

He was a club ambassador at Drinkaware's Walking Football Cup in association with the Derby County Community Trust on Tuesday September 17 and presented the cup to the winning team Nottingham Forest.

How ironic he is there at an event to promote awareness on the dangers and harms that can be done by too much alcohol consumption. It would not surprise me in the least to discover that Tom Lawrence has been campaigning for road safety.

Everything that is hid will be brought to the light, and it won't be a pretty sight.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:38 pm Fwank now gurning about Bielsa getting the Fifa award. No comment about his previous charges breaking the law though.
Sick to death of Frank bloody Lampard. He only used to be part of my consciousness as one of the crap England team that never won anything, until he rocked up at Derby. He's been pissing me off ever since.

Seems to be a general consensus that those knee photos aren't Keogh. Why would he be wearing cycling shorts on a night out?

I prefer the conspiracy that he was actually off his tits on cocaine, and they're using the injury story as a cover up.
billie1
First Team
First Team

Post by billie1 »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:38 pm Fwank now gurning about Bielsa getting the Fifa award. No comment about his previous charges breaking the law though.
I didn’t realise it was possible to detest Lampard more than I already do , but I have to say , he has exceeded my expectations with this latest round of twaddle .